• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham***

Article from Jenas. Nice take on the hatred they have towards us (and his thoughts on Lasagnegate).

Playing Tottenham seems to rile up West Ham like nothing else - something that when I first went to Spurs I didn't really understand.

I still don't in some ways. Tottenham's number one derby will always be Arsenal. If any derby intensified in the years that I was at Spurs, it was the one against Chelsea. But the players never viewed West Ham as one of the big derbies, and that's probably one of the things that infuriates West Ham fans.

I even remember having conversations trying to work out what the West Ham thing was all about. Granted, they were close geographically, but so were Charlton, for example. I didn't get the hatred they were trying to create, which I didn't feel ever materialised from Tottenham's end. The biggest derbies remained Arsenal, followed by Chelsea, and I don't think it's any different now.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/je...ottenham-derby-is-even-greater-121921202.html
Interesting article for me mainly due to the emphasis he put on just how sick so many of our players were. I was under the impression it was a few cramps and a bit of the runs.

Ridiculous that game was allowed to proceed when it seems some of our guys should have been under medical supervision in bed.

A banged head these days and you are off the pitch for safety reasons, i can't see how playing with food poisoning is in anyway much safer.

I hate tempting fate but we really should win this. The great home run isn't really that impressive is it? Looks to me like a lot of draws and meeting the big teams when they have struggled.
As for Man U and Liverpool upswings, Liverpool have won one league game this year and Man U have only beaten one team of any note recently.
There shouldn't be anything to worry about, but we know there's plenty to worry about.

I hate tempting fate but we really should win this. The great home run isn't really that impressive is it? Looks to me like a lot of draws and meeting the big teams when they have struggled.
As for Man U and Liverpool upswings, Liverpool have won one league game this year and Man U have only beaten one team of any note recently.
There shouldn't be anything to worry about, but we know there's plenty to worry about.
Incredible stat. What a season this is.

I consider this game as one of the most difficult games left or even the hardest one.
Not only because of opposition's quality, their set up against us and fans, but also because of additional title pressure which hit us during the week and especially after Leicester were held by West Brom.
Surely this game has 3 possible outcomes in it, but I'll predict a goal-scoring draw. Hopefully I'm wrong and we'll be able to repeat the thing which hasn't happened from 1967 - 7 wins in a row...

Last edited:
Growing up in the late seventies/early eighties, West Ham were like a second team, as they played football the right way. As said above, I definitely don't remember (maybe naively) any animosity between us. Also as above, every fan you meet these days, you can have a friendly conversation, but there is always a simmering hatred of Spurs in the background. I can only assume that it's because we've nicked a lot of their players since then, but who knows? Any West Ham fans lurking who would care to explain?

I find it interesting they had decided to protect the Bobby Moore statue as they believe we will damage it... the same Bobby Moore widely recognised by ALL fans as a true gent and great player. The same man who they wouldn't let leave to join us!!!! The sam Bobby Moore who ran over my brother going down Bill Nich way years ago in a Claret Daimler and got out to pick my brother up an drive him a hug whilst everyone waited

Strange folk!!!! Its why they made a film about them, Snatch!

Glad JJ thinks there was something dodgy about lasagne gate as well, not just the fans. Like he says, too much of a coincidence and to see the head of the premier league at arsenal, next to David dein making the decision that our match should go ahead! Stinks.

I don't get the so called "rivalry" between the clubs. West Ham will always be our 3rd most important derby at best. It might be their biggest derby, but it isn't ours. I guess it means more for the Spurs fans who actually live in North/East London. What I don't understand is why they don't have the same hatred for Arsenal, if anything, Finsbury Park is geographically closer to West Ham.

Anyway, on to the actual game. I would give Alli a rest if he is not 100%, the season doesn't come down to just this game and we are going to need him for every other game. I'd play Mason alongside Dier and play Eriksen, Lamela and Son and then bring Chadli on if we need a goal.
  1. Goons
  2. Chel53a
  3. Liverpool
  4. Utd
  5. City
  6. Any other team near us in the league
  7. Other London(ish) teams - Watford, Millwall, West Ham, Palace, Charlton, etc.

Flipping a balls of nerves today! Every game until the last game of the season is going to be the same. It's a new position to be in but as a whole our fans are keeping the expectations down

I look to see if we have won, then I look to check that the goons have lost... I can't remember ever checking what West Ham have done... they are just not on my radar. In fact, I look at Crewe and Watford before them as I have family who follow them!

Glad JJ thinks there was something dodgy about lasagne gate as well, not just the fans. Like he says, too much of a coincidence and to see the head of the premier league at arsenal, next to David dein making the decision that our match should go ahead! Stinks.

I've said all along that there was something very fishy going on with all that, and then the game the gooners won( cant remember which one) where the opposition keeper threw the ball in his own net a few times, to give the filth a vital win.

Read other teams forums out of interest sometimes and it's amusing how many other teams seem to dislike us, alot of 'anyone but Spurs' with regards to this years Premier League title...

Anyway reading West Hams today where of course we would expect to see alot of negative comments about us anyway, some of these made me chuckle though ...

''Spurs to me are nothing special at all...just a hard working team who have had an awful lot of luck in decisions and injuries. We win the midfield and we are happy campers.''

On our next two fixtures ..

''Can't see them winning either to be honest. Two draws opens that door just enough for Emirates Marketing Project.''

''Over 50 years since Spurs were top of the league.....even we can beat that !''

and this one in particular

'' Looking forward to this game....every year, this is billed as their "Cup Final" as we know that they are so far away from their rivals the Goons, that they have no one else to hate....

We have played them more than any other team in the Premier League and with near to 200 games between us, they have only won 9 more games, where against the Goons, they are 23 defeats more and counting, which must really hurt them!

For me, it isnt the end of the world if we lose as we have a bigger game in the FA Cup....for them, once again, its their Cup Final today.....''

The irony of them calling this OUR Cup Final.

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=162672&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Big game. In which we will win. We are rather good away, and the support is amaaaziiing !

Bring the noise !

They really do hate us don't they?

I feel the same as @LemonadeMoney - West Ham fans are jobless, knuckle-dragging inbreds but I've always seen the team as a little brother to Spurs (maybe one that got held back a couple of years or rides the short bus to school).

Having said that I do rate tonight's game as more tricky than Saturdays. I can't see Arsenal beating us at our place at the moment, but tonight not fully confident.

Having said that I do rate tonight's game as more tricky than Saturdays. I can't see Arsenal beating us at our place at the moment, but tonight not fully confident.
Arsenal have the ability but not the mentality to make it difficult.

This match is like those early round cup matches against lower league teams - we should win, but beating us is so important to them that it levels the playing field.

Back