• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ns Mura

Personally if I was Nuno I’d play whatever I thought was my strongest team. Then hope it works and then play the same on Sunday. Rotation is great when winning but just need to get something going.

Sunday's game is going to have a bigger influence on his future than tonight. I think he needs a win on Sunday so would want a lot of players fresh

Not sure if serious but I'd like to say I'm a more positive fan than not, but the last 2 years has taken its toll on my mental health, ie putting games before my now 2 kids (new baby girl in July), going out and getting on it for games and missing important family events etc.

After the West Ham game last season (3-3) I was devastated and my wife came back to me drunk, topless, alone and my spurs shirt ripped up on the floor asking me what the hell happened.

I need to try and switch off from Spurs as mentally the losses make me depressed, so the less I get involved, the less the impact of the negative result affects me, if that makes sense. If I don't see it I don't feel the result?

Just not enjoyable for me watching Spurs games, even now watching 30 minutes of the Arsenal game (normally I'd watch all 90), I think about it at night of what could have been, ie the signing of Tomiyasu over Emerson and its not healthy. I'd rather put my son to sleep tonight and talk to him at 8pmin bed whilst he nods off than put the game on and watch Spurs.

Sunday was the same, I had my brother and his family round for dinner so we could watch the game, yet at 2 nil was fuming, so switched it off and then played with my son and nephew in our cul de sac which they loved, that was much more soul filling than watching Spurs.

For some I get that Spurs is their life, and it used to be for me now but something has to change for me. I can't let if affect my life anymore.

Sorry for the life story but thought it would be best to put my side across, if every now and again I do come across more negative than positive.

Spurs may not need supporters like me, but I in fact don't need a club like Spurs in my life right now, successful or not, it appears.

It's a shame that the results have effected you, but you are not alone. People take football far too seriously and want instant gratification in life. At the end of the day your family and friends are more important than any game. My grandson is Spurs mad and has his season ticket but with so many games on a Sunday he always chooses to play himself rather than go to the match and that's the way it should be.

Not sure if serious but I'd like to say I'm a more positive fan than not, but the last 2 years has taken its toll on my mental health, ie putting games before my now 2 kids (new baby girl in July), going out and getting on it for games and missing important family events etc.

After the West Ham game last season (3-3) I was devastated and my wife came back to me drunk, topless, alone and my spurs shirt ripped up on the floor asking me what the hell happened.

I need to try and switch off from Spurs as mentally the losses make me depressed, so the less I get involved, the less the impact of the negative result affects me, if that makes sense. If I don't see it I don't feel the result?

Just not enjoyable for me watching Spurs games, even now watching 30 minutes of the Arsenal game (normally I'd watch all 90), I think about it at night of what could have been, ie the signing of Tomiyasu over Emerson and its not healthy. I'd rather put my son to sleep tonight and talk to him at 8pmin bed whilst he nods off than put the game on and watch Spurs.

Sunday was the same, I had my brother and his family round for dinner so we could watch the game, yet at 2 nil was fuming, so switched it off and then played with my son and nephew in our cul de sac which they loved, that was much more soul filling than watching Spurs.

For some I get that Spurs is their life, and it used to be for me now but something has to change for me. I can't let if affect my life anymore.

Sorry for the life story but thought it would be best to put my side across, if every now and again I do come across more negative than positive.

Spurs may not need supporters like me, but I in fact don't need a club like Spurs in my life right now, successful or not, it appears.

That’s a very honest post, kudos to you for explaining. Your original post about not watching tonight’s game did sound a bit ‘can’t be bothered’ but your subsequent post is testament that we shouldn’t jump to conclusions about people based on little-to-no knowledge of what lies behind their postings.
I don’t believe there is any other sport that gets into your system like football. I know people who don’t particularly follow football but who are into rugby or cricket but there is no comparison to the emotion and tribalism of football. It can be overwhelming and eat you up from the inside. Yet I wouldn’t swap it for anything else.
What can I say? Enjoy your family, that’s most important above anything else, but keep the faith that things will get better Spurs-wise.
And as for the 3-3 last season - at least you are not married to a West Ham fan.
There, I bet you feel better already.

That’s a very honest post, kudos to you for explaining. Your original post about not watching tonight’s game did sound a bit ‘can’t be bothered’ but your subsequent post is testament that we shouldn’t jump to conclusions about people based on little-to-no knowledge of what lies behind their postings.
I don’t believe there is any other sport that gets into your system like football. I know people who don’t particularly follow football but who are into rugby or cricket but there is no comparison to the emotion and tribalism of football. It can be overwhelming and eat you up from the inside. Yet I wouldn’t swap it for anything else.
What can I say? Enjoy your family, that’s most important above anything else, but keep the faith that things will get better Spurs-wise.
And as for the 3-3 last season - at least you are not married to a West Ham fan.
There, I bet you feel better already.
It is nice having the responses on here from you all and it really wasn't the intention, it was just to give my side to some of my comments which can be taken a way that comes across as very negative. As mentioned I think my posts have humour to them but can also be taken either aggressive or just as I say, negatively. They really aren't. I don't enjoy it when people reply to one of my comments not how I expect them to, but I'll always respect their opinion, and hopefully not respond back angrily, I'll reply cheekily or laugh with them.

As for Spurs, I guess I just want success and am bored of us being the same season after season, but it is down to me to respond to the losses and bad performances better each time. I don't like switching off but at the moment it seems to work for me.

Who knows, maybe I will put Spurs on tonight as I do love them deep down, and maybe I'll need some loving on here.

Also that last comment did make me smile, my wife doesn't really like football. I took her to AVBs last game against Liverpool, when we were dating and she said "Tottenham aren't very good are they?".

Also that last comment did make me smile, my wife doesn't really like football. I took her to AVBs last game against Liverpool, when we were dating and she said "Tottenham aren't very good are they?".

I hope you tell her every week how lucky she is to have you. Most would have not turned her into the wife for such a comment :D

As always I am super keen to see the latest instalment of the Spurs Soap Opera.

There are usually 5 boring nights of the week when Spurs don't play, then 2 interesting nights of the week when Spurs do play.

Try not to let it affect you so much, it is entertainment.

By the way, regarding tonight's performance... did you see that "defending" from Leicester earlier when Legia Warsaw scored?
The DM didn't tackle him properly, whilst the CB just stood off and let him shoot.

If that had been our DM and CB they would be fed into the SpursBlender and sprayed onto the training pitches as fertiliser.

Why would one assume that Dele is in the middle three and GLC in the front, when sanity would have it the other way round? Oh well, will be fun to see how Scarlett does.

Why would one assume that Dele is in the middle three and GLC in the front, when sanity would have it the other way round? Oh well, will be fun to see how Scarlett does.
I hope that Dele and GLC can work out a rotation as to who is further forward --- got to have Dele ghosting into a forward position a la the late Martin Peters as that is what he is most effective and productive doing.

So frustrating that Romero and Lo Celso will be on the bench again vs Villa.

Good luck to young Scarlett.

Yeah, also very disappointing that Skipp isn't rested for the w/e

On the plus side it will be enjoyable to see Gil play and hopefully he or Scarlett can grab a goal.

COYS!

Back