• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v S.S. Lazio***

@tom_carroll92 post match "Great feeling to hear my name on the team sheet away against Lazio. I couldn't wait for the game. We've got a good point today. I like to influence the game and get on the ball. Great to be involved"

@tom_carroll92 post match "Great feeling to hear my name on the team sheet away against Lazio. I couldn't wait for the game. We've got a good point today. I like to influence the game and get on the ball. Great to be involved"

thats too coherent for a regular footballer....shows on the pitch too =D>

lets give him a chance. What you want us to be like Chelbrick and sack a manager every 6 months?

No, but it would help if we appointed the right man for once. Exactly what have you seen to suggest that avb has what it takes?
At the moment i'm scratching my head and I'm well know for my blind faith! Hell, I even supported George Graham while everyone around me was spitting at him.
Just think that the club has fudged up on this one, its a feeling in my waters!

This. I would love to know what the players think as to why they think it's not happening.
My feeling is they would all say no Luka or Rafa.

I think they would say "it's what the manager wants", he's setting up the team to sit deep. We're conceding possession and hoping that we don't concede, hoping!!

No, but it would help if we appointed the right man for once. Exactly what have you seen to suggest that avb has what it takes?
At the moment i'm scratching my head and I'm well know for my blind faith! Hell, I even supported George Graham while everyone around me was spitting at him.
Just think that the club has fudged up on this one, its a feeling in my waters!

i dont have any faith in Levy appointing the 'right' man.....i think his manager record is poor tbh, so even if AVB is fired whats the point.

Levy has made his choice, he had long enough to think about it, now he has to fully back AVB.

And me. It was scrappy, and we didn't keep the ball well, but they are a good side right now, and we had more possession.

Absolutely. We can moan about our performance as much as we want, but we were up against a very good side. They held Juve to a 0-0 draw in Turin just this weekend. The same Juve that dingdonged on Chelsea.

@GarethBale11: "Great to be captain and an honour. We worked very hard an got a deserved point. We had some chances but were unlucky. They are a good team at home so it was a good point"

Hugo Lloris: "We wanted to get 3 points, but Lazio are a great team so it's a good point for us. Lazio were tactically very good. It was hard to find space but I think it's a good point away at Lazio"

This. I would love to know what the players think as to why they think it's not happening.
My feeling is they would all say no Luka or Rafa.

A lot of play last season came through Luka Modric and BAE. Yes. The latter was vital at releasing Bale/offering a credible threat if Bale got covered. VdV was also obviously 'a' factor, but the real dynamo was always Luka. In Carroll we have someone who can hit those areas (albeit not Luka) and with a fit Dembele it allows us to play only Sandro as the 'destroyer'...

Add to this no big man up front until recently, and I am actually baffled as to why people cannot see what a massive, massive shift this is for the team. It's going to take time, and if he can keep us in touch with the top 4 and progressing in the Europa during that time, then excellent work!

A lot of play last season came through Luka Modric and BAE. Yes. The latter was vital at releasing Bale/offering a credible threat if Bale got covered. VdV was also obviously 'a' factor, but the real dynamo was always Luka. In Carroll we have someone who can hit those areas (albeit not Luka) and with a fit Dembele it allows us to play only Sandro as the 'destroyer'...

Add to this no big man up front until recently, and I am actually baffled as to why people cannot see what a massive, massive shift this is for the team. It's going to take time, and if he can keep us in touch with the top 4 and progressing in the Europa during that time, then excellent work!

Because a lot of fans are happy when they are moaning. My Facebook news feed is like we got stuffed 5-0.

Andre: "We had a good beginning and had good possession. Lazio gained momentum and they put us on the back foot. We played with intensity. We didn't have too many clear cut chances but the boys did well. The spirit and passion is there. Hugo was extremely good, that is what we expect and he was extremely good

Steff I admire your optimism but there are problems defensively which I'm not sure are being addressed. I've never been a fan of the "high line" and I believe it will cost us goals this season. It needs intelligent players on top of their game. Our midfield and up front are not holding the ball or passing partcularly well but seeing how crap we were towards the end of last season with Modric in the team I'm not sure his loss is the only problem. We need a strong defensive base from which every thing else may come. AVB needs as much as possible a settled back 4 - choose his keeper and stop playing Gallas.

I think if the performances were better, or at least more entertaining, then people would be happier.

I think they would say "it's what the manager wants", he's setting up the team to sit deep. We're conceding possession and hoping that we don't concede, hoping!!

If there's one thing we don't do is sit deep !! Did you see our defensive line the 2nd half?! Atrocious ball retention yes, sitting deep absolutely not.

i dont have any faith in Levy appointing the 'right' man.....i think his manager record is poor tbh, so even if AVB is fired whats the point.

Levy has made his choice, he had long enough to think about it, now he has to fully back AVB.

I agree, if anyone has to go, its Levy imho. There comes a point where you have to take responsibility for your actions.

Back