• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ns Mura

I must have watched a different game than most. I thought apart from Skipp our passing and movement was awful, Dele and LoCelso played like millionaire philanthropist with the ball. Much as I dislike the Charlie Hughes game it's much better to watch than our playing in a telephone box style.

There is an argument he had better options on the bench tonight.
But most of those options were on the pitch in those two games, just not playing their positions.
Why wait until you have lost 3 games and 10 goals to put round pegs in round holes?

Some good things ( Lo Celso playing in CM, Romero and Rodon looking good as a pairing, Kane looking more like his old self) Alli once again not doing himself many favours, Doherty was poor again though and i do not think we will see him often.

The opposition were poor but a win is a win and lets hope it carrys on.

I haven’t seen the game but to bring on Kane, Son and Moura - was it because we were looking vulnerable after they scored?

I haven’t seen the game but to bring on Kane, Son and Moura - was it because we were looking vulnerable after they scored?
Not really. We were in full control, but I think Nuno wanted to inject some more intensity into the team. We were beginning to slow it down a tad too much, but I don't think we'd really needed to bring on all 3 of them.

Some good things ( Lo Celso playing in CM, Romero and Rodon looking good as a pairing, Kane looking more like his old self) Alli once again not doing himself many favours, Doherty was poor again though and i do not think we will see him often.

The opposition were poor but a win is a win and lets hope it carrys on.

Agree with that. Also thought Skipp is looking good, a couple of bloopers but overall solid. All the goals were good especially Kane's first (team goal - Rodon, Gio, Sonny, Kane in a matter of seconds!). Theirs was brilliant.

Downsides? West Ham got 50K attendance, we managed 25K. Kings X was crawling with them and the train back to Leeds doubly so (all talking about havin' it large with the Rapid Ultras o_O) Hoping we don't get a repeat on Sunday, although at least we should have similar numbers aboard.

I didn’t think so, the goal didn’t come from concerted pressure, it was a good strike, but from a bad clearance and not closed down.

I did say they like to shoot from outside the box. Kane made some very well timed runs for his goals. Nuno needed to make the changes, we had taken out foot off the pedal.These are pampered athletes they can play a few games in a week.

Last edited:
I didn’t think so, the goal didn’t come from concerted pressure, it was a good strike, but from a bad clearance and not closed down.
The goal did come somewhat out of the blue, but Mura upped their game in the middle third of the game and at 2-1 we weren't in full control the way it looked early on.

Scarlett was tiring and is still a kid, Gil was OK, but not great, Alli was up and down. The subs made the risk of not winning a lot smaller. The risk wasn't that great to begin with perhaps, but Nuno took decisive action because that risk was unacceptable.

The goal did come somewhat out of the blue, but Mura upped their game in the middle third of the game and at 2-1 we weren't in full control the way it looked early on.

Scarlett was tiring and is still a kid, Gil was OK, but not great, Alli was up and down. The subs made the risk of not winning a lot smaller. The risk wasn't that great to begin with perhaps, but Nuno took decisive action because that risk was unacceptable.

What i don't understand is why he changed it straight away on Thursday when the chances were we would still win, yet waited until half time against arsenal before changing anything. Game was done by then.

What i don't understand is why he changed it straight away on Thursday when the chances were we would still win, yet waited until half time against arsenal before changing anything. Game was done by then.

Managers really don't like to change things before half time. Takes an extremely brave and honest one.

Is that also his 13th hat trick for Spurs? I can only find this stat from about a year ago:

Hat-trick.jpg

Hmmm. Is this another example of football only starting in 1992?

Jimmy Greaves got 15 for THFC alone.

Back