• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea, WHL, Sat 28 Sept

Personally think that had we scored when paulinho hit the post it would have been 3 points today!

This. The margins were narrow today. Chelsea are a team many people think will win the league this year. Was there much between us?
And, that was probably one of Chelsea's best performances this season and probably one of our worst.
I am more confident about our prospects at the moment than i have been for a good while. Get Lamela playing and Soldado firing and we will look very good.

Disappointed with Townsend's dive. Didn't like seeing that from Bale. Don't like seeing it from Townsend.
Townsend is an impact player for me. He has moments of skill, but not moments of magic. And that is what we need.

Happy with a point, wouldve taken that before the start of the day...

We were poor 2nd half, they played well, they were horrible, every chapter of the Chelsea book of how to act like a **** was fully used by Jose & the gang today

Dean was appalling, he fell for every trick they showed...

This. The margins were narrow today. Chelsea are a team many people think will win the league this year. Was there much between us?
And, that was probably one of Chelsea's best performances this season and probably one of our worst.
I am more confident about our prospects at the moment than i have been for a good while. Get Lamela playing and Soldado firing and we will look very good.

Disappointed with Townsend's dive. Didn't like seeing that from Bale. Don't like seeing it from Townsend.
Townsend is an impact player for me. He has moments of skill, but not moments of magic. And that is what we need.

I was disappointed with his dive too, but in a way it's the kind of thing that happens these days.

I thought this was a game that showed that he can be more than an impact player. I thought he played one of his better games for us so far in his career considering the opposition. He caused some real problems for Chelsea and did a decent job defensively, although he should have done better in that one situation with Hazard.

Wasn't it Townsend that set up Paulinho for the shot that hit the post? He also had a great dummied shot to create space for himself that left two Chelsea players in his wake. He ran at players, very rarely lost the ball from what I remember and was involved with play. Well done I thought.

Townsend was ace after his booking, really had a real go at Cole..

Just seen the goal, what a turn from Eriksen, brilliant turn...

if that was Arsenal vs. Chelsea at the Emirates and Arsenal played the exact same way as us, youd all say that was a great point for Arsenal.

I'm happy with the point (though disappointed that we didn't do more in the 2nd half).

Still, the away team in this kind of fixture will always be happier than the home team.

As for the subs, we quite clearly had lost complete control of the midfield (thus rendering townsend /Eriksen, siggy and soldado completely pointless) and yet he didn't make changes in the centre. Any changes further forward were mostly pointless because we couldn't get the ball to him in the first place.

But as we've seen today, any team can lose to anyone in this league.

Much easier for Mourinho to make an attcaking sub when our losing and haven't had a shot in target.

He went 4-1-4-1 and limited the space in midfield. Mata is class and showed that but the reason they came back into it was we were bending overun in midfield.

Chaldi was strange for me as IMO he offers very little (just my opinion) and we needed pace as an outlet which Townsend has and he was playing very well IMO

Paulinho and Eriksen looked lost a lot in the second half and it was a great experience for them in hind sight.

I'd have taken that before hand providing we win next week

if that was Arsenal vs. Chelsea at the Emirates and Arsenal played the exact same way as us, youd all say that was a great point for Arsenal.

I wouldn't. If a team is serious about top four, then any points dropped at home are dropped points.

If the exact match had happened at Stamford Bridge I'd be delighted with the result. But it was at WHL, and when you look how poor the league is at the moment there is literally no team we aren't favourites against at home. Bring them all on, we're better than all of them at the Lane.

What disappointed me though wasn't the result. It was the performance in the second half, especially when they went to 10 men. We settled for a draw when the win was on.

We were awesome first half. Showed no fear, and really took the game them. Should have possibly scored a second goal.

The second half they came out fighting, and we looked worried. AVB had us so well setup for the first. Top marks. But at half time, you knew they would come out fighting. We didn't look ready. Around 55 minutes AVB should have been brave and brought on Sandro for Eriksen. Eriksen was our key in the first half, but should have been quickly swapped in the second to allow Sandro to sit in front of the back 4 - with Dembele and Paulinho (who were excellent) able to break. (For a former striker Dembele is very goal shy - that great run in the second half passes in the box, but is not ready for the return pass where he could have got a shot off from the edge of the box)

Anyhow, AVB brings on a player who's hardly settled and just back from injury and they continue to over run our midfield. Lamela for Townsend and Sandro for Eriksen, what would have happened? We might have lost :) We - the fans, the team - are not used to being on top against these teams, and it showed second half. Mentally we were not as tough as they were.

Only just got back (live in lincokn), weird all the praise townsend isgetting, think he's incredibly limited and been given or Ethan enough time in the first team top together not close to ready yet. Dembele was incredible. Naughton was terrible. Everyone else average.

This match reminded me why I despise Chelski so much. Foul play, constantly harassing and trying to con the referee, diving, arrogance, childish play acting and general ****ishness.

Non stop. The next generation of footballers will be an obnoxious bunch with this type of role models.

Last edited:
Only just got back (live in lincokn), weird all the praise townsend isgetting, think he's incredibly limited and been given or Ethan enough time in the first team top together not close to ready yet. Dembele was incredible. Naughton was terrible. Everyone else average.

You don't sit behind one of the poles do you? :)

Just like to say to Mumorn and Adam about Dembele and Paulinho - I'm not biased at all, I love 'em all. But I'd like to think I'm watching the game enough to make a judgement.

Felt lucky to escape with a point in that second half. They clearly had control of the midfield and it seemed inevitable that they would score again. I don't know what it is about this squad, but they completely change the way they play after gaining the lead. It's like they stop playing to win and start playing not to lose. It's a bit disturbing. The Torres red was a bad call on replay, but watching it real time I thought Verts had been seriously fouled, so I can't fault Dean. Plus Torres is a **** so **** him.

Really loved the play from Eriksen and Townsend today. Also impressed by Walker and Dembele. I was disappointed when Chadli came on for Townsend. I'd rather not see anymore of Naughton in league games.

It was the master against the apprentice and honours even. They have a team full of experienced winners and we don't. Great result.
As long as we don't lose to our rivals and beat the other teams we will be in the mix.

Bleeding obvious, I know but worth saying...Chelsea dropped 2 points today.

Didn't know where to post this but thought some of you will appreciate this anyway
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1271837_10200562174803442_331619149_o.jpg

The new Israeli Spurs supporters club debuted today, there were a lot more people there than this picture though haha
I'm bottom left (holding the flag). My younger brother is the tall guy in the far left :)

Thanks for posting that.

I love seeing pics of fans. I watch all Sky games down the pub and more and more white shirts when I go.

Just when I thought the OMT's couldn't get any worse . Geeesus, what a fcuk off read that were .

Should be beating the likes of Chelsea 9-0 at home. Okay , at least six or five-nil when we're having an off day#-o

Just back from the game. Shows how far we have come when I am disappointed we have only drawn with Chelsea

Good first half, and we will never know what might have been had Paulinho smashed that chance home late in the first half.

Never really got going in the 2nd half. Bringing Mata on was a good call for them, wheras I said at the time that I didnt get the Chadli for Townsend change, and I still dont. Andros was doing well, bar the dive. Definitley needed Sandro in midfield, and possibly Defoe on a little earlier.

Not impressed by Dean either, had a run either side of HT where he literally gave them everything, including getting in the way of one of our attacks.

Still, we were top for nearly five hours and it felt good

Back