• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wycombe Wanderers ***

The problem area was centre-back and Vorm, for some reason, looking unsure of himself today.

CCV and Wimmer are good enough to play against a league 2 team, but probably not together. Poch gave them the benefit of the doubt today and I would have done the same if I was him. Next time, we could play 3 at the back with Toby in the middle to guide them both.

So say we get an easy draw next round -- start with a similar team as today, but go 343 and put Toby in the side and take Onomah out.

No this team for Lincoln at home:

Vorm

Davies
Wimmer
CCV

KWP
Trippier

Winks
Sissoko
Lamela

Son

Janssen

I know we didn't play well, but that was a great cup tie, what the FA Cup is all about. You cannot make wholesale changes like that and expect a team performance. We did the job and now move on to the next round.

Wtf is people's problem with Onamah?

Scratch that, I think it's idiotic to write players off when they are making their way in the team, and particularly when the manager very obviously rates them. And particularly when their opportunities are going to be against packed, deep defences where opportunities will be limited. And yet, in an attacking sense, we still played well, and Onamah still contributed.

Same as getting on VJ's back after Villa. It's often more challenging to play from the start, when the opposition haven't tired yet.

Onomah was poor, simple. The game needed a bit more aggression from him. There were very few moments in the game when he remembered that he was playing competitive football and those were after his poor defensive clearance and before his substitution.

Onomah was poor, simple. The game needed a bit more aggression from him. There were very few moments in the game when he remembered that he was playing competitive football and those were after his poor defensive clearance and before his substitution.

He's always poor. Saunters around and doesn't contribute anything. Messi saunters around but when he gets the ball he's amazing. If you're not Messi, then you need to run, work, try to get into space, get the ball etc. I just don't get it with Onomah - its as if he thinks he's made it. As I said earlier in the match thread, He must be absolutely amazing in training because there is no way that Poch picks him regularly based on what he does in matches. He never does anything and he's had plenty of minutes now to have shown what he's about

Some people say that Onomah is a CM - however to be a CM in mens football you have to run, even if you're a creative CM. Modric works hard, WInks words hard. Onomah just wanders around. He needs a boot up his arse

That was an arrogant performance today by players who should have been using it as a platform to further their claims for a 1st team place. I don't think any player did that today with the exception of Winks maybe. Dier was awful, as was Onomah who to me looks like he is playing out of position and hasn't a clue what is expected of him. It wasn't a great day for Poch either IMO. Leaving no subs for the last 30mins is a poor decision that nearly cost us the tie.

Really? How often can you remember any team finishing games with 10 men because of an injury after the final substitution?

It happens but the frequency of it is so low that it shouldn't be tactical consideration. And it was 15 minutes not half an hour before we got unlucky wasn't it?

He's always poor. Saunters around and doesn't contribute anything. Messi saunters around but when he gets the ball he's amazing. If you're not Messi, then you need to run, work, try to get into space, get the ball etc. I just don't get it with Onomah - its as if he thinks he's made it. As I said earlier in the match thread, He must be absolutely amazing in training because there is no way that Poch picks him regularly based on what he does in matches. He never does anything and he's had plenty of minutes now to have shown what he's about

Some people say that Onomah is a CM - however to be a CM in mens football you have to run, even if you're a creative CM. Modric works hard, WInks words hard. Onomah just wanders around. He needs a boot up his arse

I don't know for certain because I don't know the guy, but from everything everyone connected with the club says about Onamah, I'd say you're completely wrong about his personality there.

I don't think we should give up on the squad players just yet.

Things would have been improved if we had them all fit and could field the following.

Vorm

Davies
Wimmer
CCV

KWP
Trippier

Winks
Sissoko
Lamela

Son

Janssen

We should go for this against gent and Lincoln at home.
On paper yes, but today and the previous round shows that you need a bit of continuity and some first team players to make it gel. Throwing eleven 'strangers' together is never going to work.

That was an arrogant performance today by players who should have been using it as a platform to further their claims for a 1st team place. I don't think any player did that today with the exception of Winks maybe. Dier was awful, as was Onomah who to me looks like he is playing out of position and hasn't a clue what is expected of him. It wasn't a great day for Poch either IMO. Leaving no subs for the last 30mins is a poor decision that nearly cost us the tie.
I don't think it was arrogant at all. It was a real cup tie. Wycombe played out of their skins, and had some luck, and we weren't great but the graft was still there. While I was tearing my hair out during the game, it was a fantastic cup game.
10 men 3-2 down in the 89th minute and we won it. Brilliant

I don't know for certain because I don't know the guy, but from everything everyone connected with the club says about Onamah, I'd say you're completely wrong about his personality there.

Why doesnt he show it on the pitch then? A bit of work, running...is that too much to ask? We've had young players with very limited footballing abilities (such as Jake Livermore) who work hard; Onomah simply doesnt

Poch would have got slagged off big time if we had lost this tie..rightfully so as well..
I can,t understand lack of passion by some of our so called fans.

We have won sweet f all, in the last thirty years...
Unless you count a fudging league cup.

Anyway....come on you Spurs for the real fans...............

Can I say I actually enjoyed today, proper cup tie and with the last goal the euphoric feeling of a proper match and cup tie. Better for me was today than had we run out 4-0

The press moan the FA cup is dead and all that but then people moan if the games are close.

For me we know more about the fringe players even if thats good or bad, we are through and we have a fresh as a daisy first team.

All in all not a bad weekend

What a fantastic cup tie! Exactly what the FA Cup was all about when I was growing up!

Felt incredibly sorry for Wycombe in the end even if we did benefit from it!

Now we're in the 5th round I hope we take this seriously as we can win this.

In my lifetime we have won 6 trophies and 3 of them I don't remember as I wasn't old enough! In comparison Ashley Cole won about 7 FA Cup medals! The form over the last few seasons, consistently finishing in the top 6 is great but we need to back that up with trophies...I want to see us win trophies!

Why doesnt he show it on the pitch then? A bit of work, running...is that too much to ask? We've had young players with very limited footballing abilities (such as Jake Livermore) who work hard; Onomah simply doesnt

I think he does, and if he didn't, he wouldn't be anywhere near a Pochettino side. I think it's that simple. A languid style or looking ineffective in a first half on your second start of the season...doesn't make a lazy or crap player. He's 19 and no player stood out in that first half really, except a couple. He was no worse than any of the others who didn't. But playing a first half in a random cup tie against a packed defence in one of your only starts of the season, vs the opportunity to come on when the opposition is tiring. It's a big difference. Patience and trust wouldn't go a miss. Onamah is just a weirdly misunderstood spacegoat from a certain section of the fan base.

The last few posts have restored my faith in our fans, too many fans are use to the TV only showing prem teams playing each other in the cup, and don't remember what a proper cup tie use to be like. There have been some great results in this years cup with Lincoln being the standout team. I don't know about "the real fans" but this is great for football.

I think he does, and if he didn't, he wouldn't be anywhere near a Pochettino side. I think it's that simple. A languid style or looking ineffective in a first half on your second start of the season...doesn't make a lazy or crap player. He's 19 and no player stood out in that first half really, except a couple. He was no worse than any of the others who didn't. But playing a first half in a random cup tie against a packed defence in one of your only starts of the season, vs the opportunity to come on when the opposition is tiring. It's a big difference. Patience and trust wouldn't go a miss. Onamah is just a weirdly misunderstood escaped goat from a certain section of the fan base.

I dunno. I consider myself to be quite positive about our team and players, but with Onomah I just don't see what it is that warrants him a place in the side. He has never failed to underwhelm me. I'd really like him to do well, iirc he's a Spurs boy like Winks. With Winks, you can see the potential, you can point to things he does in the game. With Onomah, I honestly can't see what he contributes.

*edit* I also think it's the right call to start him in games like today, but he has to play his part if he wants more game time. He has to show that he merits it ahead of other players, he didn't show that today imo and it's not the first time.

Back