• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea, WHL, Sat 28 Sept

My team:

------------------------------Lloris-------------------------
Walker--------Dawson----------------Verts----------Rose
----------------------Paulinho---Sandro-------------------
Lamela-------------------Holtby--------------------Eriksen
------------------------Soldado-----------------------------

I wish we had a left back that could score, can Chadli play LB? :)
The only problem is that Lamela, Eriksen and Holtby are players that create, and we have to trust that Soldado can get the goals...
This is why its hard not to have siggy in that lineup.

Dembele has to start for me.

For me too!

Such great options to have and i can fully see the arguments for starting Sandro and also Holtby. But i think both can be used from the bench.
I would love to see Erikson and Holtby in the same line up but dont think this is the right time to try it.
Last thing i want to do is change the system for this game. We are at home, they are struggling slightly and a win for us would be huge going forward.
That means only decision to make in the starting line up is Townsend or Lamela. Either one will be facing Cole so it will be tough, i would plump for Lamela purely because he is a world class talent and might come up with a vital moment for us. Think AVB will go the other way and use Lamela from the bench instead

Mourinho went to Old Trafford and parked the bus with no striker.

Will he afford us the same respect and aim for 0-0 or 0-1?

My team:

The only problem is that Lamela, Eriksen and Holtby are players that create, and we have to trust that Soldado can get the goals...

Eriksen is not a winger. And it would be madness to play him as such in a game like this

This will be the 11

----------------------Paulinho---Eriksen-------------------
Lamela-------------------Gylfi--------------------Townsend

Last year's team v Chelsea:

We were missing Bale and Dembele.

-------------Friedel--------------
Walker Caulker Gallas Vertonghen
----Huddlestone Sandro----------
Lennon ---Sigurdsson----Dempsey
------------Defoe----------------

This year (?):

--------------Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Naughton
-------Paulinho Demebele-----------
Sigurdsson Eriksen Townsend--------
-----------Soldado-----------------

We were well on top just after halftime when we turned the game around, but my abiding memory is we had no link between midfield and upfront. Clint and Siggy had to change positions. Mikel and Ramires were in our faces every time we turned or tried to get the ball forward. With a bit of luck Ramires is still injured after last night.

Hopefully there'll be no such problems this year, we're look like we're starting to gel and it would be nice for Paulinho and Dembeble to give them a taste of their own medicine.

------------------Lloris-------------------

Walker------Dawson------Vertonghen---Rose

------------Paulinho-----Sandro-------------

Townsend----------Holtby------------Eriksen

-----------------Defoe---------------------

When Defoe is on a purple patch like this we should start him especially with Bobby not yet hitting top form. I think we need the creativity of Holtby and Eriksen to open of the chavs. Townsend on one wing is a constant threat running at defenders could score or win us a pen. I am more confident in Sandro than Dembele for this match as he will break up their play and not be a threat to get caught out like Mouss can. Back 4 picks itself as long as Rose is fit, if not I suppose Naughton will have to do.

My team:

That's the team I would go with too. Is Rose ok to play?

We were well on top just after halftime when we turned the game around, but my abiding memory is we had no link between midfield and upfront. Clint and Siggy had to change positions. Mikel and Ramires were in our faces every time we turned or tried to get the ball forward. With a bit of luck Ramires is still injured after last night.

Hopefully there'll be no such problems this year, we're look like we're starting to gel and it would be nice for Paulinho and Dembeble to give them a taste of their own medicine.

IIRC, Hudd ran out of gas after like the 50th minute and we suddenly became vulnerable on the left side. That's the area where the tying goal originated from.

For me:

LLoris
Walker--Dawson--Verts--Rose(/Naughton)
----Paulinho---Sandro----
Lamela---Eriksen--Siggy
--------Soldado--------

But it'll probably be:
LLoris
Walker---Dawson---Verts--Naughton
------Paulinho---Dembele-------
Townsend--Eriksen----Siggy
-----------Soldado---------

Which is still a pretty good team obviously

----------------------Paulinho---Dembele------------------
Townsend----------------Eriksen----------------------Gyfil
--------------------------Soldado-----------------------------

That will be my team.

Wouldn't be opposed to Sandro in for Dembele for this game. Obviously the defence runs with Rose back. Sig on the left, Eriksen through the middle. Harsh on Holtby by Eriksen has been doing it in the Premier League and dropping him would be harsh too. Townsend on the right, this may come slightly too soon for Lamela but maybe not.

The real bugger is up front. Defoe is in a good little patch, and could probably do a job. But Soldado just looks like pure class with his movement even if he hasn't scored many in the league yet. It's tough to say you're gonna start the weaker player for one of the biggest games of the season even though from a 'man in form' perspective, Defoe should take it.

Same with Lamela actually, he should probably play ahead of Townsend. He's good enough and maybe Townsend can come on when the game is stretched.

Holtby should get a start, when he plays like that and does not get selected for the next match it's demoralizing... Defoe will get 30 minutes

Wouldn't be opposed to Sandro in for Dembele for this game. Obviously the defence runs with Rose back. Sig on the left, Eriksen through the middle. Harsh on Holtby by Eriksen has been doing it in the Premier League and dropping him would be harsh too. Townsend on the right, this may come slightly too soon for Lamela but maybe not.

The real bugger is up front. Defoe is in a good little patch, and could probably do a job. But Soldado just looks like pure class with his movement even if he hasn't scored many in the league yet. It's tough to say you're gonna start the weaker player for one of the biggest games of the season even though from a 'man in form' perspective, Defoe should take it.

Same with Lamela actually, he should probably play ahead of Townsend. He's good enough and maybe Townsend can come on when the game is stretched.
Sandro has to play in this one, he is a beast, he's made for games like this.

We are going to need to press and deny them space. Could play Holtby wide instead of Townsend, he is more creative and better defensively .

Lennon would have been a good shot for that reason.

----------------------------Lloris----------------------------

Walker-------------Dawson----------Vertonghen--------Rose

-----------------------Paulinho---Dembele------------------

---Lamela--------------------Eriksen------------Sigurdsson--

----------------------------Soldado------------------------

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Chiriches, Sandro, Holtby, Chadli, Defoe

Back