• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v South Coast's Biggest Club

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well you were wrong, you should have backed the manager - the squad was allowed to fall in to a state of disrepair and it is that which has resulted in the last 12 months of form more than anything - Pochettino called it and too many people ignored him.

We aren't improving until the squad gets the overhaul he bloody called for, funny that

Funny that those spurs fans that agreed with him said our transfer window activities were not anywhere near up to scratch etc got called impatient and entitled among other things.

“Remember the 90s”

Well we don’t have to now.

Funny that those spurs fans that agreed with him said our transfer window activities were not anywhere near up to scratch etc got called impatient and entitled among other things.

“Remember the 90s”

Well we don’t have to now.

We were being brave apparently :D.

Was always going to be a tough game away to what is at least a mid table team finding a touch of form. Particularly with our injuries, missing Son, weaknesses in our squad and the packed fixture list.

We made even harder work out of a difficult situation. Losing Ndombele showed how much we need him, going behind again is tough to take. Some positives, but mostly reality checks.

I think this is too reductive a view.

I was getting to that stage by the end too, though not quite caring isn't the right terminology. I was gradually starting to think that wherever the fault lay, Poch was looking unlikely/ was lacking the energy to turn things around regardless. And I didn't blame him. When I heard the news, I was incredibly sad. I looked with disdain as I saw some fans belittle his achievements.

On the background of this was anger and upset at the terrible way the higher ups have managed squad composition in the last 3 seasons and especially the ridiculously self harming year of no transfers.

I think deep down, part of me won't ever fully get over that and the impact its had on the squad, however much some of our fans want to obsess over balance sheets or the training ground etc.

I generally agree and ultimately with regards to the sacking in the end the departure was probably a mutual one which means he wanted out as much as we wanted him out so in reality the decision had to be made however the real issues lay with how the squad was mismanaged since leaving WHL (the summer we sold Walker) which brought us to that outcome.

Im as big a Levy fan as anyone but the way Poch was sold down the river has really put a black mark against him .

On the bright side, the fixtures ease off for a while after this weekend. Hopefully, Mourinho is right and that they have been hampered by not being able to work with the players on the training ground. A couple of new signings to freshen things up and things could be looking different at the end of the month.

I generally agree and ultimately with regards to the sacking in the end the deparyure was probably a mutual one which means he wanted out as much as we wanted him out so in reality the decision had to be made however the real issues lay with how the squad was mismanaged since leaving WHL (the summer we sold Walker) which bought us to that outcome.

This is a really interesting listen on the end of Poch’s reign.

Very much sounds as if it was a mutual decision to part in the end. The board seem to have found Poch’s pre-CL Final comments to be very strange, and worried about him not fully committing to staying with us; Poch, if it’s to be believed, was not attending training sessions by the end; and the players felt that they were being too closely controlled.

On the bright side, the fixtures ease off for a while after this weekend. Hopefully, Mourinho is right and that they have been hampered by not being able to work with the players on the training ground. A couple of new signings to freshen things up and things could be looking different at the end of the month.

Let's hope you're right! At least it's blatantly obvious now that we need some signings.

I think that there has been criticism from many sides for our transfer activity over the last couple of years. Where people have been criticised for being impatient it has normally been for wanting us to sign anyone or pay any price or not recognising the issues that we've had shifting players.

I like the optimism, but we all know how difficult January can be to sign players so getting any 2 of a RB, CB or DM in is likely to be very difficult. Agree though that a commanding CB and a RB (say) would help things look better. I'm not holding my breath though!

Back