• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v MILLWALL ***

i disagree, you stand their taking the tinkle expect them to take the tinkle back

that was a disproportionate response

and yeah, it might not have been as bad as the 70's or 80's, but surely we've come further than this in 40 odd years

it was a bunch of tossers behaving like children, football is family entertainment, you don't turn up and get a bit fighty, be a fudging grown up

everyone involved is a clam and the club should ban them for life

I agree it was a disproportionate response, but we live in the real world where some people aren't nice. Football is not family entertainment it's a game with mass appeal, I've taken my son and grandson hoping they will get interested and play the game which is far more satisfying than watching will ever be.

My friend went to the Millwall game and told me what was happening. Look on youtube and you will not believe what you are looking at. Honestly it's like something out of the 70s/80s. Now, I love the banter, and to be honest I don't have a PC or liberal bone in my body, but that is just ridiculous

Sorry but that's as tame as you'll get. For someone who claims to have been following Spurs for so long, I think you'd know that.
i disagree, you stand their taking the tinkle expect them to take the tinkle back

that was a disproportionate response

and yeah, it might not have been as bad as the 70's or 80's, but surely we've come further than this in 40 odd years

it was a bunch of tossers behaving like children, football is family entertainment, you don't turn up and get a bit fighty, be a fudging grown up

everyone involved is a clam and the club should ban them for life

Who proclaimed football is family entertainment? Unless you are watching it on tv as a family event. Yes it's a sport you can take kids to, and you can go to a family designated area for cost reasons or because you are sensitive to what your child might hear.
But football-supporting is tribal and emotive and just a little bit aggressive (in a non violent way). I would hate for that to be taken away and for the supporting to become some kind of anodyne spectator event like rugby or cricket (or baseball or NFL).

lol he's an idioot only because he wasn't ready for what was coming.
if you are going to give some, better be eager to take some back, and ready to give back some more!

lol he's an idioot only because he wasn't ready for what was coming.
if you are going to give some, better be eager to take some back, and ready to give back some more!

Luck it wasn't me he thumped as he would have probably broken his hand. You see, I am proper ard

My friend went to the Millwall game and told me what was happening. Look on youtube and you will not believe what you are looking at. Honestly it's like something out of the 70s/80s. Now, I love the banter, and to be honest I don't have a PC or liberal bone in my body, but that is just ridiculous

Surely this doesn't come as a surprise to you?

What went on at the Park Lane/High Rd junction near the Corner Pin is a regular occurrence at derby games, especially the NLD.

Needless to say, you (oh sorry, i mean the goons) will be warmly welcomed again in April.

It's not the 70's/80's ...no-ones really breaking the lines and having a full scale punch up....its just taunts and name calling.

Surely this doesn't come as a surprise to you?

What went on at the Park Lane/High Rd junction near the Corner Pin is a regular occurrence at derby games, especially the NLD.

Needless to say, you (oh sorry, i mean the goons) will be warmly welcomed again in April.

It's not the 70's/80's ...no-ones really breaking the lines and having a full scale punch up....its just taunts and name calling.

It's actually all a bit of a catch-22 - because I'd wager a large proportion of those who 'get involved' in this kind of thing do so purely because of the protection afforded by the police...

the problem is that people feel they can behave differently at a football match, if idiot 2 arrived at the office water cooler to find idiot 1 singing about hating his football club he wouldn't be swinging

same with the larger crowd in the other video,they'll be heading to an office in a suit this morning, dropping their kids off at school, being normal human beings, one of those behaviours is false and for most if not all of them it was that shown at the weekend

nothing that happens between fans outside a ground has any impact on what happens on the pitch

Hard to disagree with any of that.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Before the big day there was a poster on here assuring us that is not the 80s and all will be OK, LOL. I can't be bothered to go back and find who it was, but I am sure they feel a bit silly now. I absolutely HATE any sort of violence, partly because I am very old, partly because I am a whimp, but mainly because I am an adult. However, every cloud has a silver lining. I preferred football when it was a working mans game, and have always thought it strange a bloke wants to take his wife and family to the Lane. There are cinemas for that sort of thing. Making football a family sport has contributed to the demise of football. You only have to look at matches on the continent to see how much better their atmosphere is than ours, but unfortunately they suffer from more violence than us. I honestly don't know the answer, but that doesn't stop me seeing the problem.

Back