• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Nottingham Forest FC ***

Do you think a CF makes Werner and Johnson take their defenders on? I can't see it, neither are dribblers they need space. A CF doesn't change the pace of the play, we play methodically, it's often the case we will have defenders ready and positioned.
It would make a difference in that their cbs can’t step out
That then means their full backs are one on one
What we have is no striker so the CB backs up his FB l

Don't want to get ahead of myself. But I had been hoping we beat Arse. Just don't see it. Especially now they seem to know how to defend but anything is possible.

It would make a difference in that their cbs can’t step out
That then means their full backs are one on one
What we have is no striker so the CB backs up his FB l
Maybe, but that's relying on there being the space to run into neither has that innate desire to beat their man with the ball at their feet and for me giving the pace of our play and the way we try to dissect opposition defences they always likely to be in a settled position. The lack of a 1v1 attacker just seems like a glaring problem for me.

• Disagree
Reactions: jrh
The worst thing about their goal was that it wasn’t even in transition. We were actually in our defensive shape. But Werner leaves their full-back, and Udogie inexplicably sprints towards him and then doesn’t run back with him. Can’t tell how much of it is Destiny’s fault, and how much is Ange’s system / instructions putting huge physical and defensive strain on the full-backs.

The worst thing about their goal was that it wasn’t even in transition. We were actually in our defensive shape. But Werner leaves their full-back, and Udogie inexplicably sprints towards him and then doesn’t run back with him. Can’t tell how much of it is Destiny’s fault, and how much is Ange’s system / instructions putting huge physical and defensive strain on the full-backs.
Yeah to be fair Udogie looks fudged, can't run or recover like he was earlier in the season. Energy was always going to be a problem at the tail end of Ange's first season I think

I think with our system if you haven't got midfielder who will bust a gonad* to get back and help defend, it will always be a struggle.

Their goal was a prime example of that

Udogie is upfield, VdV comes across to cover and they have a player strolling into space with Bissouma jogging back and watching him.

Reactions: jrh
Back