• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers ***

It is. Ange’s system early on invited the press and we got real joy playing through teams. You could see us knocking it around the back until we got pressed.

Wolves today didn’t press us much, if at all, off our goal kicks. They’ve figured out that you just have to stay compact against us and we’ll cough up a chance or two at least as we throw bodies forward.

Thing is it shouldn't be a surprise how Wolves played, fairly obvious they would set up like that. Sounds like we were poor today, been like that for a while now. We've more or less got everyone back now and 1 game a week, no excuses for the rest of the season.

They have beaten us 4/5 games now, 100% they have our number no matter who their/our manager is
They played really good football at home vs us.. although they should have been down to ten men
Today sounds more like they were functional and smart and knew we would make mistakes and they can counter us

They played really good football at home vs us.. although they should have been down to ten men
Today sounds more like they were functional and smart and knew we would make mistakes and they can counter us
They were very very impressive today I thought. Deserved the 3 points and really had the better of the chances. Aside from a Davies sitter and a Deki shot from the edge of the box, we created nothing. They had a game plan and executed it brilliantly.

Like most, I massively underestimated Gary O'Neil.

we have regressed back to the days of Conte & Jose it’s fudging boring

Sad but true. We carried no attacking threat at all in the first half, and not for the first time Kulu drove me mad with his backwards passing. Let's be blunt: Kulu is no Bale. Madders is no Erikson. Richy is no Kane. If we want to be an elite team, we need truly elite attacking players, and perhaps to have replacement full backs who are every bit as excellent as those in the first 11. But the first half is down to Ange - no pace on show at all. I have no idea how he thinks we will score when we are so ponderous.

They were very very impressive today I thought. Deserved the 3 points and really had the better of the chances. Aside from a Davies sitter and a Deki shot from the edge of the box, we created nothing. They had a game plan and executed it brilliantly.

Like most, I massively underestimated Gary O'Neil.
I didn’t see the game
The commentary made it sound like a defensive block and counter
That can be impressive but isn’t “good football”
At their ground they played good, technical football
It’s a mixture
O’Neill is quality. Looked great last year and has progressed now

Sad but true. We carried no attacking threat at all in the first half, and not for the first time Kulu drove me mad with his backwards passing. Let's be blunt: Kulu is no Bale. Madders is no Erikson. Richy is no Kane. If we want to be an elite team, we need truly elite attacking players, and perhaps to have replacement full backs who are every bit as excellent as those in the first 11. But the first half is down to Ange - no pace on show at all. I have no idea how he thinks we will score when we are so ponderous.
I doubt he is asking the players to play slow
I think it’s a knock on of having so many players back who may or may not be match fit AND on the same wave length as their team mates

We have a shed load of very rusty players still
I hope a 2 week break before our next game will mean some more fitness/sharpness work in training
Maybe even a behind closed doors friendly for the players just back too
Nice to read a sensible assessment of things. Add the lack of Porro and Udogie and a well-drilled Wolves team and we get this result. We are not yet seven months into The Ange Era™️ and need to be patient. Hopefully after the summer we can deal with rotation in a stronger manner.

I said something similar a few weeks ago, that our forwards weren’t elite and that the top teams have better forwards than us and I stand by it. I get Johnson is young and it’s his first season with us but he’s the same age as Saka, he’s actually a few months younger. Werner is quick but he’s not going to get many goals. I hope it’s the first area we address in the summer along with another creative player.

Nice to read a sensible assessment of things. Add the lack of Porro and Udogie and a well-drilled Wolves team and we get this result. We are not yet seven months into The Ange Era™️ and need to be patient. Hopefully after the summer we can deal with rotation in a stronger manner.

I am not trying to take away from poor performance because today was poor but at the same time we cried out for a project manager, we therefore have to take the project. We will or should know alot more about what we and Ange have about us after these two weeks. There was an argument no here about putting teams to the sword, I think to bring it all back together (especially given the reactive nature of fans) it would help Ange out massively for us to put them to the sword.

I am not trying to take away from poor performance because today was poor but at the same time we cried out for a project manager, we therefore have to take the project. We will or should know alot more about what we and Ange have about us after these two weeks. There was an argument no here about putting teams to the sword, I think to bring it all back together (especially given the reactive nature of fans) it would help Ange out massively for us to put them to the sword.

We were never going to hammer Wolves. We’ve struggled against them for a number of years and we’ve often scraped wins even when we have got over the line against them. Like West Brom, I’d love them to go down because they’re just one of those teams that plays well against the top 6 but brick the bed against everyone else, they lost at home to Brentford last week.

We were never going to hammer Wolves. We’ve struggled against them for a number of years and we’ve often scraped wins even when we have got over the line against them. Like West Brom, I’d love them to go down because they’re just one of those teams that plays well against the top 6 but brick the bed against everyone else, they lost at home to Brentford last week.

Yeh I meant to but the next mob after two weeks to sword, who is it Palace?

One big thing working against us IMO is we have become lazy from what we were like early season. Critical for me its at corners and in defending, too many walkers and not putting in shifts, lots of finger pointing and not picking up men.....its not good

Hence my comment
Did we lose because they played ?
No. I honestly think this result and performance would have happened even with them present and you know I'm a big fan. Today was a failing in performance by Maddison and Richarlison in the forward areas. Neither could keep the ball or pass it accurately to a team mate. Son was non existent on the left, we could could have honestly played with 10 men and you wouldn't have noticed the difference. If we are gonna play him there we shouldn't play him at all.

I know he has scored goals but Richy bless him is a simply terrible footballer
I feel we need to go back to Sonny through the middle with Kulu on one side and Werner on the other
The best football we've played was when Son played through the middled and combined well with Maddison. Richy has scored some goals but they've primarily been tapins and if we aren't able to create cast iron golden one touch finishes for him he's a big lost.

The best football we've played was when Son played through the middled and combined well with Maddison. Richy has scored some goals but they've primarily been tapins and if we aren't able to create cast iron golden one touch finishes for him he's a big lost.
He works hard but his touch & hold up play is absolutely awful

No. I honestly think this result and performance would have happened even with them present and you know I'm a big fan. Today was a failing in performance by Maddison and Richarlison in the forward areas. Neither could keep the ball or pass it accurately to a team mate. Son was non existent on the left, we could could have honestly played with 10 men and you wouldn't have noticed the difference. If we are gonna play him there we shouldn't play him at all.
That’s kinda how I read the commentary
I’m in Egypt so didn’t watch it
Seen the goals and this it
But the commentary made it sound like spurs put the pressure on and wolves shoot… rinse and repeat
There were no names being mentioned of our front 3 until Kulu scored

Strange comment re Maddison > Eriksen, the only time we haven't struggled so much against low block teams in the last 20 years was when Bale was winning games single handedly, we had the exact same problem we had today when Eriksen was here.
I see nothing to suggest that Maddison can't be just as effective if not more so than Eriksen.

Back