• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another thing I want to know: do other teams go through this bus parking brick as often as us!? I'm so sick of teams being lauded for rocking up at the lane and refusing to play football.

Does it happen to other big sides? It doesn't feel like it. So fudging annoying, it's a big problem Poch needs to work out, because more and more sides are going to employ this against us.

Yes, they tend to score early and it becomes a non issue.

Another thing I want to know: do other teams go through this bus parking brick as often as us!? I'm so sick of teams being lauded for rocking up at the lane and refusing to play football.

Does it happen to other big sides? It doesn't feel like it. So fudging annoying, it's a big problem Poch needs to work out, because more and more sides are going to employ this against us.
I’ve noticed Liverpool tend to use pace and aggressive running/skill to break it down. Man

City use very fast passing/ball movement and look to force the opposition defence to have to cover wide, both which tend to move defenders out of position and open up gaps for clever passes and movement to then exploit.

We pass the ball slowly and monotonously all in front of a static defence, taking extra touches and looking ponderous about what to do next. We offer no threat and help that defence to build confidence. There is little movement or creative input to actually move the defence, and ultimately result to just tossing a ball into the mixer, then getting done on the counter as we no longer have the pace or interest level at the back to stay focussed.

It was so noticeable the number of touches we take before playing a ball. There were a number of times a quick first time cross could have been played but it would touched four or five times, and then go backwards or sideways.

It was so noticeable the number of touches we take before playing a ball. There were a number of times a quick first time cross could have been played but it would touched four or five times, and then go backwards or sideways.

Confidence is non existent, whatever the reason for last seasons frailties the players clearly don’t feel they have been fixed.

Seems opponents arrive with a plan to sucker us into over-committing numbers in attack by getting all ten behind the ball from the off, then exploit the spaces we've left wide open for them on the counter. Seems to be happening more and more but we just do not seem to have an answer to it.

Once they've scored it fires them up, boosts their confidence and from that point on we have an even more uphill battle to break them down.

Stats showing how often since January we've had to come from behind - and how often we've succeeded - would be interesting.

Is it boring and annoying when opponents set up to defend and frustrate us? Of course it is. But it works, so who can blame them for doing it? It has been proven that we struggle to break down teams that defend deep, even with our best players in the side.

For me, Poch is just as culpable as any of the players here. This ridiculous tiff that he has going with Vertonghen has to stop. As does his refusal to start Eriksen. If they are fit for the bench then they are fit to start. Sanchez looks a long way short of a high class premier league defender at the moment. I think that his frailties are helping to highlight Toby’s waning powers, too. Why the hell is our best defender sat on the bench? And why the hell is our only creative midfielder sat on the bench when we know we will need him? I don’t give a toss if he is leaving this month - he’s a spurs player, he’s fit, we need him = he should be playing. Same goes for Jan.

I have a horrible feeling that something really isn’t right at the club. Call it a knee jerk if you want, but for me it’s merely a continuation of our appalling form through the second half of last season, which stretches back to the new year.

Yesterday was one of those days when you leave the stadium thinking “why do I bother?”. After several wonderful years, days like yesterday are becoming pretty common again and it’s very worrying.

Every top side has had to put up with that tactic since some clam bought it to the prem (possibly big sam) about 15 years ago.

If you are on it though with energy, desire and quality, it is completely negated.

And if you are lacking in these areas you get results like yesterday.

Wasn’t it Jacques Santini against Chelsea who first “parked the bus” in September 2004.

That Atouba sub was epic. I think he just made it off in time for Christmas dinner.

When you look objectively at all three games this season, it has been poor overall in every game.

Villa was frustrating but we created plenty whilst dominating - good teams will have plenty of games like that against poor opposition throughout a season. But in any case a game in which you create several good goal scoring chances whilst having the lions share of possession is in no way an objectively poor performance - would have happily seen a repeat of that yesterday.

At City we were poor, no question.

Yesterday though was very concerning and not the type of performance that can be shrugged off as one of those days imo, we didn't look like a team out there

Wasn’t it Jacques Santini against Chelsea who first “parked the bus” in September 2004.

That Atouba sub was epic. I think he just made it off in time for Christmas dinner.

Thats a good point and it was after that game that mourinho coined the phrase ‘parked the bus’ but were we the first to really do it?

Given it was way back in 2004, we may well have been :eek:

Thats a good point and it was after that game that mourinho coined the phrase ‘parked the bus’ but were we the first to really do it?

Given it was way back in 2004, we may well have been :eek:

You’re probably right, it was maybe done before that but that was the first time I’d heard the phrase and Jose was really tinkled that day. Ironic given how Mourinho subsequently set up his teams but hypocrisy is one of his strong points.

We could have won that day too - Keane missed a sitter in one of our only forays over the halfway line.

Also wanted to give an ‘honourable’ mention to yet another appalling refereeing performance. Not that this mitigates the rubbish served up by our side - but the standard of refereeing in the self-proclaimed best league in the world is absolutely woeful.

And regarding VAR: I think they are treating penalty reviews like ‘umpires call’ in the cricket. Thus, yesterday there was no chance of us getting one because it wasn’t given in real time. Had he blown for a pen, the VAR would have upheld it. In my view - which was a bloody good one from my seat, not to mention the later TV replays - the one on Kane was nailed on all day. How it wasn’t given is beyond me. Not that that should deflect attention from a terrible Spurs performance, either.

Also wanted to give an ‘honourable’ mention to yet another appalling refereeing performance. Not that this mitigates the rubbish served up by our side - but the standard of refereeing in the self-proclaimed best league in the world is absolutely woeful.

And regarding VAR: I think they are treating penalty reviews like ‘umpires call’ in the cricket. Thus, yesterday there was no chance of us getting one because it wasn’t given in real time. Had he blown for a pen, the VAR would have upheld it. In my view - which was a bloody good one from my seat, not to mention the later TV replays - the one on Kane was nailed on all day. How it wasn’t given is beyond me. Not that that should deflect attention from a terrible Spurs performance, either.

Part of me is glad we didn't get it. The sooner the issues within the team are brought into the light the better. If we had got the pen and gone on to draw/win it would just have been another cover up job.

We have a BIG problem with Mike Dean. Ever since the arse fans started a campaign against him being biased towards us he has always gone agains us

The Kane penalty was classic. He wouldn’t make the call and wanted VAR to do knowing VAR won’t make those calls

Good news is I am sure we will get a reaction to that dross served up in our next game, and it happens to be against that lot so could be just the tonic.

On a side note games like that show how we will miss Llorente. Putting him up top for last half hour would have undoubtedly changed the dynamic....

Part of me is glad we didn't get it. The sooner the issues within the team are bought into the light the better. If we had got the pen and gone on to draw/win it would just have been another cover up job.

Would’ve kinda preferred to not have rode our luck to snatch a point at Emirates Marketing Project last week, as we’re not going to be challenging them for the title this season but the 3 points we dropped yesterday could help decide CL spots.

Going to need an immense week at training ground to sort this mess out in time for NLD, as that could be a 6 pointer.

Would’ve kinda preferred to not have rode our luck to snatch a point at Emirates Marketing Project last week, as we’re not going to be challenging them for the title this season but the 3 points we dropped yesterday could help decide CL spots.

Going to need an immense week at training ground to sort this mess out in time for NLD, as that could be a 6 pointer.

You think they’ll be in a relegation battle too?

Thinking about VAR, at least we haven't been done over in a new way.
The ref initially didn't give the penalty - which was shocking. The only new thing is that we suddenly had another chance to be given it - which didn't happen. So no overall change. Without VAR, we'd have still been bemoaning Riley's action.
Very different to a decision being overturned as a result of VAR, like has happened twice in our favour against Emirates Marketing Project (and once against with the missed Aguero penalty)

Good news is I am sure we will get a reaction to that dross served up in our next game, and it happens to be against that lot so could be just the tonic.

On a side note games like that show how we will miss Llorente. Putting him up top for last half hour would have undoubtedly changed the dynamic....

But Poch has to suck it up and play our best team .. none of this being a bigger man brick

Back