• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Watford ***

Good win if a mediocre performance. We need to be better although I'll take it. Dominated them without threatening them much because of our all too familiar inability to break down deep lying teams.

Skipp was very good particularly first half. Sanchez did well all game as did Dier I thought. Hojbjerg was alright given the stick he takes I thought. We got away with one on the pen. Looked a foul on the replay but I'm still not sure.

Thought Son was dogbrick but not only was the cross for the goal great, he did brilliantly to win the free kick in the first place.

Take the points and move on. We're a long way from where we want to be. Conte has improved things but is papering over the cracks a bit. January important from a transfer perspective and because games against Cheatski and Woolwich will give us a much better idea of where we really are.

We need to change it up for the next match because clearly this system is hitting some roadblocks. We just about got away with it today.
I just came to post the same. We got a bit lucky today I thought. Simply can’t keep picking that setup against weaker oppo. 7 defensive players out of 10 outfield (and I won’t hear that the wing backs are attacking players - they simply are not in the league that is required in modern day football if you want that from them).

We need to change it up for the next match because clearly this system is hitting some roadblocks. We just about got away with it today.
We might benefit from more space in behind against better teams where a through ball or just a piece of individual skill and pace unlocks them but we are painfully pedestrian and one dimensional when teams allow us to have the ball and sit on the edge of the box.

It’s always really hard breaking down these kinds of teams, Poch struggled. It’s why it’s the hardest league in the world and Pep has spent a fortune building a side to tackle it as he has. Davinson my MoM. But well done Son for that delivery.

We might benefit from more space in behind against better teams where a through ball or just a piece of individual skill and pace unlocks them but we are painfully pedestrian and one dimensional when teams allow us to have the ball and sit on the edge of the box.
The former you’ve described there is what today’s team is for. Against today’s oppo it needs to look a lot different imo.

Back