• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs CSKA Moscow***

Wasn't this the one in the early 70s where the stadium PA guy couldn't find a copy of the Soviet anthem, so their team had to stand to attention to the closest thing he could find - a record called Midnight in Moscow by Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen

I don't remember the Kenny Ball bit but I remember the game we won 5-0 a young kid called McGrath got a couple.

But youth football is all about learning not winning, hopefully they learn from their mistakes. Chelsea youth teams have been dominant over the past few years but none of the players get near the PL, I'd rather we produce players who go on to be internationals than teams that win youth throphies.

Winning mentality is also important, but some in that team don't look to have it.

Didn't Alli say he played all games for MK Dons in CM?

He also played CM v the likes of Emirates Marketing Project (4-1) and Liverpool at home (0-0).

Quite right. I don't think it's fair to say 'Alli doesn't work in CM' as I've seen some say over the opening weeks of the season, but I do think he needs to sharpen up in that position against the better teams where he will be required to track back.

He's vital (if Dembele isn't playing) at being in the 2, providing an incisive, progressive passing avenue but he let his concentration slip against Monaco and that lead to the second goal. Against Boro though he was fine and as long as he sorts this part of his game out I think he's a great option to have there.

I do believe in Winksy though. If he gets game time he won't let us down.

Quite right. I don't think it's fair to say 'Alli doesn't work in CM' as I've seen some say over the opening weeks of the season, but I do think he needs to sharpen up in that position against the better teams where he will be required to track back.

He's vital (if Dembele isn't playing) at being in the 2, providing an incisive, progressive passing avenue but he let his concentration slip against Monaco and that lead to the second goal. Against Boro though he was fine and as long as he sorts this part of his game out I think he's a great option to have there.

I agree - he was also very good against Stoke. He is our go-to man when Dembele is out until Winks gets more experience I think.

Fair enough. Early on in his Spurs career I thought he looked really unsuited to CM - always seemed very anonymous when he played there. But I've been out of the country and have missed most of this season's matches, so fingers crossed he's improved and will have a good game there if played.

EDIT: His stats from the Monaco game indicate the thing that I fear - so few passes for a CM. Was he quite anonymous in that game?

Last edited:
I wonder if we might go for the 4-1-4-1 formation we used on Saturday again. It can easily become a 4-3-3 out of possession with Alli and Eriksen dropping back to support Wanyama.

My team

Льорис
ходок
Alderweireld
Вертонген
Девис
животные
Алли
Ламела
Эриксен
сын
Яннсен
Poor old Toby... the only member of the team who's name can't translate at all into Russian... even Wanyama can be translated from Swahili to Russian!

I wonder if we might go for the 4-1-4-1 formation we used on Saturday again. It can easily become a 4-3-3 out of possession with Alli and Eriksen dropping back to support Wanyama.
I think so. Alli and Eriksen took it in turns to make sure one was back to support Wanyama. I think we have the personnel to pull it off as all of them are hardworking.

THFC team: Lloris (C); Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Wanyama, Dele; Lamela, Eriksen, Son; Janssen.

Subs: Vorm, Walker, Wimmer, Carter-Vickers, Winks, Onomah, Nkoudou.

Not sure it's a good idea to rest players in the CL, but Trippier might play well, of course.

Tripper is more than capable! He's a good, senior player. He isn't Walker, but the full back position is the most demanding in our side, we need to rotate if we want Walker fit through the season and we need to have confidence that Trippier is an able deputy.

To be honest, Trippier has performed well every time he's gotten a chance. He's earned respect.

Tripper is more than capable! He's a good, senior player. He isn't Walker, but the full back position is the most demanding in our side, we need to rotate if we want Walker fit through the season and we need to have confidence that Trippier is an able deputy.

To be honest, Trippier has performed well every time he's gotten a chance. He's earned respect.
Like Jesus he is good on crosses.

COYS!

We don't have much known attacking quality on the bench there so will need to do well from the outset. We can!

CtYQwfvXYAAKmwI.jpg

Back