• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United***

You can't forget the two times we have won there recently.

One of which came against a Ferguson team, no less.

And we were without Kane. And Wanyama. And half-fit Rose and Dembele. Four first teamers.

This single game doesn't alone define our season or act as an overall gauge to our progress.

A blind man can see we're much better than we were 5 or 10 years ago.

Exactly! To push United to the brink without Kane is nothing to hang ones head about.

Quite Didsapointed to see Sanchez dropped for this game. We always lack direct pace against balls through or over the middle. It feels like Poch dropped Sanchez so that United could not target him like in the Uefa Cup Final.

I thought Dier played well but he is prone to pace. The flick on picked up pace but Jan could have been closer as well.

The dele chance you can see that Smalling actually kicked Deles foot a little which altered how he contacted the pass.

Unite just wasted time after that game. Apart from that header from lukaku they never threatened. But we did not worry De Gea either.

We are without Wanyama, Rose, Kane, Lamela and controlled most of the game. But without Kane we lack a real focal point.

You can't forget the two times we have won there recently.

One of which came against a Ferguson team, no less.

And we were without Kane. And Wanyama. And half-fit Rose and Dembele. Four first teamers.

This single game doesn't alone define our season or act as an overall gauge to our progress.

A blind man can see we're much better than we were 5 or 10 years ago.

Not arguing with your final point at all. The last two games do make me question how far we’ve come mentally, though - still too much evidence that we can be fragile. Until we sort that, and (the linked point of) our poor away record against the top six, we will struggle to take the next step.

I’m hoping Poch is the man to eventually sort that, though - he’s sorted plenty of other things.

Managed to find a pub in Wales showing the match. Full of United fans, so that was fun.

Personally thought it was a poor game to watch, but once again finishing was the difference, think they had about 3 chances. One they took, one hit the post and one narrowly went over. We had probably 2, the one from Sissoko which is still in orbit and the Alli chance near the end.
On another day, Alli probably scores it and we come over away with a scrappy win.

Sadly they took their chance, we didnt.

Didnt expect us to get anything there, so actually not as disappointed as I actually was on Weds night

Not arguing with your final point at all. The last two games do make me question how far we’ve come mentally, though - still too much evidence that we can be fragile. Until we sort that, and (the linked point of) our poor away record against the top six, we will struggle to take the next step.

I’m hoping Poch is the man to eventually sort that, though - he’s sorted plenty of other things.

We won’t change our mentality until we win BIG games on a consistent basis!
It’s a chicken and egg scenario, sadly.
It’s why today was maybe a mental problem. More than a football problem, if you get my drift.
You don’t wake up in the morning and suddenly feel confident!
You beat Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool,City and United 9 out of ten times every season.
Easy this confidence thing!

No but if suits the negative nature of a lot of our fans

I’d say people on here are overwhelmingly positive. It’s good to take stock of exactly where we are in the great scheme of things sometimes, though, and that’s what this week has allowed us to do. Plenty of forward progress already made - but still a way to go to become real winners.

When we hear Spurs buying the likes of Sancho from Dortmund and Foden from City and ahead of the normal competition. That will also show us moving up the pecking order

I’d say people on here are overwhelmingly positive. It’s good to take stock of exactly where we are in the great scheme of things sometimes, though, and that’s what this week has allowed us to do. Plenty of forward progress already made - but still a way to go to become real winners.

The reaction after the game on here had lots of people grabbing any negatives they could

This week is one of many and yes the results didn’t go the way we wanted but that’s football

It’s a strange season already as city if they carry on Would get over 100 points

We would get the same as last season

And West Ham would get relegated

No it isn't the same thing that's the bloody point - he/we treat the cups the same as every other side - rotated team in the league cup and early rounds of FA when able and progressively stronger sides as the competition wares on and you have a more likely chance of winning - same as everyone else.

It is fine to rotate in Cups but the part I agree with Dubai is that it is NOT fine for Poch to say it is not our priority. He is trying to install a winning mentality. To do so, we first need to be WINNERS. Given that the PL and Champions League are not really very likely given the the doped up nature of our rivals, the first step is to win something...ANYTHING. Get the players to believe they are winners - to themselves as much as anyone else. First steps and all that.

For me, in clutch games, our supposed world class players don't show up. Eriksen is probably the most guilty of this lack of mental fortitude with Ali and Dier not far behind. Today Eriksen and Ali were again particularly disappointing for me. Apart for one moment, the game largely passed them by and there was only that one hint of magic. Eriksen was guilty of losing possession so many times and again his delivery from dead balls was dire. With Llorente on, it was necessary for Eriksen to grip the game by the neck and deliver some telling crosses. It is in games like this that those players need to show what they can do. Give them a couple of League Cup or FA Cup triumphs and they may just start showing the mental strength that winners need.

Well that was boring. Knew when Dele missed we wouldn't win this. Manure were too tight at the back, and with no Kane we really struggled to unlock their impressive defensive unit.

It's an annoying loss, but not the worst game to lose over the course of the season.

Well that was boring. Knew when Dele missed we wouldn't win this. Manure were too tight at the back, and with no Kane we really struggled to unlock their impressive defensive unit.

It's an annoying loss, but not the worst game to lose over the course of the season.

Well it is, and isn't, the worst game to lose. To hand three points to a title rival isn't ideal.

Back