• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v sunlun***

I blame our mini break in Barcelona. Often teams come back from a break in the sun and look lethargic.

We should now just play our first team in all games this season and see where it gets us. No more wholesale changes. It just ain't working.[/QUOTE]

personally i think he generally always plays the same, just sometimes he pops up with a goal and makes you forget everything else which happens - unless he improves his overall game i cant see him being anymore than an impact player for us

That's not the the worst thing in the world tbh, Man United had Ji Sung Park who didn't score that much, but he played his part and Fergie knew how to use him at the right times. I still think he offers as much or possibly more than Lamela who most people on this board worship albeit they are different players. Goalscoring midfielders are vital, Poch decided Chadli was surplus to requirements for fairly obvious reasons. I worry we might sell Son in the summer, which leaves our bench severly lacking in terms of goals.

Game changing????

He has had some assists be contributed in some games but hasn't IMO made a difference against a team set up not to attack

He is a option against teams that have a go but this guy is not about guile and craft which we were in dire need of
Against Burnley it was game changing. There have been other good games too. Certainly contributed more than Janssen. But I agree about the lack of guile. We don't really have that player. I think we really miss Danny Rose's drive down the left.

That's not the the worst thing in the world tbh, Man United had Ji Sung Park who didn't score that much, but he played his part and Fergie knew how to use him at the right times. I still think he offers as much or possibly more than Lamela who most people on this board worship albeit they are different players. Goalscoring midfielders are vital, Poch decided Chadli was surplus to requirements for fairly obvious reasons. I worry we might sell Son in the summer, which leaves our bench severly lacking in terms of goals.
For all his faults Son is vital to us. 11 goals in all competitions, he's behind only Alli and Kane.

Last edited:
personally i think he generally always plays the same, just sometimes he pops up with a goal and makes you forget everything else which happens - unless he improves his overall game i cant see him being anymore than an impact player for us

At 24, too early to dismiss his obvious talent. Walker and Rose were equally inconsistent a few years ago. He has something. But the fact he toying with a move back to Ger in the summer, means maybe he will move on. Hopefully he can mature with us. Ingredients are there for me - pace, finishing - but not always the best touch or mental attitude.

At 24, too early to dismiss his obvious talent. Walker and Rose were equally inconsistent a few years ago. He has something. But the fact he toying with a move back to Ger in the summer, means maybe he will move on. Hopefully he can mature with us. Ingredients are there for me - pace, finishing - but not always the best touch or mental attitude.
He has had an excellent season. Not sure why he comes in for so much criticism. I hope we can keep him. Him and Alli are our cover for Kane.

The first team always seem to play poorly after a rest.
Also I didn't think we were that bad tonight, Sunderland need to get some credit, although the ref let them away with so much it was incredible. Even Rodwell thought he was off ffs.

This shows we have a very good team but not one that can challange at the moment and that we have a good but not yet great manager.I would argue that we were out tacticed by Moyes tonight.His plan worked perfectly and if Borini had any skill they would have scored.They didn't let us get behind them too much and we didn't really change our game plan when it became clear we needed to do something else.If anything they had the best chances .They defended in numbers and kept Kane and Alli quiet,they were more than happy for us to have possesion in non threatening parts of the field.Maybe we should have stuck with the 3 central defenders but i think Poch has lost a bit of confidence in Wimmer.The tackle should have been a red but Mason is quite a leinient ref that doesn't call every singe foul all the time and lets the game flow.No matter we should gave beaten them even with 11 on the pitch.

Disappointing result and we could/should have nicked it at the end. However, I will say this. We are second in the league in January. We are also on another pretty substantial unbeaten streak and we are on more points that this time last season.

Son didn't have the best of games, but for me, he is a definite keeper and again a player that I think will only get better.

I felt we were showing signs of desperation, not seen us lump the ball forwards aimlessly so often under Poch.
Walker was warned by ref about stealing yards yet in his zeal repeated the offence.

And after that useless clam Mason gives it the other way, the Sunderland player does exactly the same thing and he just lets it go. Dungsack.

Video of Poch interview here:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38727319

From the Beeb:
  • Sunderland kept only their third kept clean sheet of the season, with all three clean sheets coming at the Stadium of Light.
  • Meanwhile, Spurs failed to score for only the third time all season in the Premier League.
  • The Black Cats had only three shots all match - their joint-lowest total in a home Premier League game this season (along with Arsenal in October).
  • Mauricio Pochettino has drawn four of his five visits to the Stadium of Light in the Premier League (W1).
  • Only Chelsea (13) have kept more clean sheets than Spurs (10) in the Premier League this season.
  • Jack Rodwell is still yet to win a Premier League game he has started for Sunderland (D17 L20).

Back