• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Palace***

------------------------------ Lloris ---------------------------
Walker --- Alderweireld --- Vertonghen --- Rose
------------------ Dier ---------- Dembele ----------------
Lamela ----------------- Son ------------------- Eriksen
------------------------------Kane ----------------------------

Bench: Vorm, Wimmer, Trippier, Alli, Carroll, Bentaleb, Chadli.

I'm a big fan of Alli. Not suggesting he's done anything worthy of being dropped to the bench (and based on the FA cup team selection, I'm guessing Pochettino will play him this weekend). But we have some great midfielders and I'd really like to see the above combination at some point. But in truth... swap any one of them out for Alli and I'd still be perfectly happy.

Crystal Palace 1 - 3 Spurs
Son, Kane x 2 (Palace to score from a set piece).

Go for the win! I am a death or glory sort of boy. I dont like draws much. There is nothing like a last minute winner to send us all home happy!!

Who remembers this little fella?

Orgone-generator-pyramid1-e1384293643577.jpg

Could be a patience testing game. Expect Pardew to attempt his best Pulis impression and although they've been in fairly poor form recently they have a good team capable of putting in good performances in that kind of game.

Hoping for an early goal for us to open things up...

Could be a patience testing game. Expect Pardew to attempt his best Pulis impression and although they've been in fairly poor form recently they have a good team capable of putting in good performances in that kind of game.

Hoping for an early goal for us to open things up...

He's already said he would take a 0-0

After this the next league game is Norwich a whole 10 days after.
So no need to rest anyone.
We saw Dembele sitting on the bench after coming off with a huge strapping on his leg. Will he be fit to start or just the bench?

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Dier Dembele
Lamela Eriksen Alli
Kane

But we are coming up against a keeper that this and then was pretty poor against City.

bit wary of this game, palace are due a breakout game as they haven't scored in 5, at least poch rested players against leicester, I'd like to see son start as well, would take some of the pressure off harry

Team picks itself with the exception of Son possibly coming in for Lamela. I'd be inclined to stick Son in based purely on goal/assist against Leicester. Ali possibly needs a rest.

Looking at that photo of Chris Armstrong there's no doubt he likes a spiff is there! I really liked him as a player, remember how pleased I was when we signed him.

Since we are still in the title race, we need to keep on winning to put pressure on our rivals. We did well to beat Sunderland brilliantly last week. We need to get motivated from that win to go on a winning run. We just cannot afford to drop too many points now as our rivals will run away from us. Besides, ManU are just 2 points behind us and will overtake us if we drop points. But it won't be easy as Palace are desperate to win after being winless in their last 5 matches without scoring any goals. We have had good records against Palace in recent years but we did lose to them away last season. We need to do much better there this season if we want to stay in the title race.

I think Kane will be our key player again. We really need him to score to win matches in the league. It is disappointing that we don't have any other regular goal scorers now. Until we buy one, we have to rely on Kane to score our goals in the league. Players like Eriksen, Lamela and Son should be scoring more goals in the league. Eriksen did well to score 2 goals against Sunderland but it was his first goals from open play this season. Hope he can continue his goal run here. But he should really be improving his freekicks which has been shyte lately. For all his work rate and skills, wish Lamela can score more goals. Son did well to score against Leicester but he too needs to score more league goals.

It was great to see Dembele returning and scoring against Sunderland. We had badly missed him in midfield. He simply makes our midfield more stronger. I think Dembele and Dier can make up a good partnership in midfield. But a bit worried about Dier who has been poor in recent matches. Maybe his lack of experience and rest is affecting his form. Wish we can buy an experience defensive midfielder to improve our midfield further. Alli has been a revelation this season. Hope he can continue his great form. Chadli did well to score against Leicester. So, he should be given some part to play in this match.

It is amazing that we still have the best defensive record in the league so far this season. Credit to Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld for improving our defence. But they still have lot of things to improve if they want to help us win trophies ! For one, they cannot get be complacent against teams like Palace. They might not have scored in 5 league matches but we cannot take them lightly. In the past we have let teams to score against us despite not scoring in many matches. We should not repeat this bad habit against Palace. Will be really disappointed if we don't keep the clean sheet in this match.

These are the matches we need to win if we want to stay in the title race. We need to have the belief and the mentality to keep our title race going. Hope we will beat Palace to stay in touch with our rivals.

I am just going to relax and have a good day. Palace away for us is not an easy game. 'Derby' and Pardew!! Tough combination.

Back