• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur VS Colchester United ***

Well done Colchester. Plucky. Well done Frankie Kent. Really hope Wynter is OK.

White shirts Carroll, pass it to the white shirts.

same as always with Spurs this season - we have loads of half chances but don't create as many clear cut chances as you would hope. Kane's header is really the only chance which we've had where you would say that you should score more than 50% of the time

same as always with Spurs this season - we have loads of half chances but don't create as many clear cut chances as you would hope. Kane's header is really the only chance which we've had where you would say that you should score more than 50% of the time
Bit harsh, we had a few balls across the box that could/should have been popped in. Colchester have been very lucky. Chadli had a sitter after a minute but wasn't quite up to speed to toe it in.

I hope Poch will have a go at them at half time. Too half-arsed in front of goal. We should have been five goals up, at least. We need to be more clinical and have more desperation to score. It's too comfortable. Carroll and Bentalelb need to look at themselves too. Of course, we are playing some good football, but it's ridiculous that we haven't killed this game off.

Was hoping to have the game wrapped up by half time

This.

Dont know about you lot, but I am a more than a touch disappointed by the fact this is still 1-0. This game should be in bed, wrapped up, horlicks drunk an snoring away. Something like 15 shots only 4 on target, not a good enough ratio tbh.
Looks to me like Kane is trying too hard to score, in his mind probably thinks he could get a bagful today. Not sure if it is worth bringing Son on about the hour mark, bit more pace maybe, plus gives Kane a rest ready for Tuesday.
Carroll a touch below par too for me, should be shining more in a match like this.

Definitely need a 2nd goal early on, to enable the team to coast home. At 1-0 we cant afford to stay in casual mode

The wind and sun... We will thrash them in the second half.

Lamela has been very good, Carroll and Bentaleb showing why they aren't picked to start league matches regularly.

This season ? Hahaha, i can back over the past decade at least where it's been like this. Very pedestrian by us, yet still dominating the game, just need to blast a couple of goals, settle us down !

I can't see these lot coming back from a second goal, but there is always a chance that with a slice of luck they can equalize. We need to get that second.

Aside from that though, we have looked fairly comfortable. The front lads need to start anticipating Trippier's deliveries (MOTM so far) whilst I'd imagine us looking more comfortable at the back with the sun out of our eyes. Vorm sits on his line more often than Hugo which has caused a couple of problems, but not too often.

I don't mind us cruising through the game, but the silly, sloppy misplaced passes and general casualness in front of goal is beginning to irk. Centre midfield had a bit of a shocker.

I'd have loved us to have done something special like 11-0, but truth be told walking into the next round is fine too. Although I'm sure Poch won't have been jumping for joy at some of the sloppy play during the first half there.

Also, I've been championing Lamela all season, but he is starting to concern me. Profligate in front of goal and still dwelling on the ball. I think Poch axed him from the side at exactly the right moment. You feel he's approaching make or break time. We can't have non-scoring forwards.

This season ? Hahaha, i can back over the past decade at least where it's been like this. Very pedestrian by us, yet still dominating the game, just need to blast a couple of goals, settle us down !

Yep - we have lots of shots but a relatively low proportion are ones where you expect the player to score. We have lots of chances similar to the one where Chadli scored

Also, I've been championing Lamela all season, but he is starting to concern me. Profligate in front of goal and still dwelling on the ball. I think Poch axed him from the side at exactly the right moment. You feel he's approaching make or break time. We can't have non-scoring forwards.
He is certainly hit an miss at the moment. Still though he hit the post and setup the goal so not all bad. Needs to release it quicker, it was always his problem and it's surfacing again.

Yeah I agree we should remove Kane... he hasnt scored in this game. Considering Lamela has been involved in some sweet moves in this match, I am not so sure. Look towards Eriksen on this.

I hope Poch will have a go at them at half time. Too half-arsed in front of goal. We should have been five goals up, at least. We need to be more clinical and have more desperation to score. It's too comfortable. Carroll and Bentalelb need to look at themselves too. Of course, we are playing some good football, but it's ridiculous that we haven't killed this game off.

AGREED!!

Back