• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would’ve kinda preferred to not have rode our luck to snatch a point at Emirates Marketing Project last week, as we’re not going to be challenging them for the title this season but the 3 points we dropped yesterday could help decide CL spots.

Going to need an immense week at training ground to sort this mess out in time for NLD, as that could be a 6 pointer.

I said it last week v City. I was thrilled with the point because few teams will get anything up there this season but the gulf in class/performance showed how far we were away from them.

Yesterday, those chickens came home to roost. I’d like a reaction next week but I’m not encouraged by the noises coming from the club/manager.

I said it last week v City. I was thrilled with the point because few teams will get anything up there this season but the gulf in class/performance showed how far we were away from them.

Yesterday, those chickens came home to roost. I’d like a reaction next week but I’m not encouraged by the noises coming from the club/manager.

Manager needs to make a statement.

Drop half the team.

He was fudging dog brick pal as was all of the other 13 players. Poch was brick. I hope we lose our next 6 games so that moaning Mourinho wannabe gets sacked. That's how bad it is. He's taken as far as he can and it isn't good enough. He's a natural born loser like the rest of you lot on here.

Someone's asking for an avatar/status change...

Yesterday showed why selling Jannsen & releasing LLorente were a bad move, we desperately needed a plan b, a big striker in the box to pose some different questions to the Saudi Sportswashing Machine defence, and, unless Poch thinks Parrot is ready for some experience, we don't have one. personally I'd get on the blower to LLorente and bring him back in for a year whilst working on Parrot.

Yesterday showed why selling Jannsen & releasing LLorente were a bad move, we desperately needed a plan b, a big striker in the box to pose some different questions to the Saudi Sportswashing Machine defence, and, unless Poch thinks Parrot is ready for some experience, we don't have one. personally I'd get on the blower to LLorente and bring him back in for a year whilst working on Parrot.

Llorente did have his moments last season but the bulk of his performances for us showed the same lack of aerial aggressiveness and determination that Kane was delivering in spades yesterday. He’d most likely have been another forward hiding in the box.

Also wanted to give an ‘honourable’ mention to yet another appalling refereeing performance. Not that this mitigates the rubbish served up by our side - but the standard of refereeing in the self-proclaimed best league in the world is absolutely woeful.

And regarding VAR: I think they are treating penalty reviews like ‘umpires call’ in the cricket. Thus, yesterday there was no chance of us getting one because it wasn’t given in real time. Had he blown for a pen, the VAR would have upheld it. In my view - which was a bloody good one from my seat, not to mention the later TV replays - the one on Kane was nailed on all day. How it wasn’t given is beyond me. Not that that should deflect attention from a terrible Spurs performance, either.

Guaranteed there will be a no-penalty decision overturned by VAR in favour of our opponents in games to come, but in the main, I agree, they appear to have decided it's a priority not to contradict refs.

If it had been Chelsea at home yesterday Poch would have started Eriksen.
Same way he started him against City.

By not starting Eriksen he sent the message to everyone "It's only Saudi Sportswashing Machine". This is a game Poch can play silly games with his players.
No shock when the selected players went out and played with no tempo, no pressing and a belief that little Saudi Sportswashing Machine would eventually crumble if they waited.

Still fuming!

I just really want Poch to bloody come out and say what the problem is and what the plan is to sort it! Had enough of these ridiculous babbling riddle soaked interviews which are just nonsense.

Really want to have some faith in the plan again, but the lack of clarity around why a third of the team want to leave and also why on-pitch we don’t press, play with pace etc anymore, are really rankling!

Manager needs to make a statement.

Drop half the team.
I agree, but I think that's the wrong action.

A tactical change I agree with.
The message needs to be - this isn't good enough. You are better than this - go and prove it.
If you don't see a reaction in the NLD then you have no right to be at this club.

One thing almost all the players will be well aware of is that nothing will bring matters to a head (if that's what they want to do) faster than another weak showing in the NLD.

Last edited:
Still fuming!

I just really want Poch to bloody come out and say what the problem is and what the plan is to sort it! Had enough of these ridiculous babbling riddle soaked interviews which are just nonsense.

Really want to have some faith in the plan again, but the lack of clarity around why a third of the team want to leave and also why on-pitch we don’t press, play with pace etc anymore, are really rankling!

100% agree. We want our identity back. High press, fast passing, quick movement. It got us to where we are - why the change? Mystifying.

Well i have to say yesterday was the worst i have seen for a long time, what the hell is going on we had nothing and deserved nothing. I ( like most of us) am a big fan of Poch and what he has done for us but he needs to start kicking some arse, and he needs to start with his own.

He needs to get Jan, Eriksen and Davies back in the starting line up, Jan is our best CB and we miss him. I know a lot of fans are slagging Sanchez off but Toby is starting to go walk about in the last couple of games and for two of the goals we have conceded he is nowhere in the picture.

Rose ( once again) showed he has no understanding of where he needs to be when we are attacked on the other flank, he has twice been looking across the pitch on two of the goals and yet still put himself in the wrong covering position. Sanchez was not marking anyone i agree, but where the hell was Toby and why did Rose not give Sanchez the shout about the player behind him. Davies is not as dynamic as Rose but is a FAR better defender and we need him in the team.

As for Eriksen when its bloody obvious that without him in the team we have no creativity in the middle of the pitch, this may change once our two new players get settled but for now he has to start.

I must admit i am baffled at how poor we have been, against City it was no big deal ( they are far better then any other team) but we should have looked a lot BETTER against Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. As i say i am a BIG fan of Poch but something needs to be done and quick as it seems to me that at the moment we are just going through the motions.

My last word in this thread on yesterday's débâcle is that, around midnight, I felt compelled to watch Koyaanisqatsi for about the hundredth time.

Last edited:
Italians have been doing it for generations.
Yep.

Oldies like me will recall that for decades Brian Glanville of the Sunday Times was incapable of reporting on any game without boring the pants off his readers with incessant references to the catennaccio.

Catennaccio (Italian pronunciation: [kateˈnattʃo]) or The Chain is a tactical system in football with a strong emphasis on defence. In Italian, catenaccio means "door-bolt", which implies a highly organised and effective backline defence focused on nullifying opponents' attacks and preventing goal-scoring opportunities.

Llorente did have his moments last season but the bulk of his performances for us showed the same lack of aerial aggressiveness and determination that Kane was delivering in spades yesterday. He’d most likely have been another forward hiding in the box.

Yeah but we could have repeatedly lumped it up to him to flick on or chest down for lucas, son, kane etc.

Would have likely have borne several openings for us to score from.

Back