• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Chelski**********

I feel were more of a team under AVB than we were under Harry, we dont give up or collapse as easily as we used to

Yes, we've ditched the "as good as it gets" mentality too. I think basically Harry was happy with 5th or 6th as he felt that was as good as it should get for Spurs. And while he had a point when you take the budgets of the other clubs into account, he failed to realise that it exposed a failure on his part to punch above his weight. Harry's always done well at clubs for the most part, but he;s almost always pursuaded whatever chairman he's worked under to get the chequebook out in serious fashion. It's why Levy got rid of him. I think he finally met someone that stood up to him.

Football has shown that you can get a team to perform above the individual talent it has. What we now have under AVB is a team that doesn't have the likes of Modric, Van der Vaart, Berbatov and Keane.

It does have an incredible will to win, a never-say-die attitude, is a pain-in-the-butt for most opponents to play and when all else fails, we do have Bale. What amazes me as well about this season is that we've ALWAYS found someone to step up to the plate when the chips are down. Normally it has been Bale, but when he's been missing or off form, we've had at various times Defoe (early in the season), Lennon (vs Sunderland), Dembele (vs Lyon), then Dempsey/Sig at various points, and now even Ade stepping up and dragging us over the line.

It really heartened me that when we scored the equaliser, we didn't celebrate it like we'd won the league, but went straight to get the ball and try for the win. We didn't get it, which is dissapointing, but at the end of the day we were 2-1 down away to one of the best teams in the league with 10 minutes to go and we got a good point.

Its a testimony to AVB's man-management and motivation that it has rubbed off the players and whatever you say about our quality or lack of it this season, the will to win and togetherness has shone through the vast majority of games this season.

I agree, we seem to be mentally stronger, don't know when to give up. We did look very up for it at the end, great momentum. Wasn't to be, our back line gives me jitters.

Stoke and Sunderland ? No choice, just have to win them and see.

After about 10 mins of the game.. AVB was shouting and doing his pointy thing telling the players where to be and he was copying him in the background, the Chelsea bench was all laughing and even the 4th official was joining in too.

qunts

article-0-19B1E929000005DC-470_634x345.jpg

article-0-19A5029B000005DC-819_634x537.jpg

I agree, we seem to be mentally stronger, don't know when to give up. We did look very up for it at the end, great momentum. Wasn't to be, our back line gives me jitters.

Stoke and Sunderland ? No choice, just have to win them and see.

Probably the most pleasing aspect of this season. I cant remember a Spurs team so many late goals on a regular basis
We have scored a goal in the last 10 mins in each of our last 5 games and come back from 2-0 down in the the gaeme before that run.

Yes, we've ditched the "as good as it gets" mentality too. I think basically Harry was happy with 5th or 6th as he felt that was as good as it should get for Spurs. And while he had a point when you take the budgets of the other clubs into account, he failed to realise that it exposed a failure on his part to punch above his weight. Harry's always done well at clubs for the most part, but he;s almost always pursuaded whatever chairman he's worked under to get the chequebook out in serious fashion. It's why Levy got rid of him. I think he finally met someone that stood up to him.

Football has shown that you can get a team to perform above the individual talent it has. What we now have under AVB is a team that doesn't have the likes of Modric, Van der Vaart, Berbatov and Keane.

It does have an incredible will to win, a never-say-die attitude, is a pain-in-the-butt for most opponents to play and when all else fails, we do have Bale. What amazes me as well about this season is that we've ALWAYS found someone to step up to the plate when the chips are down. Normally it has been Bale, but when he's been missing or off form, we've had at various times Defoe (early in the season), Lennon (vs Sunderland), Dembele (vs Lyon), then Dempsey/Sig at various points, and now even Ade stepping up and dragging us over the line.

It really heartened me that when we scored the equaliser, we didn't celebrate it like we'd won the league, but went straight to get the ball and try for the win. We didn't get it, which is dissapointing, but at the end of the day we were 2-1 down away to one of the best teams in the league with 10 minutes to go and we got a good point.

Its a testimony to AVB's man-management and motivation that it has rubbed off the players and whatever you say about our quality or lack of it this season, the will to win and togetherness has shone through the vast majority of games this season.

That may have been true in the first half of the season, but certainly not since the turn of the year. Bale has carried us in so many games with his goals, the strikers and midfielders haven't chipped in enough.

I think a point was a fair result although after Siggurdson scored you looked like the team most likely to win it. For me the Stoke game is massive because if you fail to win then I think the top 4 is guaranteed for us if we beat Wigan and I reckon we will beat Wigan, if we know that by doing so guarantees us top 4. However if you beat Stoke then I still think we will beat Wigan ( with them having the cup game on Saturday) but the Sunday the game at Saint James Park, anything can happen there. Was at the WBA game last year where played so poorly and nervously yet some how managed to win ( awful keeper) so if you beat Stoke then I personally still couldn't call what will happen. Chelsea nailed on for third I think.

A very fair and composed post mate...nicely done...I would say, however, that Chelski could yet tire!

Happy with the draw but wish we had managed to beat Chelsea. After beating ManU away for the first time since 1989, it would have been sweet if we had managed to overcome the Chelsea jinx as well. It is a pity we couldn't do it. We have such a poor record at Chelsea that this is the first time in 10 years we have scored more than 1 goal in the league there. But Chelsea did have an excellent home record recently, winning 8 matches in a row. So we can be proud of this draw even if it won't help our top 4 race.

Never thought Adebayor would be our man-of-the-match against Chelsea but he did. He was simply outstanding in this match. He simply outclassed the entire Chelsea defence for most of the match with his pace and dribbling skills. He scored a great goal and set up the goal for Sigurdsson brilliantly. But he should have doner better with the chance in the first half when the match was at 1-1. We could have go on to win this match if he had scored that. Wish Adebayor had played like this in all the earlier matches. But ofcourse, he only seems to play well when his future is at stake. With all the media rumours about his future with us, don't be surprised if he plays like Messi and Ronaldo rolled into one in the remaining 2 matches. But wish AVB had brought on Defoe after we equalised. We could have tried to find another goal to win the match.

Disappointingly, Bale had a poor match. He was hardly in the match and didn't do anything of note. He could have become a hero again if he had done better with the freekick in injury time. Really disappointed he didn't score from that as it was within his range of shooting. We could be dreaming of CL now if he had scored that. Wish Bale is consistent with his freekicks as almost all his freekicks have very poor since scoring against Lyon. I think we could have done better with Dembele in midfield. Hudd was again disappointing. Not sure how he is going to fight for his place in starting 11 if he cannot perform when given the chance. I think Hudd is only good for coming on as subs nowadays. It was a well-taken goal by Sigurdsson. Wish we had started with Sigurdsson instead of Lennon. Don't think Lennon was fit as he was poor again.

Our defence was a big letdown yet again. After doing well against Southampton, they have went back to leaking goals again. We cannot expect to beat teams like Chelsea when we keep leaking silly goals. Our defence looked shaky througout the match. We were fortunate not to concede as Chelsea wasted many chances. Atleast we didn't let Torres to score ! That would have been embarassing the way Torres plays nowadays.

We could have improved our chances of a top 4 place if we had won this match. But have to be happy about the way we came back from a goal down to draw this match. Just hope the 1 point earned will make a huge difference for us and still help us finish in top 4.

Happy with the draw but wish we had managed to beat Chelsea. After beating ManU away for the first time since 1989, it would have been sweet if we had managed to overcome the Chelsea jinx as well. It is a pity we couldn't do it. We have such a poor record at Chelsea that this is the first time in 10 years we have scored more than 1 goal in the league there. But Chelsea did have an excellent home record recently, winning 8 matches in a row. So we can be proud of this draw even if it won't help our top 4 race.

Never thought Adebayor would be our man-of-the-match against Chelsea but he did. He was simply outstanding in this match. He simply outclassed the entire Chelsea defence for most of the match with his pace and dribbling skills. He scored a great goal and set up the goal for Sigurdsson brilliantly. But he should have doner better with the chance in the first half when the match was at 1-1. We could have go on to win this match if he had scored that. Wish Adebayor had played like this in all the earlier matches. But ofcourse, he only seems to play well when his future is at stake. With all the media rumours about his future with us, don't be surprised if he plays like Messi and Ronaldo rolled into one in the remaining 2 matches. But wish AVB had brought on Defoe after we equalised. We could have tried to find another goal to win the match.

Disappointingly, Bale had a poor match. He was hardly in the match and didn't do anything of note. He could have become a hero again if he had done better with the freekick in injury time. Really disappointed he didn't score from that as it was within his range of shooting. We could be dreaming of CL now if he had scored that. Wish Bale is consistent with his freekicks as almost all his freekicks have very poor since scoring against Lyon. I think we could have done better with Dembele in midfield. Hudd was again disappointing. Not sure how he is going to fight for his place in starting 11 if he cannot perform when given the chance. I think Hudd is only good for coming on as subs nowadays. It was a well-taken goal by Sigurdsson. Wish we had started with Sigurdsson instead of Lennon. Don't think Lennon was fit as he was poor again.

Our defence was a big letdown yet again. After doing well against Southampton, they have went back to leaking goals again. We cannot expect to beat teams like Chelsea when we keep leaking silly goals. Our defence looked shaky througout the match. We were fortunate not to concede as Chelsea wasted many chances. Atleast we didn't let Torres to score ! That would have been embarassing the way Torres plays nowadays.

We could have improved our chances of a top 4 place if we had won this match. But have to be happy about the way we came back from a goal down to draw this match. Just hope the 1 point earned will make a huge difference for us and still help us finish in top 4.

In general I agree with you, a couple of points I disagree on, just picking them out of your post because I've seen similar sentiments from others here as well.

Defoe sub: We weren't even going to bring on Defoe when we were a goal behind, even though we were obviously desperate for a goal. Not sure if he had a slight injury or if it was purely tactical. I think from a tactical viewpoint it made some sense. I don't think it's always a good idea to just put on another striker when you need a goal, winning the midfield battle and having a midfield that provide good service to the attacking players is just as important. Plenty of teams that play with one striker will continue to do so even when desperate for a goal. We were playing well after the goal, no need to change the system. Changing to a 4-4-2 with Ade and Defoe could have lead to us losing the midfield battle, that could have been very costly.

Bale: He was very well marshaled by Chelsea I thought. Not much difference between this performance and some of his earlier performances this season where he's popped up with the goal at the end. This point ties in to my previous point, we need players to provide the right passes to our front players. Bale is fantastic one on one and when given some space to run into, he isn't great at getting himself into those positions all on his own (few players are). I don't think he did much wrong in that game, he just wasn't given the right passes to work with.

I also think you're expecting too much from his free kicks. Very few players score consistently from set pieces.

He's no Eboue tbf

eboue-korean-o.gif

If you watch the Eboue one it genuinely looks like he thinks he is playing for the opposition, nodding that he has got his instructions! :ross:

[video=youtube;n5mj0Huxajk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5mj0Huxajk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

After about 10 mins of the game.. AVB was shouting and doing his pointy thing telling the players where to be and he was copying him in the background, the Chelsea bench was all laughing and even the 4th official was joining in too.

qunts

I know this is potemtially dwelling on some negative stuff, but anyone got any more info on this? Gifs?

Wish Sandro was around or even Dembele. After last year's FA Cup semi final perhaps a 'reducer' on Mikel is in order:barnet:

Back