• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield Utd ***

Seemed like the pitch was quite slippery today, wot? It seems to affect Spurs more though, Solomon in particular but also VdV (I think) at a crucial moment. Maybe they were wearing the wrong studs/boots. Did it look that way to those in the stands?

Spotted that too. I commented that some quite a few of our players kept slipping and must have the wrong studs

Seemed like the pitch was quite slippery today, wot? It seems to affect Spurs more though, Solomon in particular but also VdV (I think) at a crucial moment. Maybe they were wearing the wrong studs/boots. Did it look that way to those in the stands?

First 15 or so, didn't notice as much after, too much watering of pitch at start?

Handball outside box = red card, not yellow, not the ref's call, he fudging bottled it

And in the 2nd half on one his kick outs the ball was still in his hand outside box, both ref and linesman missed it (and he was already on yellow at that point)
No it isn't automatically a red card. Same as with an outfield player handling it, it's only red if it prevents a goal. Not anywhere near a clear cut scoring opportunity there, so yellow is the right decision.
Absolutely no question about that.

After that dramatic, stoppage time fightback, can you just imagine how energetic, upbeat and fun training will be this week before our visit to Arsenal?

Especially given how effectively our subs played. Even Emerson Royal looked good, though he gets little mention. Everyone on Spurs - regardless of their role - simply has to be on full perk heading into the NLD.

Of which, I will further say nowt.

The squad won that game, first 11 pushed for 70 odd minutes (26 shots before goal) and probably should have been ahead. Perisic, Richi, Royal, Johnson & PEH all contributed to the win

No it isn't automatically a red card. Same as with an outfield player handling it, it's only red if it prevents a goal. Not anywhere near a clear cut scoring opportunity there, so yellow is the right decision.
Absolutely no question about that.

So read the rule, you are correct, however watching it back, keeper is outside box (out of position), if he doesn't handle Deki has the ball, how is that not a goal scoring opportunity? because you have one defender in the box with no keeper? still a wrong call in my opinion

It's quite a high bar, but for me personally, that was up there with some of the worst performances I have seen from a set of officials. Not quite on a par with Chris Foy at Stoke in 2011, but my word it was in the ballpark.
Shocking display, the wife predicted a brawl on the pitch could happen in the 2nd half, at one point it looked like she was going to be correct

Easily worse I've seen, not single decision went our way. Felt the same as your wife, either this was match fixing or this asshat was trying to incite a riot

So read the rule, you are correct, however watching it back, keeper is outside box (out of position), if he doesn't handle Deki has the ball, how is that not a goal scoring opportunity? because you have one defender in the box with no keeper? still a wrong call in my opinion
Keeper would still be first. He could have just chested it out for a corner. Absolute rank amateur from the GK, but not a red card. That said, he should have had a yellow for time wasting after about 20 minutes of game, so should be off for a 2nd yellow for the handball.

Keeper would still be first. He could have just chested it out for a corner. Absolute rank amateur from the GK, but not a red card. That said, he should have had a yellow for time wasting after about 20 minutes of game, so should be off for a 2nd yellow for the handball.

That is indisputable, or after, there was a moment where the ref was already hustling him to kick out the ball and the fudger took off his gloves ..

That is indisputable, or after, there was a moment where the ref was already hustling him to kick out the ball and the fudger took off his gloves ..
He did that at least twice maybe 3 times
He had a good game and made some saves but I thought it was Ben Foster back at times

Non football related but having a 3pm kickoff on a Saturday when West Ham are at home made a massive difference to our travelling time. For years we have not been scheduled with playing either on the same day or with the same starting time as them and estimated a regular travel time, but yesterday we only arrived at the ground at 2.30 after leaving home 30 minutes earlier than usual due to my sons injured foot, this was a disaster as I didn't get my pint until 2 minutes before kick off and had to miss first 10 minutes of game.

Had a good chat with a couple of Spammers on the tube post match. Does that make me a bad person? :D

Block 420 mate. Have a season ticket there, definitely going to make an effort to get to more games this year, now that Continho ball is out and Ange ball has arrived!

Nice one. Didnt realise you were an ST these days. We were in 515 yesterday cracking view right behind the goal. Definitely a different vibe around the crowd these days. Big Ange is like a Big Martin Jol Mk.II spreading the positive vibes and some great press conferences

Back