• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Real Madrid***

Unless Kane is really 400% fit, I wouldn't risk him. This is not a "must win" game and we have games against Apoel and Dortmund still to come if we need to garner any more points. In any event I think it is more important to have him fit and fully available against the Scum.
This game is a "must win" game if we're really looking to progress to quater-finals at least. If we finish second in the group there's a huge probability of exiting the tournament because of Barcelona or PSG as 3-4 more English teams are going to finish 1st in their groups. And if we manage to loose tomorrow we can even easily fail to reach play-off.
Also we badly need to start a new winning streak before we play against Scum (ok, a draw against Real will still be a solid result).
So I would start Kane if he's ok. He should just take a bit more care of himself and not make these crazy pitch runs from one penalty box to another.

This game is a "must win" game if we're really looking to progress to quater-finals at least. If we finish second in the group there's a huge probability of exiting the tournament because of Barcelona or PSG as 3-4 more English teams are going to finish 1st in their groups. And if we manage to loose tomorrow we can even easily fail to reach play-off.
Also we badly need to start a new winning streak before we play against Scum (ok, a draw against Real will still be a solid result).
So I would start Kane if he's ok. He should just take a bit more care of himself and not make these crazy pitch runs from one penalty box to another.
Great idea. Perhaps he should never venture further back than 8 yards into our half and not defend at all. And he should limit his other sprints too. Not tackle at all as that's risky (remember last year he got two ankle injuries from tackling). And not head the ball either as brain damage will surely set in soon and hinder his ability to score. Problem solved!

Is this game really a free one? Lose this then the Dortmund away game becomes key - they'd go into that knowing that if they beat us then they'd draw level with us on 7 points. Oh, and for the final game, if Real have qualified I don't think they'd be putting out their strongest 11

If Kane has trained as normal today then I'd play him

Is this game really a free one? Lose this then the Dortmund away game becomes key - they'd go into that knowing that if they beat us then they'd draw level with us on 7 points. Oh, and for the final game, if Real have qualified I don't think they'd be putting out their strongest 11

i think we should aim to win every game so for me we should target this as a win too, including playing a fit Kane

i think we should aim to win every game so for me we should target this as a win too, including playing a fit Kane

Yep - Real are also there for the taking. Their form at the moment is awful for them (lost again at the weekend....to Girona in their first season in La Liga), Bale is injured, Ronaldo has I think 2 in 6 league games this year which for him is a drought, missing a top CB, their best RB and first choice keeper...I don't see any reason to hold back and a win against Real would be a real (pun intended) statement

Yep - Real are also there for the taking. Their form at the moment is awful for them (lost again at the weekend....to Girona in their first season in La Liga), Bale is injured, Ronaldo has I think 2 in 6 league games this year which for him is a drought, missing a top CB, their best RB and first choice keeper...I don't see any reason to hold back and a win against Real would be a real (pun intended) statement
I'm totally with you on this, they are really not great at the moment, if we can start well and fast we could get a win tomorrow

Some people are happy to accept a draw in advance though.... why bother even playing then IMO
Games vs the likes of Real are still fairly novel and there are many "I'd take a draw if offered now" merchants. As other very wise posters have said, Real are not in a great run of form, have plenty of injuries so we have a great chance to top the group and qualify after four games.

If they play as badly as they did against Girona on Sunday we will absolutely beat them tomorrow

Goalkeepers: Casilla and Moha.

Defenders: Vallejo, Sergio Ramos, Nacho, Marcelo, Theo and Achraf.

Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, M. Llorente, Asensio, Isco and Ceballos.

Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Lucas Vázquez and Mayoral

Marca Preview :

It is becoming clear that Real Madrid not only need to take a positive result from Wembley Stadium on Wednesday to guarantee top spot in Group H, but also to revitalise their season after a nightmare trip to Girona.

However Zinedine Zidane will know as well as any other onlooker of Sunday's game that Los Blancos need more than a quick one-size-fits-all fix, rather there are a number of areas that need a shake-up.

Here we run over a few areas that the coach can play around with as he seeks an instant reaction away to Tottenham Hotspur.

Return to 4-3-3
The diamond has run its course. While it was undeniable that Isco had a good game against Girona, it was also blatant that Real suffered greatly from a lack of width chiefly because the full-backs were isolated in their forward movements.

Getting Cristiano Ronaldo back onto the wing and bulking up the right flank with the workman Lucas Vazquez would draw the game out across Wembley's wide pitch and leave space for the visitors' attackers to work their magic.

Ronaldo himself was even floating out wide in the latter stages at Estadio Montilivi as he clearly yearned for the simplicity of his former position, with his spell as a No. 9 needing to be shelved, for now. Speaking of which...

Stick it out with Benzema

If Ronaldo needs to get back in his comfort zone to 'reset' his form, Karim Benzema should be given the same treatment and not dropped for the game in North-West London.

Benzema certainly did nothing to be proud of in the first game against Spurs and perhaps he has been suffering from the increased defensive pressure created by having Ronaldo alongside him, therefore he would also benefit from a move back to 4-3-3.

Not only are there a serious lack of alternatives, given his teammates' aforementioned shortcomings, but the Frenchman is also a serious big game player. His performances away from home in last season's Champions League are evidence that, when he plays in the right role, he can produce the magic.

Midfield gamble
There is something off about the trio of Casemiro-Modric-Kroos and Zidane must pick which he is to drop. Not least because Isco simply has to play and a central midfield berth where he has license to roam is currently his best position.

So which one should go? Casemiro may be the obvious solution when considering his average recent form, even if that is tactically naive against a Spurs side who attack fiercely through the middle.

That leaves one of Luka Modric or Toni Kroos for the chop, and neither can claim to be undroppable on current showings. It would be a gamble for Zidane: exactly the sort of gamble this situation requires.

Learn to take the sting out of the game
One thing that Madrid did not benefit from in Girona was the sheer breathlessness of the game. From end to end, Los Blancos were desperate to attack and this showed them up as nervous and only opened up further gaps at the back.

Instead, the LaLiga champions need to take more opportunities to sit on the ball and keep possession. This is increasingly prevalent in a sold-out Wembley Stadium where shutting up the crowd may be vital to quashing any Spurs momentum.

There is no reason Real can not do this. If they truly seek to win another Champions League title they have to show that they can go to these sort of games and dominate, restrict their opponents' time on the ball, and make their superiority evident for all to see.

Back to basics in defence
Achraf Hakimi is a fine athlete and promising right-back but it is time for him to exit the first XI and take stock of what he has learned thus far. However, Dani Carvajal is still missing and his absence is being keenly felt.

Replacing the young Moroccan with Nacho Fernandez for Wednesday's game is dependant on Raphael Varane's fitness and should be a no-brainer if the Frenchman is available. If not, Achraf needs to be given a far more limited, disciplined mandate.

Maintaining a solid block of four defenders has not been attainable for Zidane for some reason, and for some time. This simply must end as Real's misfiring attack used to be enough to cover their defensive errors and, if it cannot, the backline has to get the basics right and leave the wandering forward solely up to Marcelo.

I actually disagree about finishing second this year and therefore this game being must win. I think the CL is wide open at this point and none of the main players look that good imo. Barcelona are having a great season domestically but aren't the same side as they were even a couple of seasons ago, Bayern and Real Madrid have had their issues and as good as PSG are, I think we would more than give them a game. I would love to win the group because it does give us a better chance of drawing someone 'weaker' as well as enhances our profile but I actually fancy having one of the big guns because we play better in those match up's. The main thing is that I don't fear us playing anyone over two legs because of how far we have come and other teams regression in certain aspects whereas 2-3 years ago I would've wanted to avoid the likes of PSG because it would be a certain knockout. Not anymore.

Charlie Nicholas's Predictions

I would think Harry Kane would be very keen to play this but I would think it would be one hell of a risk. Hamstrings take a long time to settle down fully, even if he does feel fit to play

Mauricio Pochettino will be desperate to play him but he is a strong enough character to think his side are virtually through and if there's any doubt then it is not worth it.

Real Madrid had a shocking result losing to Girona on Sunday and if Kane is fully fit then they are there for the taking. They look all over the place and looking to blame each other, with Sergio Ramos likely to be up to his old tricks and Cristiano Ronaldo unhappy with the physical treatment he'll get from Tottenham's defence.

Charlie predicts: 2-1

Spot on.
Some people are happy to accept a draw in advance though.... why bother even playing then IMO
I'd be happy with a draw. I'd obviously be happier with a win. Unless Real and UEFA agree that we can just mark it down as a draw, which seems somewhat unlikely, I don't see how being happy with a draw means we shouldn't even bother playing.

I'm not going to this game but I'm really looking forward to it. This is the type of game I want to see my Spurs play on a regular basis. I was extemely annoyed to lose to a poor West Ham team and disappointed to lose to United but I accept it as being all part of the game, you win some you lose some. Playing well and winning tomorrow would mean as much to me as winning the league as I've become disillusion ed with the way this beautiful game has lost its soul. So fingers crossed for tomorrow and let dreams be fulfilled.

I think Kane will start, he's trained fully and it didn't look like a massive strain against Liverpool, the kind of thing you can do in the gym easily enough with a big workout that just takes a few days to settle.

Back