• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs APOEL ***

Looks like Alli will play. I'd leave Rose and Aurier on the bench for the Prem game and give KWP a start. Would be fun to see Sterling on from the start, but he'll almost certainly play Llorente.

---------Vorm--------
KWP--DS--Foyth---Davies
----TOB----Winks----
GKN----Alli-----Sonny
--------Llorente-----

I don't care about the score, but it would be so great to see GKN have a good game. We desperately need a pacy attacking option off the bench.

Our players are conditioned to peak in the second half of the season, and it's because he gets minutes into them in the first half so they can handle it.
Careful. I don't disagree with some of what you say, but read this again... if it was any other coach... would you say that their team was fitter in the second half of the season because "he gets the minutes into them in the first half of the season so they can handle it"? Does that make sense? You'd say he had overplayed them in every possible minute until they were knackered.

We are winless in our last 3 matches. So, we badly need to get back to winning ways. Fortunately, we have had much better form in the CL, beating Real Madrid and Dortmund in our last 2 CL matches. We need to keep that winning form going in the CL. There will be temptation to make mass changes for this match against Apoel since we are already assured of progressing to the knockout stage as group winners. But we should not risk our winning momentum. After all, we rarely benefit from resting players as they tend to get complacent. So, apart from a few changes, want us to play our best available players in this match.

I think Kane badly needs goals to get back his best form. He scored the hattrick against Apoel away. So hopefully he will use this match to find his goal scoring boot again. Both Alli and Eriksen have been poor recently, so they deserved to be dropped. Ironically, both Alli and Eriksen have been poor since scoring against Real Madrid. Maybe they are saving their best for CL. Dropping them will make them realise they need to turn up in league matches as well. Son should start this game as well. Not sure how you can play Llorente from the start as he has been poor since joining us. Maybe he can come on late in the match.

Our options are very limited in midfield with Wanyama still out injured, Dembele out of form and Lamela not registered for the CL. So, Sissoko and Winks should play in midfield. If he does start, want to see Sissoko step up and get an assist or a goal. Nkoudo has not played much since joining us. So he deserves to start in midfield as well. Nkoudou is still young but he really needs to step up his game.

Our defence have not been consistent since Alderweireld got injured. Lloris have not been at his best, so maybe he needs a rest. Vorm can play in goal. Still not fully convinced of Foyth but he can play in defence with Sanchez. Both Sanchez and Foyth are young but they need to avoid making any errors. With due respect to Apoel, will be disappointing if we don't keep the clean sheet in this match.

Regardless of who will play in this match, we badly need a good performance and a convincing win to lift our morale. Hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to continue our winning run in the CL.

I don't see the point of starting Dele, but OK ...

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/dele-to-start-v-apoel-champions-league-mauricio-051217/

“We are going to rotate the starting 11 but Dele is going to play. He missed three Champions League games because he was banned (for our first three group matches) and he’s fresh to play.”
“We’re going to play with a strong team. It’s important that everyone takes the game seriously and it’s a good opportunity to show your condition, your quality and knock on the door saying ‘I’m here, I’m ready’ if you want to be a regular in the first team. It’s a good opportunity and we want to finish in a good way.”

Mauricio also confirmed that development squad players Luke Amos and Kazaiah Sterling will be in the squad.

Im ok with Dele playing, he needs to find some form and I dont think he is tired - so its a good opportunity to get him firing.

Also, its likely he will basically be the main man on the night, so it could play into getting him on his game.

In that case, I'm guessing:
Vorm
Aurier...Foyth...Sanchez...Rose
Sissoko...Winks
Son...Dele...GKN
Llorente​
Unless Poch feels Dier & Vertonghen need a getting to know you for forthcoming matches?

I was thinking the same team myself, bar one of Dier or Vertonghen playing with Sanchez. On recent showing Id guess Vertonghen.

Everybody dance now!

Pochettino needs to pick up the right players for this match. We are rarely convincing whenever we make many changes to the team. It is really important that we win this match after being winless in our last 3 matches. Hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win over Apoel to get back our winning form and feel-good factor.

Let's not forget that Apoel earned draws with Dortmund both home and away, and are battling for a Europa spot which i'm sure they'll want.

I agree we should rest some players, but it's a tricky one for Poch as it'll be very damaging for morale should we lose at home even with a second string team, and yet no one will want to see him put a strong team out with league form being what it is.

I agree we should rest some players, but it's a tricky one for Poch as it'll be very damaging for morale should we lose at home even with a second string team

Would it?

I dont see it myself.

The fans know the game is a dead rubber, and will likely enjoy seeing some fringe players.

The players? Well if we rotate a lot what effect is it going to have on our starting 11 at the weekend? Only likely 1 - 3 will carry over...

I debated whether or not to go to this game tonight having bought my ticket at the same time as the Real and Dortmund tickets. Have decided to go as would like to see how our fringe players and youngsters get on, so will be disappointed not to see KWP, Foyth, Nkoudou and Llorente from the start and at least 2 under 21s coming on during the game. Don't really want to see the likes of Kane, Eriksen, Dier, Dembele and Verts even on the bench.

Would it?

I dont see it myself.

The fans know the game is a dead rubber, and will likely enjoy seeing some fringe players.

The players? Well if we rotate a lot what effect is it going to have on our starting 11 at the weekend? Only likely 1 - 3 will carry over...

What the fans know and what they accept are two very different things, many think Apoel are mugs and we will beat them easily, despite their results show they are not. I expect a lot of moaning following this game.

What the fans know and what they accept are two very different things, many think Apoel are mugs and we will beat them easily, despite their results show they are not. I expect a lot of moaning following this game.

We'll have to wait and see. I think post match mood depends on performance, so even if we lose but play well with kids - for example - I dont think its a big problem. Because this is literally a nothing game, why would it be?

Check @Abbeyspur post above, thats pretty much what Im expecting from most. Kind of "meh - might as well check out the fringe players". I doubt he (she?) is demanding a result or else they will go to the weekend game with terrible morale...

I just checked the BT sports listing to see if the youth game was on (its not) and noticed they are showing it on BT Showcase as well, so it should be free to view to those who arent BT Sport subscribers as well.

Back