• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United ****

Really lacking someone that will attack the 6 yard box besides Johnson. Son and Werner won't and it is costing us in so many games.
We work to get the ball out wide for crosses into the box, and even though we spend 5 minutes passing it around to get it out there, when the cross comes, we have 5 or 6 players 16 yards out, and maybe ONE somewhere in the box! Baffling!

We work to get the ball out wide for crosses into the box, and even though we spend 5 minutes passing it around to get it out there, when the cross comes, we have 5 or 6 players 16 yards out, and maybe ONE somewhere in the box! Baffling!
Same with that in swinging corner from Porro in the second half, where we had 3,5 players in the box trying to outmuscle the 900.000 West Ham defenders.

Same with that in swinging corner from Porro in the second half, where we had 3,5 players in the box trying to outmuscle the 900.000 West Ham defenders.
Zouma was unchallenged once again and just lumped it away, the most galling part is it was a good delivery.. Just no one in white contesting, bizarre.

Who was the guy we hired for set pieces under Conte? We should get him back, because he knew his stuff! Was never worried defensively then, and we looked like scoring every time we had a set piece.
Vio, think he's working for the USA national team now

I really don't get some of our play. Seems like the idea is to get it to Johnson out wide, but we make that look soooo difficult.
So many times a defender or midfielder will check back and lay it off and jog 5 yards whilst Johnson is just standing there waiting, wide open with his mate Porro also available. Why the hell don't we just give them the ball?

Zouma was unchallenged once again and just lumped it away, the most galling part is it was a good delivery.. Just no one in white contesting, bizarre.
Yeah, you could tell from the players in the box that we weren't gonna get anything from that corner. Strange to not even try to attack the ball.

What I initially liked about Angeball was the intention, directness and movement. Angeball 2.0 seems based on high risk - low reward play. Lots of tiki-taka-ish passing not looking to create opportunities and open up space, but more to create opportunities for opportunities. A bit like Liverpool in the 90's. Can look good if you like passing in small areas, but not very effective. When we have the ball, the players don't look like they know what to do with it. And I absolutely loathe unmarked headed passes, why not just hand the ball over to the opposition or kick it out in the stands.

90% of the pig-in-the-middle resulted in a pass out to Porro, who did not have a good game, although there was a serious lack of movement in the box so he resorted to just pinging it in and hoping for the best. Not very good tactics that. Overall the game wasn't too shabby, especially the 1st half, but a good team would have made mincemeat out of us tonight. Micky clear MoM for me, with Vicario 2nd and Udogie 3rd. It seems like a long time since an attacker was our best player, think that says something. We are not very creative, despite the at times "sexy" play. Regarding creative, I thought Bissouma was a creator and ball carrier, now I don't know what he is supposed to do and is less mini Dembele and more like a Bissoko. Personally I'd rather start Højbjerg or Lo Celso until he comes alive. Son weak game. Werner good at going to the line, but has a Super Pav-esque ability to be in the wrong place at the right time, but to be fair to him he was underused tonight, almost everything went to Porro.

Not a bad result overall, but we didn't look like winning despite having 130% ball possession.

Back