• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United***

Hehe. Nah, I'm tinkled off, but honestly, we didn't create much in that half, Dele should've put away his big big chance, but apart from that we didn't create anything. We looked a bit afraid at times, in my opinion, like the occasion got to us or something (what fudging occasion?). United got at least 4 big chances and put away one of their's. Can't complain about them winning, really. We were the better team in the first half, but overall, they just created more chances than us, and seemed to want it more, unfortunately. Are we really the Harry Kane team? I don't think so, but we would've benefited from having him today, no doubt.
Four BIG chances? That's not what the stats say. It might feel like it from a fan's point of you, but you have to put in perspective the quality of the chances.

It was the only clear cut chance of the game
There was another one by Sissoko from the top of the box with de Gea out of position and their defense all over the place that he skied. Had it been Harry that was going in. I count that as another big chance.

That's not the best way to judge chances. If you have twenty shots on target from outside the box but all of them were saved, versus an opponent who had four shots on target that all went in, from the center of the box, with no one around the strikers...who had the better chances?
Depends on the xG. It was pretty even, regardless of how you might have felt watching the game.

It is not about the squad selection only. It is about the utterances by the manager. The manager is responsible for the attitude of the players to the game.
Care to elaborate? What utterances do you have in mind and how did they affect the attitude of the players?

Four BIG chances? That's not what the stats say. It might feel like it from a fan's point of you, but you have to put in perspective the quality of the chances.

United only shot that was classed as being on target in the first half was the free kick that was going wide from Rashford

Second half they had a few chances as we know but we conceded from oBe we should have dealt with

Obviously and absolutely not, but it is a huge weakness to address if we are going to make the next step, as is Poch’s use of substitutions.
Well, the way you wrote it it sounded like the manager sucks. Maybe I misinterpreted. But can we please give the guy some time. We weren't supposed to be where we were last season and we're ahead of schedule, but there are still some things to iron out. So be patient. And also bear in mind that it is very difficult to win away to a top 6 side, even if you're a top 6 side. Just look at how many points top 6 sides have taken from us in the past couple of years and you'll understand.

Well, the way you wrote it it sounded like the manager sucks. Maybe I misinterpreted. But can we please give the guy some time. We weren't supposed to be where we were last season and we're ahead of schedule, but there are still some things to iron out. So be patient. And also bear in mind that it is very difficult to win away to a top 6 side, even if you're a top 6 side. Just look at how many points top 6 sides have taken from us in the past couple of years and you'll understand.
I just did. Between them the collective billionaire almightiness of United, Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Chelsea have managed just 7 points out of a possible 36 at WHL / Wembley since the start of 2015/16 season.

Perspective.

Depends on the xG. It was pretty even, regardless of how you might have felt watching the game.

Ah, our xG was actually higher then their's. Thanks for posting. Alli really should've put away his.
I don't think xG is that useful in looking at a single game. Trying to assess the chances objectively with the naked eye is likely going to be more accurate as the sample sizes are so small. It's a somewhat improved shot statistic.

I don't think xG is that useful in looking at a single game. Trying to assess the chances objectively with the naked eye is likely going to be more accurate as the sample sizes are so small. It's a somewhat improved shot statistic.
I think the naked eye can over or underestimate these chances.

It does, because it looks at subjective data in a more objective way thanks to using a very large sample size.
But a single game isn't a large sample. Those shots are compared to a large sample and then calculated up against of effective shots from those positions usually are. But the sample from the one game is small.

But a single game isn't a large sample. Those shots are compared to a large sample and then calculated up against of effective shots from those positions usually are. But the sample from the one game is small.

It's the total sum of shots from the game in question - it wouldn't be possible to get a larger sample size than that

It's the total sum of shots from the game in question - it wouldn't be possible to get a larger sample size than that
Not sure if serious...

Like I said above, a single game it's not that informative. Over several games, a higher sample size, there's more information there. It's clearly possible to get a larger sample over multiple games than in one.

But XG is just the distance from goal. Hence it is useful over 'many' games, but for one game can be misleading e.g. an open goal from 6 yards versus a rebound at your throat with 8 men on the line from 6 yards.

Not sure if serious...

Like I said above, a single game it's not that informative. Over several games, a higher sample size, there's more information there. It's clearly possible to get a larger sample over multiple games than in one.
The discussion is about who had the better chances in this one game though...

The sample size is what it is by virtue of that - compared to a vast sample size our XG in this game was better than there's - which pretty much sums up the 'who had the better chances in this game' debate

we just beat Madrid though so who cares... :D

The discussion is about who had the better chances in this one game though...

The sample size is what it is by virtue of that - compared to a vast sample size our XG in this game was better than there's - which pretty much sums up the 'who had the better chances in this game' debate

No it doesn't. Sober up, think and discuss tomorrow!

Back