• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v S.S. Lazio***

I'm not sure if we had a game plan there, if we did it was very well hidden.
Carroll was the highlight this evening, looks more assured every time he pulls on a Spurs shirt.

Painful watching. I am simply sick of seeing Kyle Walker in a Spurs brick. The guy is simply not a footballer.
Ciani absolutely bossed an unmotivated Adebayor.
Dempsey is just terrible.
Siggurdson needs games, still struggling.
Vertonghen and Caulker were not good today.

Lloris outstanding. Well done Carroll.

sorry but i cannot see why avb has tired out the squad to play like that, there was nothing positive about that except Lloris who looks far too good to be wasting his time with us at the moment and carroll who can play the odd long pass.
can someone tell me what avb's plan is because it looks to me like he just wants us to play negative football that is either getting us the odd draw or a spanking!
I wanted Harry out but not for this pile of nothingness!

lets give him a chance. What you want us to be like Chelbrick and sack a manager every 6 months?

What a load of gonad*s that was. Did we get out of our half? Adebeyor may as well have seen his red card out on this one as well. Carroll good, lloris brilliant. If Santa brings a sack of brick like that down my chimney Christmas is going to be cancelled due to his broken legs.

Been largely disappointed in Ade, tough game for him to get into, but nonetheless...

Biggest understatement of the night. He never showed up. Never got in front of his player once, never got airborne to win a ball in the air and gave it away every time it came near him. Didnt look interested imo

youve said that about 5 times...he has some days like this, its not like we havent seen it before

It doesnt make it any less true though. Really hoped he might have thought he had a point to prove tonight. His whole body language was that he wasnt up for it.

It doesnt make it any less true though. Really hoped he might have thought he had a point to prove tonight. His whole body language was that he wasnt up for it.

how many decent passes did he receive?? I think all the attacking players were as bad as each other in their creativity and effectiveness

See, I cannot blame Dempsey for not being AVB, or Sigurdsson for that matter, but when you know a pkayer can do it, like Ade, you expect it to happen, especially in hard games like these.

Anyway, away from the negatives, I'd rather focus on a very decent result in a tough venue...

Hugo - fantastic - altho got away with it once or twice
Defence - shambolic
Midfield - no creativity
Forwards - no thrust
Ade & Dempsey- appalling

AVB - no game plan. we really are poor to watch at the moment. Not one redeeming feature in that performance. Luckiest point we have got in a long time.

how many decent passes did he receive?? I think all the attacking players were as bad as each other in their creativity and effectiveness

He is the leader of the forward line. Responsible for holding the ball up. Winning headers and starting attacks. He did none of those things tonight

So in the end even a defeat would have meant a draw in the final match would be enough, should have played the kids ;)

Last edited:
He is the leader of the forward line. Responsible for holding the ball up. Winning headers and starting attacks. He did none of those things tonight

like i said, he can do fcuk all if the ball is not delivered into him....he didnt have the best of games, but i see no point in singling him out.

like i said, he can do fcuk all if the ball is not delivered into him....he didnt have the best of games, but i see no point in singling him out.

There was plenty of opportunities for him to compete for the ball. He just didnt.

Back