• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United ****

What is our game plan and what do we practice during the week? If we get to byline and cut it back, then why aren't the players there more?

Why have we slowed down our play so much??

This was a better performance than other games, but I still kind of feel frustrated??
Can’t play quick if you don’t pass quick
Can’t pass quick if you don’t keep the ball in the important part of the pitch

What is our game plan and what do we practice during the week? If we get to byline and cut it back, then why aren't the players there more?

Why have we slowed down our play so much??

This was a better performance than other games, but I still kind of feel frustrated??

West Ham are brick, yet their keeper only had one save to make, and he'd have kept it out even if he had his eyes closed as it was straight at him

True, but all it takes is one counter. We had those counteratacks, just couldnt get it to him in a decent position.
We did counter
He just didn’t control anything that was passed to him
He let some run past him and he even passed some backwards
This isn’t new
He is a world class finisher but not a world class striker
Against teams like west ham you need a presence to occupy their centre backs

We did counter
This isn’t new

this system needs that presence all the time, irrespective of opposition

We did counter
This isn’t new
Son should have played on the wing and Richy keeping the CBs busy.

True, but all it takes is one counter. We had those counteratacks, just couldnt get it to him in a decent position.
We had a couple of good counters, and both Son and Kulu fudged them up.

Son also is passing up chances to shoot. He had several opportunities to shoot from around the edge of the box and instead of taking it took a few touches and passed it wide. He looks totally out of form and confidence at the moment.

Prob not a bad point.
5th at present, reminded myself of recent past, 6th, 7th, 4th, 8th.
Next season could be tough, back in europe with increased number of euro fixtures.
Squad needs careful review in the summer, Spurs apparently in no huge rush, taking their time about Werner, etc.

Son also is passing up chances to shoot. He had several opportunities to shoot from around the edge of the box and instead of taking it took a few touches and passed it wide. He looks totally out of form and confidence at the moment.
He scored the winner 2 days ago, how can you say out of form?

remember when that was all Conte's fault :D

Only saw the second half. Build up was smart, particularly Romero through the lines, but end product wasn't there. I'd spend most of our budget on top quality for one of the forward positions in the summer. Maddison looked a bit better, Biss does seem to be improving though he still has very slack moments. What I've loved all season is you can see what Ange is trying to do, there's real identity and next season should be a scorcher.

Personally I would have taken son off for Richie, werner and Johnson pace could have really bothered them as they tired.
Disappointed, but relieved as well.
Kudus should be a target for us.

I really don't get some of our play. Seems like the idea is to get it to Johnson out wide, but we make that look soooo difficult.
So many times a defender or midfielder will check back and lay it off and jog 5 yards whilst Johnson is just standing there waiting, wide open with his mate Porro also available. Why the hell don't we just give them the ball?
And it happend so often

Scoring one goal doesn't mean you are in form. His touch is terrible, passing terrible, and he's turning down shots he would normally take i.e. out of form.
I think that
His team play has dropped and his passing and hold up play is really bad
Unless he has space to attack he offers very little unless it’s him spanking in a shot
As I said earlier his finishing is world class but the rest of his game isn’t

Scoring one goal doesn't mean you are in form. His touch is terrible, passing terrible, and he's turning down shots he would normally take i.e. out of form.
Scored 3 times în the last 5 matches, again that is not out of form. Maybe he is not at PEAK form, but out of form strikers don't score 3 goals în 5 matches.

Back