• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wycombe Wanderers ***

I dunno. I consider myself to be quite positive about our team and players, but with Onomah I just don't see what it is that warrants him a place in the side. He has never failed to underwhelm me. I'd really like him to do well, iirc he's a Spurs boy like Winks. With Winks, you can see the potential, you can point to things he does in the game. With Onomah, I honestly can't see what he contributes.

*edit* I also think it's the right call to start him in games like today, but he has to play his part if he wants more game time. He has to show that he merits it ahead of other players, he didn't show that today imo and it's not the first time.

I'll trust Poch for a bit on this one. I've never seen it with the lad either but, like many on this board, I didn't rate Kane or Rose initially and both are top, top players. Sometimes we're guilty of impatience with good young players.

I'll trust Poch for a bit on this one. I've never seen it with the lad either but, like many on this board, I didn't rate Kane or Rose initially and both are top, top players. Sometimes we're guilty of impatience with good young players.

Yeah it's a good point. Poch does give him time, so I guess we should, because he must be showing something in training etc.

Ref has allowed too many fouls from Wycombe in the name of fair play or smaller team .. Spurs has a battle.

You were right - we were in a right old battle and somehow came out on top. Helped by a deflection, a pen and a last minute own goal ( Son's shot was going wide IMO ). But we won. Unbelievable, but - whisper it - maybe our name is on the cup. You heard it here first.

You were right - we were in a right old battle and somehow came out on top. Helped by a deflection, a pen and a last minute own goal ( Son's shot was going wide IMO ). But we won. Unbelievable, but - whisper it - maybe our name is on the cup. You heard it here first.

My first thought after the final whistle was 'Monday* training is going to be a blast'.

An initial blast from Poch on screwing up to let Wycombe score three. Then the blast of having a fun session or two as they take the tinkle out of one another.

There's no downside to this result. Hoping, as I say that, that Trippier isn't badly hurt.

*could be Sunday as we play midweek

Really? How often can you remember any team finishing games with 10 men because of an injury after the final substitution?

It happens but the frequency of it is so low that it shouldn't be tactical consideration. And it was 15 minutes not half an hour before we got unlucky wasn't it?
I don't remember many as typically the coach keeps a sub in reserve for the last 10 mins or so to mitigate against that risk. It is pretty rare a coach goes all in with so much of the match left.

The subs happened in the 61st minute, so there was a third of the match left not including injury time. I don't have the stats on when an injury is more likely to happen or not but I'll take a stab in the dark and say 33% of all injuries happen in the last 60mins of a match, and it's probably higher in reality with tired bodies and minds coming into play.

He took a gamble which could have lost us the tie but we got away with it.

Poch would have got slagged off big time if we had lost this tie..rightfully so as well..
I can,t understand lack of passion by some of our so called fans.

We have won sweet f all, in the last thirty years...
Unless you count a fudging league cup.

Anyway....come on you Spurs for the real fans...............

I appreciate you want to win "something", i'm not questioning that opinion although I don't agree with it (and i'm not spoiling for that argument again), but, why is the league cup disparaged, do they not have exactly the same reward, is a domestic cup not a domestic cup?

This game merely underlines our need for a playmaker in the absence of Eriksen.

i'd be wary of drawing conclusions on such a lacklustre display, against non league opposition we should be able to play one of our keepers as the number 10 and have them run the show

I don't think it was arrogant at all. It was a real cup tie. Wycombe played out of their skins, and had some luck, and we weren't great but the graft was still there. While I was tearing my hair out during the game, it was a fantastic cup game.
10 men 3-2 down in the 89th minute and we won it. Brilliant
Fair enough. I thought we didn't give them enough respect in the first half and paid for it. I'm sure Poch let them have it with both barrels during the break. I didn't think they did half enough in first half. I'm not saying it wasn't a good cup tie, it obviously was, but it was not the cakewalk some of the players were expecting.

Only saw the game with half an eye on the TV, but we looked pretty flimsy to me. We have a good starting 11, not so much a second xi. Winks was hurting out there, really felt for the lad.

Glad we pulled through and tinkled on their parade.

Only saw the game with half an eye on the TV, but we looked pretty flimsy to me. We have a good starting 11, not so much a second xi. Winks was hurting out there, really felt for the lad.

Glad we pulled through and tinkled on their parade.

nothing I enjoy more than an underdog having their dream shattered

I don't remember many as typically the coach keeps a sub in reserve for the last 10 mins or so to mitigate against that risk. It is pretty rare a coach goes all in with so much of the match left.

The subs happened in the 61st minute, so there was a third of the match left not including injury time. I don't have the stats on when an injury is more likely to happen or not but I'll take a stab in the dark and say 33% of all injuries happen in the last 60mins of a match, and it's probably higher in reality with tired bodies and minds coming into play.

He took a gamble which could have lost us the tie but we got away with it.

I know what you are saying but I think even if a 1/3rd+ of injuries happen after 60 minutes the actual injury rate is relatively low (probability vs frequency). So vs the need to change the game up significantly and have enough time to have an impact I think it was a must rather than a gamble. It got us back into the tie to some extent. If he hadn't done the full change that early we would possibly still have been in a losing position in the 88th minute anyway.

Dier was captain and the only word I can use to describe him is lackadaisical. The free kick that directly led to their third goal was truly abysmal, and Dier did not react how I'd want from such an error. He needs to up his game to be in the XI right now, simply not making the grade.

I know what you are saying but I think even if a 1/3rd+ of injuries happen after 60 minutes the actual injury rate is relatively low (probability vs frequency). So vs the need to change the game up significantly and have enough time to have an impact I think it was a must rather than a gamble. It got us back into the tie to some extent. If he hadn't done the full change that early we would possibly still have been in a losing position in the 88th minute anyway.
It is low I'm sure but it happens and that's why managers almost always keep a sub in reserve. Who knows how the match would have panned out with just the one sub coming on at 61min mark instead of two. We can't tell how the match would have gone one way or another but having 11 men on the pitch for the last 20 mins or so would have significantly helped. I know what you are saying on the risk and reward but I don't think Poch made the right call.

It is low I'm sure but it happens and that's why managers almost always keep a sub in reserve. Who knows how the match would have panned out with just the one sub coming on at 61min mark instead of two. We can't tell how the match would have gone one way or another but having 11 men on the pitch for the last 20 mins or so would have significantly helped. I know what you are saying on the risk and reward but I don't think Poch made the right call.
Well Poch got the two men ready as it was 2-0, then we scored right at that moment. It was the right call for me, get 2 first teamers on and really make a change, we needed it badly and looked good again for a short while

On paper yes, but today and the previous round shows that you need a bit of continuity and some first team players to make it gel. Throwing eleven 'strangers' together is never going to work.

Having lamela and Janssen in next time along with a back 3 and wingbacks should make a telling difference for both gent and lincoln

Hats off to Wycombe thought they played and fought well. Akinfenwa up front for them surprised me he does a job and won almost everything in the air against our defence. How he gets around the pitch I'll never know!

Don't get the disinterest in the cup on here when we clearly won't win the league, our chance was last season and it's gone for another generation. So 2nd and a cup win would be a great season.

Hats off to Wycombe thought they played and fought well. Akinfenwa up front for them surprised me he does a job and won almost everything in the air against our defence. How he gets around the pitch I'll never know!

Don't get the disinterest in the cup on here when we clearly won't win the league, our chance was last season and it's gone for another generation. So 2nd and a cup win would be a great season.

It's not gone for another generation.

Our best side is as good as anyone's and we'll only get better with age. We can also improve further by bringing some new players in.

To say it's gone for a generation is bordering on the absurd.

Back