• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton, Sun 5th Oct 2014 ***

He didn't. The question was "what does Kane have to do to get on the pitch" he has to hope Ade gets injured.

I'm sorry, I must've totally misunderstood the following, stand-alone sentence;

'Hope Ade gets injured'

Your powers of linguistic perception are greater than mine. I bow down.

We're a work in progress, not the finished article. Today was a step forward. We pressed well, moved the ball a lot quicker and were a lot more positive.

This.

Cannot put my finger on it though, this just wasn't very enjoyable to watch???

We're a work in progress, not the finished article. Today was a step forward. We pressed well, moved the ball a lot quicker and were a lot more positive.

will take your word for it as only listed on five live and that was dreadful coverage...they were bigging up Eric Dier though, saying he is our future.

We needed that result. Poch will know we need to improve. I'm not sure Capoue or Mason are the long term answer. Capoue was decent to and they need more time to gel.

On a positive note, we kept southampton quiet for a lot of the game. Until 70 mins we were much the better team.

Would you have said that had sotton slotted one of those chances home and it'd finished 1-1? They had more chances to level the match than arrse did last week.

But overall we were the better team no doubt.

Last edited:
[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X[-X

cant we all just get on? we won ffs! yay!

Questions :

1. Ade... What does it take for another striker to start
2. Referees ... How many are on the take
3. Loris... How long before he becomes a Madrid or barca keeper
4. Chadli... What more does he need to do to become a fan favorite
5. Schneiderlin... Do we really need him now ?
6. Lamella .... When will he score ?
7. Poch... Will he settle for counter attacking as our raisin d'être
8. Verts ... What can we do to keep him
9. Kaboul..... Is there better than him
10. Rose....when will he get the recognition he deserves (motm)

Typical spurs performance in that we struggle to score, let the game meander in the second half and then panic in the last fifteen minutes. something has to be done with Adebayor. How many genuine shots on goal does he average a game? For a forward he just does not work the opposition defence enough. Must not start next week.

This.

We had some good periods, but not exactly end to end stuff. Never truly worried by them, didn't feel like they had any more in them.

Weren't Southampton unbeaten going into today's game? Regardless, on current respective form, was never going to be an easy game. I think we just need to be glad of a much needed win and look to steel ourselves for our visit to City.

I know a clean sheet against this lot is a decent result given their previous results and it was pleasing to see how well we restricted their creativity, but for me that was a poor half of football. We really needed someone to grab that game by the scruff of the neck in the second half and control the tempo, instead the ball just kept coming back at us.

Capoue was bursting forward at times when he should've just sat and it almost cost us on more than one occasion, not to mention the dodgy moments he had in the penalty area.
Kaboul was brilliant one moment and a Sunday league player the next. Seriously, why can't he just settle down.

Our passing from the back is non existent as seen by the constant need for Lloris to hit those lofted balls out to the full backs, which again plays us into trouble. Any team that puts us under a little pressure at the back and our composure goes. I'm happy we won and am not suprised it got scrappy, but there are things that I want to see us starting to do.

Typical spurs performance in that we struggle to score, let the game meander in the second half and then panic in the last fifteen minutes. something has to be done with Adebayor. How many genuine shots on goal does he average a game? For a forward he just does not work the opposition defence enough. Must not start next week.

The coaching team need to tell him - you're a striker. Don't play like a midfield player, focus on scoring. I think him coming deep all game detracts from his finishing. But it does open up space that Chadli has been relishing.

This.

we lack cohesion, still, when moving forward into the danger areas......im honestly beginning to think that although the likes of Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli and whover the striker is are talented, somehow they are not able to read each others movements. Something is seriously wrong in the attacking sense

Back