• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers ***

Wolves are a decent team with a very good coach in my opinion, but it feels like we're ready to burst and really punish a team at some point. I hope this is the game. Going for a big 5-1 win.
Happy to be proved wrong, but this constant 'We are on the verge of giving someone a real spanking' talk that gets trotted out is real pie in the sky stuff at the best of times, let alone against a very good Wolves side. Sure at the beginning of the season we looked unplayable at times, and you can argue things digressed when half the team got injured and we are now almost at full strength again. But this was also when we was very much an unknown quantity in terms of how we would setup with a new manager and no Kane.

Teams are much more well prepared and setup to how we play, and whilst we maintain periods of good football we are not absolutely dominating the opposition - even the bottom half teams. And specific to Wolves they are a good team who are well coached (like you say) and will not be easy - any sort of win will be well fought, I don't know where you think 5-1 is coming from but each to their own I guess....

Happy to be proved wrong, but this constant 'We are on the verge of giving someone a real spanking' talk that gets trotted out is real pie in the sky stuff at the best of times, let alone against a very good Wolves side. Sure at the beginning of the season we looked unplayable at times, and you can argue things digressed when half the team got injured and we are now almost at full strength again. But this was also when we was very much an unknown quantity in terms of how we would setup with a new manager and no Kane.

Teams are much more well prepared and setup to how we play, and whilst we maintain periods of good football we are not absolutely dominating the opposition - even the bottom half teams. And specific to Wolves they are a good team who are well coached (like you say) and will not be easy - any sort of win will be well fought, I don't know where you think 5-1 is coming from but each to their own I guess....
I really rate Gary as a manager
He is the kind of guy who adapts a lot and is flexible
Missing Destiny and Pedro is a blow but both look knackered now
It’s an area we need the depth to be recruited in this summer

Royal and Davies were among our best performers when they stood in a few weeks (months?) back. I'm not worried about them.

Still more concerned with our forward players. Particularly their ruthlessness in front of goal and their ability to create cohesive, flowing attacks.

Hope we see more progress on that.

Royal and Davies were among our best performers when they stood in a few weeks (months?) back. I'm not worried about them.

Still more concerned with our forward players. Particularly their ruthlessness in front of goal and their ability to create cohesive, flowing attacks.

Yet we’re one of the highest scorers

Yet we’re one of the highest scorers
Being high on the goals scored chart doesn't automatically mean our attacking play is cohesive or ruthless though. Lots of goals from corners...

Imagine how many more we could have, or do you think we're okay in that department?

Being high on the goals scored chart doesn't automatically mean our attacking play is cohesive or ruthless though. Lots of goals from corners...

Imagine how many more we could have, or do you think we're okay in that department?
We don’t have many set piece goals
That’s arsenal and Liverpool I believe

And we’re averaging over 2 goals a goal and will end up with 80 plus
That’s elite
The key so we’re bot keeping clean sheets

But not in the positions we will be playing them in tomorrow.

I'm sure they will be ok, but they lack pace and strength over Udogie and Porro.

Need the midfield to keep control of the game, get the ball moving forward quickly and see what the front 3 can do.

Let's be positive lads and ladies, we're at home and we've got mostly a fully fit first 11.
Wolves are a good side but if we're really going to push for the title (which I believe we should be given our position) then the inclusion of Davies and Royal should be sufficient to get a win.
That, plus Palace up next and no Chelsea game to jinx us again should mean 6 points in the bag and keep us in contention until the Villa game.
Don't get the 'give the opposition a spanking, it's due' comments'. Focus is on getting the results week in week out, in every game and see where we end up. :)

Even that were true, (which it's not) for a team to force a lot of corners indicates a degree of cohesion in its attack.
Presently we've been teased by sporadic flashes of the play this team is capable of. Echoes of glory, if you will. It's exciting to imagine what more can come

Even that were true, (which it's not) for a team to force a lot of corners indicates a degree of cohesion in its attack.
Presently we've been teased by sporadic flashes of the play this team is capable of. Echoes of glory, if you will. It's exciting to imagine what more can come
Huh, my bad.. Feels like we've scored a bunch from corners this season. Anyway, I said the exact same thing as you in the end, imagine how good it'll be when our attack is fluid and cohesive on a consistent basis.

View attachment 16789
If that team can't get a result at home against Wolves, then we're not the team we think we are.
Of course that team can get a result, it can get a result against anyone. However it is (currently) capable of getting a result of a negative kind as well.
That's not a criticism, just a result of how we play. We aim to dominate and we only do that in short spells at the moment. But we rarely control games, and I'm not even sure we aim to, the plan is to dominate for longer periods.

We are involved in a lot of basketball games at the moment and the turnover of ball from one team to the other is ridiculous at times.

I actually feel with Royal and Davies instead of Porro and Udogie we might well be better defensively. But with with what we gain in defence we will lose in our attacking play.
I have a funny feeling we could well keep a rare clean sheet tomorrow in a tense 1-0 win

Reactions: jrh
Back