• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers, Sun 24th Aug 2014 ***

Its not just fans its players. Ive always maintained that you got to let the players play with a bit of freedom and its definitely evident from Poch's few games

Yep, agree. Though the first big test of just how successful Poch has (thus far) been in this regard, will come next week.

Dier, Rose, Capoue, Lamela all excellent. Eriksen possibly just pips the fullbacks for MOM. He is Modric good. Better really for us as he's a goal threat. Technically exceptional he can keep the game flowing for us. Lots of interesting things to comment on from today's game. But how good are our younger players under Poch? Bar Capoue these best performers were 20, 22, 22, 24.

The whole team played well. It was a true team performance. We lost the ball plenty of times, but we would win it back quickly as a team. QPR were vulernable. We gave them no time and showed good movement and QPR collapsed. Both teams could have scored a load more goals. We still have lots to work on.

Last edited:
All very jolly, but I'm not allowing myself to get too carried away with the performance. QPR were shockingly poor, especially first half, and we won't come up against many who'll give us such an easy time of it.

Dier, Rose, Capoue, Lamela all excellent. Eriksen possibly just pips the fullbacks for MOM. He is Modric good. Better really for us as he's a goal threat. Technically exceptional he can keep the game flowing for us. Lots of interesting things to comment on from today's game. But how good are our younger players under Poch? Bar Capoue the best performers are 20, 22, 22, 24.

The whole team played well. It was a true team performance. We lost the ball plenty of times, but we would win it back quickly as a team. QPR were vulernable. We game them no time and showed good movement and they collapsed. Both teams could have scored a load more goals. We still have lots to work on.

Interesting how you saw it, I thought Eriksen was one of our weaker performers, although they all played well.

Interesting how you saw it, I thought Eriksen was one of our weaker performers, although they all played well.

By 75-80 mins he was done. But the way he closed down, and kept the ball ticking over in dangerous areas of the pitch made a key difference today. At wham he wan't in the game enough. He wasn't that prominent maybe but was crucial. We don't have anyone else who can do what he can currently. It was a team performance first and foremost however. The way they chased the ball if anyone lost possession was impressive.

All very jolly, but I'm not allowing myself to get too carried away with the performance. QPR were shockingly poor, especially first half, and we won't come up against many who'll give us such an easy time of it.

Life's all about moments my friend. Happiness is often a fleeting breeze, that disappears as quickly as it arrives. Enjoy what you can, when you can, for as long as you can. If this is as good as it gets all season, then at least you would have wrung every last drop of enjoyment out of it :)

By 75-80 mins he was done. But the way he closed down, and kept the ball ticking over in dangerous areas of the pitch made a key difference today. At wham he wan't in the game enough. He wasn't that prominent maybe but was crucial. We don't have anyone else who can do what he can currently. It was a team performance first and foremost however. The way they chased the ball if anyone lost possession was impressive.

He did get through a lot of work -- I especially like how we won the ball back in little teams today, pairs or 3 players at a time. Lamela and Eriksen were very good at this.

Most of these players can rest for the Europa game and be ready to work their arses off against Liverpool.

A good result today against a poor QPR side. Some really good signs in this performance and I'm looking forward to see how we do against Liverpool. The difference in play today to what was served up at times last season where we struggled to create anything at all is profound. It was complete domination.

Great to see Chadli score 2, Lamela get another assist, Dier looking good. Early days under Poch's reign but i'm liking the direction we seem to be going in.

Fantastic performance today. QPR were poor, but we can only beat what is in front of us. Also we scored goals, which has been missing since Harry left, ironically.
Just a bit worried about our defending of set pieces, I felt QPR didn't punish us today, far to many clean headers from their players in our box. Must sort that out, but i'm sure Poch will work on that.
Lamela really is a pickpocket of a player, both defensively as well as in attack. Hope he and everyone stays fit.
Big difference I notice was that we started with fast, high tempo. Under AVB and sometimes under Harry Too we would start with slow possession football, then look to pick up the pace, or very between periods of slow and high tempo thorough out the match. Today we won that game in a the first half. (makes me a bit concerned about if we go 1-0 down around 70 minutes would we have the legs and the energy to scored a late, late equaliser / or winner?)
But today was a good pick me up after the depression of last season.

Originally Posted by the dza View Post
We'll win 4-0, ade, lamela x 2, chadli. Eriksen with 3 assists, lamela with the other.

I dunno how to multi-quote, but ta very much haha.

For once, it's a shame I am no longer a degenerate gambler.

From the post you're engaging with - grey bar at base has reply, reply with quote, and a " - hit the " and you get a tick, then reply with quote.

That's how I'm doing it so maybe an heroic failure

Just got home, well I thoroughly enjoyed my whole match day experience, been a while since I said that

Long way to go, but I feel were on the way to getting our Tottenham back !!!!

Delighted to see Rose continue his pre-season form, show some proper balls and subsequently dig in and discover a level of focus to go with his raw abilities. It helps that his defensive partners are strong too, and that we have the shape sorted out/he's never left alone on the cover, but again, applause to him for taking up the Davis challenge and moving forwards. Poch's system allows the skill factor to shine whilst his shape/ethic off the ball is great. Early days but this looks tasty...

From the post you're engaging with - grey bar at base has reply, reply with quote, and a " - hit the " and you get a tick, then reply with quote.

That's how I'm doing it so maybe an heroic failure

I hit the tick and reply with quote...did it work?

Just got home, well I thoroughly enjoyed my whole match day experience, been a while since I said that

Long way to go, but I feel were on the way to getting our Tottenham back !!!!

Same here. Back in the hotel room now after an enjoyable afternoon at the Lane. The drum was back, so was the atmosphere.
Dier, what a steal. Lamela, looks a different player

Didnt think we would be driving home tomorrow top of the league, and if City dont win 3-0 or more tomorrow we will be there for another 5 days at least.
Okay it might not last too long, so I am going to enjoy it while it lasts

COYS

All of the typical "don't get to excited because of this, this, and this" bull**** aside this game was fun as hell to watch.

Sent from my S4 using Fapatalk

Back