• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion ***

You have no evidence that Poch will be successful. So one shouldn't blindly support him.
However, I am directing my ire at Levy, it was he IMO, who didn't want Benitez or De Boer, yet they have better records and more evidence to support their credentials for appointment.

I don't see why Poch should be given a free ride for decisions which lack logic e.g making Kab Captain, playing Kab, playing Chiriches, when he was abysmal against WBA last season, persisting with 4-2-3-1, inverted wingers and playing from the back, which invites pressure, which Liverpool and now WBA exploited.

I want Poch to succeed but I would like to see evidence that he is learning, sorry, I don't see it, yet.

I think that's all perfectly logical. Inverted wide forwards would give us three men attacking the box instead of just the lone forward or the two up top, while also getting the wing-backs bombing down the outside to provide width. Persisting with 4-2-3-1 will give us a familiarity with the system Poch is most familiar with, which will in turn help him understand when things are going wrong more easily than he could perhaps do should we just switch to Sherwood-style tactics-less 4-4-2 up to the big man malarkey. Playing from the back...well, I'm surprised you think that's illogical given what this club supposedly stands for.

There will be a long period where we'll struggle to adapt to his system. Does that mean that the process is worthless? No f*cking way. There's more fluidity and movement on display in Poch's system than there ever was under AVB. That alone reassures me that things will get better down the line.

we simply cannot succeed in the modern game without a midfielder who can pass the ball quickly and intelligently. if anything its more difficult against lower tier teams who play 8 compact players defending. the odd time we drew them out of position and had a spare man in the final 3rd, our final pass was poor quality.
if we stick with dembele, capoue and paulinho then we will have this every week - laboured passes to feet with no penetration.

we are desperate for schnederlin and jay rodriguez. if these two were playing today we would a) penetrate more and b) get in behind alot more.

whoever is responsible for our current crop of players has a lot to answer for.

I won't judge him.

I will. Just as I have all our previous managers. He's done nothing here, or elsewhere really, to warrant otherwise. If I don't judge him, it wouldn't be fair or consistent or objective with regard to our former managers.

Today was worst performance I've seen in a looong time. First, he got the team selection wrong to begin with. He allegedly gets the best out of players? Good grief. Heck, most didn't look like they were even trying or interested. Even if things aren't going to plan, you at least show some passion. It was as if he's lost the players and dressing already. If you are going to lose, at least go down with a fight. And, that has little or nothing to do with who we did or didn't sign in the summer, or what Levy said or didn't say. At the end of the day a managers job, any manager, is to get the best out of what he has. From a 'technical' standpoint, this 'attractive and attacking style of footy' he plays that is pleasing on the eye and gets the fans all excited...well we barely had a shot til the 70th minute? At home, against a team like that? It was disgraceful. Rose and Capoue were ok(ish). The rest, well. Anyways, early doors yet and yes, he needs more time certainly.

Last edited:
With the same team as last week, why did we play like this?
its down to players effort rather than manager

agreed.

capoue and dembele worked last week... this week? not so much. it happens. Players looked like this would be a walk in the park. I'm going to guess we will pick up more points away than at home this season.

Really disappointed with today's performance. Beside the poor quality of final product, those one touch football and movement we have seen in the first two games and last week against Sunderland , were completely disappeared today.

It really confusing me when we were able to do this against West Ham , playing at their home pitch ; but we failed to repeat it at our home ground.

Players have no idea what to do . Looked like a AVB's match.

Out of interest what if Poch persists in playing the same 11 and basically the likes of Kaboul at the back with same tactics etc - would you still make no judgements? As far as im concerned its about progress if in two months time we are losing at home to Crystal Palace or Burnley then questions should be asked and definitely judgements made.

I hope he does persist - nothing good will come of chopping and changing game to game.

Give it time, nothing is decided after 5?games, learning curve and all all that... We were poor today, far worse than against pool; lets hope we learn from it

agreed.

capoue and dembele worked last week... this week? not so much. it happens. Players looked like this would be a walk in the park. I'm going to guess we will pick up more points away than at home this season.

Pochettino is learning about his squad. Nothing tells him more the days like today.

we simply cannot succeed in the modern game without a midfielder who can pass the ball quickly and intelligently. if anything its more difficult against lower tier teams who play 8 compact players defending. the odd time we drew them out of position and had a spare man in the final 3rd, our final pass was poor quality.
if we stick with dembele, capoue and paulinho then we will have this every week - laboured passes to feet with no penetration.

we are desperate for schnederlin and jay rodriguez. if these two were playing today we would a) penetrate more and b) get in behind alot more.

whoever is responsible for our current crop of players has a lot to answer for.

Should never have sold Thudd.

I hope he does persist - nothing good will come of chopping and changing game to game.

Give it time, nothing is decided after 5?games, learning curve and all all that... We were poor today, far worse than against pool; lets hope we learn from it

I hope he installs Vertonghen and Fazio and persists with them going forward. Didn't think Kaboul or Chiriches were good enough before today and what we saw from them this afternoon has only strengthened my views.

Really disappointed with today's performance. Beside the poor quality of final product, those one touch football and movement we have seen in the first two games and last week against Sunderland , were completely disappeared today.

It really confusing me when we were able to do this against West Ham , playing at their home pitch ; but we failed to repeat it at our home ground.

Players have no idea what to do . Looked like a AVB's match.

only capoue and lamela were in the game today. not until 70thmin we started to see some exchanges in the middle, which were in the past couple games

When Poch went to Southampton they adopted his methods quite quickly.

At us seems like the players are clueless. Are our players not able to learn?

players had played together for a few years, mix in with that a system they had in process before that left them organised.

maybe ours dont want to, too much hard work and all that

still, im sure the players were as dumbfounded as the fans at the selection of Kaboul and Chiriches ahead of Fazio and Verts....

Back