• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Palace

The person sitting next to me in the East Stand also always digs him out, generally for ridiculous things where Royale has no option on. It won’t be easy to get a better back-up RB than Royale IMO. If Spence isn’t seen as good enough/having a good enough attitude then I’d rather see us hang on to him than spending money trying to upgrade.
The killer is when it’s him and Ben
Both in their own rights good players but together not as effective
They were ok as Cbs together though but lacked the height

My take on the first half (especially the first 25 mins of that) was that Palace were happy to let our two centre backs have the ball, dropping into a mid-block with a very narrow midfield ensuring that our two full backs playing inside had no space and time to receive the ball. That nullified our main way of progressing the ball. I think a lot of teams are likely to do this to us with their tactics teams now having had a decent number of games of ours to watch.

As the team develops I think we’ll have to start to play the ball early out to our wide forwards a bit more often and also ask our centre backs to carry the ball well into the opposition’s half occasionally to break opponents from that shape. Doing those things will then sometimes free up the space centrally for the ball into the inverted fullback.
We lack a quick switch of play and Bissouma when playing 6 doesn't really have much distance on his passing. So we tend to play a lot of shorter passes, but now teams have cottoned on to the system more they don't tend to press as high giving us less room to play into.

I think a development for next season is occasionally playing passes over the first line by Vicario and the addition of a pres resistant deep 6 who can switch the play over distance. That's not a particularly easy player to find nor a cheap one if they have all the required attributes.

My take on the first half (especially the first 25 mins of that) was that Palace were happy to let our two centre backs have the ball, dropping into a mid-block with a very narrow midfield ensuring that our two full backs playing inside had no space and time to receive the ball. That nullified our main way of progressing the ball. I think a lot of teams are likely to do this to us with their tactics teams now having had a decent number of games of ours to watch.

As the team develops I think we’ll have to start to play the ball early out to our wide forwards a bit more often and also ask our centre backs to carry the ball well into the opposition’s half occasionally to break opponents from that shape. Doing those things will then sometimes free up the space centrally for the ball into the inverted fullback.

...I think Romero is absolutely primed for this.

We lack a quick switch of play and Bissouma when playing 6 doesn't really have much distance on his passing. So we tend to play a lot of shorter passes, but now teams have cottoned on to the system more they don't tend to press as high giving us less room to play into.

I think a development for next season is occasionally playing passes over the first line by Vicario and the addition of a pres resistant deep 6 who can switch the play over distance. That's not a particularly easy player to find nor a cheap one if they have all the required attributes.

I think we should go a bit longer at times, use the height of Kulu and the pace of Werner, turn defenders around.

Not all the time, but bang a few in behind early doors to keep them honest.

Bill swapped Jimmy Robertson for David Jenkins a few years later, another odd Arsenal deal...

I seem to remember there were rumours Robertson wanted to move for personal reasons and a transfer was arrange in quick time, neither player had many games for the teams they joined and I think Jenkins virtually disappeared from the game after leaving us after about 20 games over 3 years.

I seem to remember there were rumours Robertson wanted to move for personal reasons and a transfer was arrange in quick time, neither player had many games for the teams they joined and I think Jenkins virtually disappeared from the game after leaving us after about 20 games over 3 years.
I heard it was something to do with a romantic entanglement between Robertson and another player's wife. My main memory of Jenkins was that he still had a 1950s hairstyle in 1968.

Back