• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton, Sun 5th Oct 2014 ***

I thought Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli and even Ade looked much better today, not perfect but Ade actually winning a few things certainly helped. Lamela really does have an eye for a pass. Eriksen was a lot better than in previous weeks and capped it with a fine goal. Chadli used his frame a lot better and so unlucky not to score.

Liked Capoue and Mason, and thought our full backs were all good especially Rose again.

Vertonghen was solid today, Kaboul was probably the rockiest of all but he was ok apart from his one major balls up that we got away with.

Agreed a lot with this

We were very good and played with some drive and energy. Yes Ade could have done a bit more but he did try. lamella didn't have a good game but kept on plugging way. Everyone else was good to great IMO

Really impressed with the Mason Capoue partnership and rose was excellent too

Southampton offered very little as we won the imporyang battles

I thought Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli and even Ade looked much better today, not perfect but Ade actually winning a few things certainly helped. Lamela really does have an eye for a pass. Eriksen was a lot better than in previous weeks and capped it with a fine goal. Chadli used his frame a lot better and so unlucky not to score.

Liked Capoue and Mason, and thought our full backs were all good especially Rose again.

Vertonghen was solid today, Kaboul was probably the rockiest of all but he was ok apart from his one major balls up that we got away with.

I agree with all that you say, and maybe in time we will look back at this as a really good result, but I still feel we got a lucky victory today.

We were low on confidence, POCH must of told them to start quick get the early goal get some confidence and get the fans behind the team then push on. Unfortunately Southampton were full of confidence, in great form and matched us.

If we had played like that against WBA I think we would have smashed them 3 or 4 nil.

I though ade had a great first half, awful second, don't think he deserves his palace anymore, Soldado deserves a chance. Thought mason was utterly invisible. He wasn't bad, but he just looks like he doesn't have the attributes for the premiership.

Everyone else looked good.

One slightly OT comment... But for a side with a famous academy they had one player in their squad from it!!!! All the hype but the reality is they had one sub from their own academy

One slightly OT comment... But for a side with a famous academy they had one player in their squad from it!!!! All the hype but the reality is they had one sub from their own academy

Tbf they had to sell most of them to stop going bust, they then had all the politics this summer.

This is an impressive list:

Scheiderlin ( we count Rose & Benteleb - its the same)
Bale
Oxelade-chamberlein
Walcott
Llalana
Ward prowse
Chambers

That's SEVEN players who are regulars in the best lge in the world and one who is WORLD CLASS.

Tbf they had to sell most of them to stop going bust, they then had all the politics this summer.

This is an impressive list:

Scheiderlin ( we count Rose & Benteleb - its the same)
Bale
Oxelade-chamberlein
Walcott
Llalana
Ward prowse
Chambers

That's SEVEN players who are regulars in the best lge in the world and one who is WORLD CLASS.

Oh, I forgot Shaw and you could say Wayne Bridge too!

What a massive Danchev that Mane was today, riduclous amount of cheating all through the game, karma when he missed !!!

Enjoyed today a lot, some good stuff, noshortage of effort and energy, a lot faster with the ball too

The crowd helped today too, good support

Also a comment about Mike Jones the ref, he was pathetic, every single time one of their players fell over with the slightest touch he blew, shocking ref

Agreed I thought the ref was shocking, if he deemed that Kaboul thing a foul then why wasn't it a red card? perhaps I didn't notice someone coming in that could have prevented a goal scoring opportunity but at first after he blew I thought we were going to get f*cked with a red.

Good game, good win against a good side.

I agree with all that you say, and maybe in time we will look back at this as a really good result, but I still feel we got a lucky victory today.

We were low on confidence, POCH must of told them to start quick get the early goal get some confidence and get the fans behind the team then push on. Unfortunately Southampton were full of confidence, in great form and matched us.

If we had played like that against WBA I think we would have smashed them 3 or 4 nil.

I'm pretty it was us who hit the post today! How was that lucky? Also you do realise that this was a prem game and so we will be matched, especially by teams who are above us and doing well. Winning does not seem to be enough, an improved performance doesn't seem to be enough either!! I was happy with the effort, the intent and the way we broke at pace. All good signs that we are starting to get if together!

If Southampton players cannot put the ball into the net from two yards out that's koemsn's problem and does not mean we were lucky. It is something we'll need to work on though if we are going to get anything at the etihad.

The crowd helped today too, good support

Also a comment about Mike Jones the ref, he was pathetic, every single time one of their players fell over with the slightest touch he blew, shocking ref

I think it helps the crowd when they players are putting a shift in, making tackles and trying to make things happen with the ball.

Agreed I thought the ref was shocking, if he deemed that Kaboul thing a foul then why wasn't it a red card? perhaps I didn't notice someone coming in that could have prevented a goal scoring opportunity but at first after he blew I thought we were going to get f*cked with a red.

Good game, good win against a good side.

We said that his shoulder barge was no different to what Wanyama did on Lamela not 2 mins before and no foul was given, it was that Mane again, seriously the **** had diving boots on he was spring heeld
ed

Also exactly the same shoulder barge on ade a few mins later in their area after lamela put him thru. Truth is neither were anything close to being a foul, but we got the wrong end of another decision!

Ref was awful.

Think that was a better performance and win than most will give credit for, they came in to the game bang in form and played well, but we stifled them and swarmed all over them and dominated ultimately what this season is a strong team.

The main thing I wanted to see after recent weeks was proper pressing, big energy, get in their face, win the ball back high up the pitch and break on them. I thought we did that well in the main.

Also it was amazingly nice to see Adebayor challenging for and winning a few headers in the first 5 minutes, that makes a big difference. He did have periods of just walking but also periods of proper pressing.

Mason did a lot of good things as well, he is a good technical player. Not the finished article, still inexperienced, but clearly a good player.

The biggest negative for me was Kaboul, his sliced clearance to Wanyama was ridiculous and there were other occasions, remember when Mane just ran past him and missed from 3 yards? He didn't even blink.

Everyone else was pretty damn good, especially our one world class performer, Lloris

646x270.jpg

He's gonna have a sore ear after that.

Back