• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Olympique de Marseille ***

It will be interesting to see who Conte starts given we have Emirates Marketing Project on Saturday. I think the team that starts on wednesday will then start again at the Etihad

Dier, Royal, Hojbjerg, Son and Kane all started against West Ham and Fulham. Kane got a slight breather towards the end against Fulham. Other than Dier I wouldn't want too many of them to start both the OM and City games.

I think all of them are likely to start against City, I would like to see at least a couple of them not start against OM. Kulu for Son, Bissouma or Skipp for Hojbjerg, Doherty for Emerson would be my guess.

Dier, Royal, Hojbjerg, Son and Kane all started against West Ham and Fulham. Kane got a slight breather towards the end against Fulham. Other than Dier I wouldn't want too many of them to start both the OM and City games.

I think all of them are likely to start against City, I would like to see at least a couple of them not start against OM. Kulu for Son, Bissouma or Skipp for Hojbjerg, Doherty for Emerson would be my guess.

Those are good shouts actually. Will be so interesting to see what Conte goes for.
The enthusiasm and energy of Richarlison playing his first CL game should hopefully make the difference (as long as he can keep his head..)

Also I noticed Romero looked a bit knackered towards the end of the Fulham game which was especially visible in his challenge for their goal and he then slumped down for a bit with his hands on his knees, perhaps still feeling some effects of his knock against chelsea.

Might be wise to rest him and play Sanchez in his place.

That’s a turn up, common sense prevailing.

what’s the situation on Dier, is he “non homegrown” even though he plays for the English national team? I know he was trained under the Portuguese association but seems counterintuitive for an England international to count as overseas for an English club, if that is the case ofcourse.

The reasoning behind it was making teams play players from their own country without breaking eu freedom of movement laws. So it has nothing to do with where you were born or what national team you play for. Which does sound silly but worked sort of.

Good to hear that Alexis Sanchez is ineligible...phew.
Shame. I want all the former gooners to play. Just read on a Marseille forum that their former PL stars will know how to deal with us. Lets look at their records at Spurs. Hope they all play, Guendouzi (pri*ck), Kolasinac, Tavarez etc. Will pump up the crowd more. COYS

Shame. I want all the former gooners to play. Just read on a Marseille forum that their former PL stars will know how to deal with us. Lets look at their records at Spurs. Hope they all play, Guendouzi (pri*ck), Kolasinac, Tavarez etc. Will pump up the crowd more. COYS

Yeah, i know what you mean. It'd be great to give them a beating for that alone..only thing is Alexis is the player that on paper could do us most damage though, so i'm ok with him missing it (unless they have a much better forward to replace him with of course!)

Wonder whether we'll see more attacking options play tmrw and then defensive against Emirates Marketing Project - so Lenglet, Perisic, Doherty on Wed for example, and then Davies, Sess and Royal at the weekend. Perhaps also Bisouma on Wed, PEh on Saturday.

I think how we play will depend more on what OM do than on what Conte wants. If they come out pressing and attacking we'll be conservative. If not we'll try to play our attacking game.

Wondering how much rotation we'll see. Quite a few players that have started a couple in a row already, City coming up after this.
I think Conte won't work the boys too hard this being our first CL outing together and with Emirates Marketing Project soon after.

For CL experience counts, maybe we'll see Moura too. Prefer the 3 CBs to be the same as much as possible regardless of competition. But changing around the 4 for 3 places up front will be good to keep everyone on their toes and fresh.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Good shout re Lucas Moura and his experience.

The issue is whether he fits in to how we play these days or just adds more 'chaos' factor than is needed (or what Conte would like..)

That’s a turn up, common sense prevailing.

what’s the situation on Dier, is he “non homegrown” even though he plays for the English national team? I know he was trained under the Portuguese association but seems counterintuitive for an England international to count as overseas for an English club, if that is the case ofcourse.
He's not home grown, because he came through a Portuguese academy. Makes perfect sense, since a player from any nation can count as home grown if they come through an English academy. Same thing.

He's not home grown, because he came through a Portuguese academy. Makes perfect sense, since a player from any nation can count as home grown if they come through an English academy. Same thing.
Yes I know, hence the sentance where I said that.

i find it unlikely that the spirit of the law was to penalize English teams fielding English players though (or Portuguese teams fielding Portuguese players, French teams fielding French, etc. Etc). Even if it wasn’t the intention to penalize, it’s the reality of the way the rules are written/enforced.

Good shout re Lucas Moura and his experience.

The issue is whether he fits in to how we play these days or just adds more 'chaos' factor than is needed (or what Conte would like..)

Conte calls it energy !
I wonder if there's a special Brazilian connection that could channel Moura's randomness into something more productive with Richarlison.
Come to think of it a front three of Son, Richarlison and Moura could be the fastest counter attacking combination we have.

Guendouzi struck me as a decent player. I was surprised Arsenal let him go, though there may have been some sort of falling out with Arteta from what I've read.

Guendouzi struck me as a decent player. I was surprised Arsenal let him go, though there may have been some sort of falling out with Arteta from what I've read.

He is a clam; in fact too clamish for even them. He goaded an opposition player about how he was earning x more than them. Arteta felt he had to get rid because he was a billy big boots and then some. To have that arrogance at that age/stage you'd have to be already at Messi or Ronaldo's levels

Back