• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa ***

I think Matty Cash is a bit of a clam but don't disagree here. Would rather we just beat them instead of spending energy thinking about injuries that happened months and years ago.
It's all a little obsessive. I'm sure we'd all be thinking that if it were a rival team talking about Romero or someone else who might have injured someone. Injuries happen, Cash should have probably been sent off but it's over now.

It's all a little obsessive. I'm sure we'd all be thinking that if it were a rival team talking about Romero or someone else who might have injured someone. Injuries happen, Cash should have probably been sent off but it's over now.
Agree, but I think it is more because it was Bentancur who had just come back from a long injury and was then clealry targeted to take out which was the main issue of it all.....

Agree, but I think it is more because it was Bentancur who had just come back from a long injury and was then clealry targeted to take out which was the main issue of it all.....

It's he fudged up Doherty's career redemption with us
It's Villa were being utterly dominated by us due to Bentancur (who had just come off almost a season out)
No question Cash was intentional (you could argue if he intended to actually injure, but it was an intentional brick tackle, regardless of if it was intending to message or intending to hurt)
Bentancur coming off lost us the game, and cost us further with him still not being back to full fitness

Obviously people are being OTT with lets wait till we are x-0 up then have someone take one for the team, but really should be no surprise that any/all Spurs fans are annoyed at Cash/Villa

And again, as fans, part of it is saying "fudge the opposition"

Aston Villa predicted starting XI​

Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Torres, Digne, Bailey, McGinn, Luiz, Diaby, Watkins, Ramsey

I’ve certainly posted some OTT stuff about Cash. It’s just frustrating because Bentancur was looking like his old self and he has been rusty since he came back. Could have been useful during that period where all our players were dropping like flies. Added to the fact that Cash got away with yellow cards on both occasions (Bentancur and Doherty). Would have been easier to take if he got sent off and we had gone on to win the game.

The problem with Cash was that the injury was premeditated. And to stick one like that on a player who had just recovered from a career threatening injury was very low indeed.

I doubt I have ever mentioned his name before but it I do have a problem with his actions that day.

I do get all the Cash stuff just don't get the desire to hurt him back especially if it likely means one of our players getting suspended.

He could lock up Matty in the pantry and keep him there for an hour or so, like some people do to naughty little boys.

This is one of those test games

- Technically we should be the better side
- They play away in Europe tomorrow
- We have had 8 days to prepare

Ange and the team need to step up, if we want CL, if we want to not have to look over our shoulders for rest of season, you go win this game.
Agree. But Ange has already said the long gaps inbetween games doesn't help. So i think i will tune in come the 2nd half, as I did for Palace and hope to see us score 4 goals in 20min and Cash not be on the pitch

Last edited:
I think that's what annoyed us more he didn't get sent off or get card( can't remember if he did or not) then he gets subbed cos he is such a prick. Injustice. But if he takes someone out again on Sunday and gets away with it. And lets be honest. Refs hardly do us much favours. Then I think the team lose their heads

What did he say?
Journo said fans were in a frenzy about Matty Cash, asked if players would respond, highlighting Romero as a potential risk, caveating it by highlighting his improved disciplinary record.

Ange flipped it around and said the media are the ones trying to make the Cash situation into something, said the players should pay it no attention and went on to wax lyrical about Romero.

This feels to me like the first proper ‘must win’ of the Ange era. I’m confident our new mindset means we can get something out of the game.

Back