• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham***

It's so boring! Were we tired or nervous when we lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine or did we just balls it up? Or did we just lose a game of football...which happens, especially in one of the most competitive leagues.

I also don't like how Arsenal are just being absolutely hammered at the moment. Time and time again the press turns on them and time and time again they fire back. I'm liking that they aren't performing well right now but I wouldn't put it past them to do something against us.

Exactly. I guess it doesn't really matter though as long as the players aren't affected by it.
And agreed regarding Scum as well, they will obviously bounce back. But I see it as beneficial for us that Pierce Morgan and the likes are piling a brickstorm on their team and their manager at the moment, which can't be good for them.
At least we're all united behind our manager and the team, and it would take on hell of a collapse for that to change. Knock on wood.

Exactly. I guess it doesn't really matter though as long as the players aren't affected by it.
And agreed regarding Scum as well, they will obviously bounce back. But I see it as beneficial for us that Pierce Morgan and the likes are piling a brickstorm on their team and their manager at the moment, which can't be good for them.
At least we're all united behind our manager and the team, and it would take on hell of a collapse for that to change. Knock on wood.

I agree in terms of the media, but with the scum its the fans, look at that game last night, boos at substitutions, boos at half time, fans unhappy with the managers decisions, you dont win things and certainly not titles with a club that isnt all pulling in the right direction.

To lose at west ham away 1-0 is no big disaster, they are unbeaten at home since August as we are away and was always going to be tight.
Over the piece I believe on another day, we could have had a point with a bit of luck. We move on COYS.

Even Bayern lost last night............

Disappointing performance and feels like an opportunity missed.
However going in to the midweek games I believed a draw against West Ham would have been a decent result whilst expecting Leicester and Arsenal to win. So Leicester have only gained a point on us instead of 2 and the 3 point gap between us and Arsenal remains the same.

Over it already. COYS

Why wouldn't West Ham not wont to beat Arsenal, there's only 5 points between them just now.
Other than our result this weeks results have been good for us IMO. Everyone now has something tangible to play for and points will be dropped by all teams. We just need to drop the least.
Although a win would have been good last night it would also have ramped the pressure right up, especially just before the NLD.
Go top after beating Liverpool or Man U in April would suit me.

Why wouldn't West Ham not wont to beat Arsenal, there's only 5 points between them just now.
Other than our result this weeks results have been good for us IMO. Everyone now has something tangible to play for and points will be dropped by all teams. We just need to drop the least.
Although a win would have been good last night it would also have ramped the pressure right up, especially just before the NLD.
Go top after beating Liverpool or Man U in April would suit me.

we'll go top if we win on Saturday...

albeit briefly :)

Put it this way, without him, where do you think they would be in the league? They are a point of 4th place whereas we have shown this season that we don't rely on any one individual as much as we used to.
That just means the rest of their team is a bit brick. Put any one of our first 11 in that team and you'd massively improve it.

Fair win by the Spammers yesterday. They showed the requisite intensity and managed to frustrate our game plan. I'm not as disappointed with this result as I was by the loss to Leicester, for example, where we were clearly superior. Every now and then a team will get it spot on against us and we will see results like yesterday's. It's football and that happens. We can't always be perfect and dominate. No team can. The important thing now is how we bounce back on Saturday and for the rest of the campaign.

On a separate note, I don't know if it was that Spam didn't allow us to play our game, or if it's something else, but Kane does look off a bit. Given his goals from open play this season haven't really been deciders (I think we have only gotten 4 points from his goals), I wouldn't be averse to resting him more in some of the next few games and playing with a false 9. Or playing him more in a #10 role.

He was injured for about 6 weeks wasn't he? He's scored 7 league goals which is more than any Midfielder in our team besides Alli.

I mean overall

Not saying he is a bad player but I think is easier to shine in a team of poorer technical players

I think Kouyate is a better player all be it in a different position

Just scrolling back, but cannot detect any input from you back in November? Were you on holiday?
I thought "Joined: 14 Jan 2016" might've been a bit of a giveaway. ;)
Put it this way, without him, where do you think they would be in the league? They are a point of 4th place whereas we have shown this season that we don't rely on any one individual as much as we used to.
Take Mahrez out of Leicester's team and they probably wouldn't be top. Take Alli out of your team and you probably wouldn't be second. Take Suarez out of Liverpool's team 2013/14 and they probably wouldn't have been challenging for the title. It's obvious that there's a correlation between Payet's immense brilliance this season and our league position, but to read some comments completely writing off the rest of our squad just reeks of sour grapes.

Last edited:
I think a panic induced tactics shift would be a mistake, it was just one of those days, we can't conclude anything from that.

Bingo, to be honest I am not surprised about our loss last night. We are a young side and still learning and these type of results will happen along the way. It was ( imo) our worst performance of the season and W.Ham were up for it and we did not compete with them.

We can moan about the pitch, the ref, and the pub was full of those doing just that after the game but in all honesty we had a bad/off day and we should move on.

Bingo, to be honest I am not surprised about our loss last night. We are a young side and still learning and these type of results will happen along the way. It was ( imo) our worst performance of the season and W.Ham were up for it and we did not compete with them.

We can moan about the pitch, the ref, and the pub was full of those doing just that after the game but in all honesty we had a bad/off day and we should move on.
They were better than us for the first 45 minutes. We were better than them for the next 45 minutes. In their 45 minutes of dominance they managed to convert from one of their set pieces. In our 45 minutes of dominance we didn't do so. Neither team really had any other decent chances. That pretty much sums up the game yesterday.

So despite the fact that we weren't at the races and West Ham gave what their own fans are claiming as a very good performance, their victory was still achieved by a very small margin.

I thought "Joined: 14 Jan 2016" might've been a bit of a giveaway. ;)

Take Mahrez out of Leicester's team and they probably wouldn't be top. Take Alli out of your team and you probably wouldn't be second. Take Suarez out of Liverpool's team 2013/14 and they probably wouldn't have been challenging for the title. It's obvious that there's a correlation between Payet's immense brilliance this season and our league position, but to read some comments completely writing off the rest of our squad just reeks of sour grapes.

Take Alli out of our side and we have plenty of options still.

To lose at west ham away 1-0 is no big disaster, they are unbeaten at home since August as we are away and was always going to be tight.
Over the piece I believe on another day, we could have had a point with a bit of luck. We move on COYS.

Even Bayern lost last night............

If there was a game to lose in the run in this was the one. Whatever the so-called 'rivalry' between us, Wet Spam are a good side with one amazing player and several really good ones. They are well-drilled and have a head coach they clearly all believe in. I'd rather lose to them than have lost to Swansea, for example.

COYS!!!

They were better than us for the first 45 minutes. We were better than them for the next 45 minutes. In their 45 minutes of dominance they managed to convert from one of their set pieces. In our 45 minutes of dominance we didn't do so. Neither team really had any other decent chances. That pretty much sums up the game yesterday.

So despite the fact that we weren't at the races and West Ham gave what their own fans are claiming as a very good performance, their victory was still achieved by a very small margin.

Not sure that is how I saw it to be honest, there was not much in it I agree but they deserved to win.

Take Alli out of our side and we have plenty of options still.
Alli's been your star man. It's not inconceivable to say that without his form this season you may not be in the position you are currently in. Of course Payet is the X Factor in the side, but there have been a number of other top top performers for us thus far. Noble, Antonio, Kouyate to name but a few.

Alli's been your star man. It's not inconceivable to say that without his form this season you may not be in the position you are currently in. Of course Payet is the X Factor in the side, but there have been a number of other top top performers for us thus far. Noble, Antonio, Kouyate to name but a few.

Dembele and Toby have been better

Dier has arguably been as good

Don't us estimate eriksen too

We have a great squad and there are plenty of X factor players
Hence why we are to scorers with the most scorers

And the best defence

Back