• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V manchester united***

Weakness where pointed out by most fans weeks ago.

Cm - too weak, needs an old head
Wide forward - no pace
Striker - to change formation/ other options

Yeah, we knew these things before the window even opened. And you do feel that those options would have made a difference to the outcome of this game. Points thrown away , perhaps. Penny wise, pound foolish and all that.

Dont think I've ever been less excited going into an opening day fixture for as long as I can remember. In the past I would be chomping at the bit, heart racing, filled with excitement and expectation. This morning however, I felt very little apart from the dreaded expectation that it would be a dull lifeless peformance. Much as I dared to dream that it would be different, its exactly what I expected.

Dont let the scoreline fool anyone. Utd are'nt even that good and they did'nt even need to break sweat to beat us today. People can rattle as many ifs, buts and maybes as they like, it changes nothing. Same old same old.

Haha - don't blame spurs if you've lost your passion for the game, perhaps you didn't really give a fudge in the first place!

The way they closed us down and denied us space will counter your ridiculous claims. Add to that the fact that we scored for them and their one shot on target after 64 minutes makes your statement look even more stupid.

Yeah, we knew these things before the window even opened. And you do feel that those options would have made a difference to the outcome of this game. Points thrown away , perhaps. Penny wise, pound foolish and all that.

The cm should have been sorted as soon as the defence had been.

The passing and ball retention was terrible

Dont think I've ever been less excited going into an opening day fixture for as long as I can remember. In the past I would be chomping at the bit, heart racing, filled with excitement and expectation. This morning however, I felt very little apart from the dreaded expectation that it would be a dull lifeless peformance. Much as I dared to dream that it would be different, its exactly what I expected.

Dont let the scoreline fool anyone. Utd are'nt even that good and they did'nt even need to break sweat to beat us today. People can rattle as many ifs, buts and maybes as they like, it changes nothing. Same old same old.

I'm sorry but thats the dumbest thing i've read so far. you're telling me a team that's in the Champs league, has a midfield of Carrick, Mata, Schneiderlin, Memphis, and Young (not to mention Schweinsteiger coming off the bench...) "isn't that good"? 3 or 4 of those players would walk into our first 11 right now. let me ask you this as well, how many chances did they create?

we were average, United were sh!t...thats now 3 games in a row under Poch where we have struggled to score against United

To be fair, only 3 teams conceded less goals last year than United and they've obviously improved at the RB spot. It's not like everybody else is having an easy go of it.. also, did you ever stop to think that maybe our solidity (apart from a few errant midfield passes) was a reason they looked somewhat pedestrian?

Not surprised bentaleb ****ed up nor suprised we didn't score .. Harmless performance against another average team .. This Spurs teaming crying out for two new centremidfield players ...players who know how to care of ball bother defsively and a creative one .. Mason much more comfortable on ball than bentaleb but still not good enough .. Wide players with pace and effectiveness needed .. Chadli great chance late on to do something and ended up doing nothing .. Kane off the pace IMO too but expected .. Had few chances to nick a draw but not good enough .. Another self inflicted loss

again.. average = West Ham, Swansea, Stoke, Everton, etc..

I do agree with the self inflicted loss part, just one horrific pass cost us. We played well as a whole though. it amazes me that people can't see that.

The main thing that is lacking for me is a little bit of intelligence in the final third. How many times did we find ourselves in a great position only for the final pass to be lacking?

You also need to realise that there are two teams on the pitch - they closed us down very well at times and also created next to nothing. All this after a confidence boost from Bentaleb's moment of madness AT HOME!

definite problem last season

I can actually see us playing with a pacy goalscorer (N'jie/Berahino links) instead of Chadli.

As someone else said, Kane dropped deep and he and Eriksen just knocked the ball around the UTD players only for the ball to move out wide to a full back with no-one to aim at. In these cases a second forward/goalscorer would be great as they would move ahead of Kane and pick up some good positions. Chadli did do this at times today and he did make some good supporting runs that weren't spotted, but one of those players mentionned would offer something different.

It's not so much the absence of a second forward (which is what you meant by "goalscorer", I think) that is the problem for us, IMO.

It is the absence of what Arthur Rowe originally, and subsequently Billy Nick, would have referred to as third man running. That man could be a forward, a winger, a midfielder or even a full back. And at the moment we have too little of it happening.

To be fair, only 3 teams conceded less goals last year than United and they've obviously improved at the RB spot. It's not like everybody else is having an easy go of it.. also, did you ever stop to think that maybe our solidity (apart from a few errant midfield passes) was a reason they looked somewhat pedestrian?

the exceptional DeGea

My pubathon was not great (on top of the homer commentary) - so how did others think Alli do when he came on ?. Not much mentioned thus far.

Did OK; didn't look overawed. Took one for the team when Young, I think it was, threatened to break away, but couldn't really make much of an impact, any more than any of the rest of them.

I'm sorry but thats the dumbest thing i've read so far. you're telling me a team that's in the Champs league, has a midfield of Carrick, Mata, Schneiderlin, Memphis, and Young (not to mention Schweinsteiger coming off the bench...) "isn't that good"? 3 or 4 of those players would walk into our first 11 right now. let me ask you this as well, how many chances did they create?

again.. average = West Ham, Swansea, Stoke, Everton, etc..

I do agree with the self inflicted loss part, just one horrific pass cost us. We played well as a whole though. it amazes me that people can't see that.

Exactly this ... Honestly from the bitching going on here, it seems that people believe we were supposed to wipe the floor with manure.

Add the fact that just over a season ago top 4 sides were hammering us, it was a very credible performance.

Agree with early poster, some of the stuff on this board is just a total killjoy.

Exactly this ... Honestly from the bitching going on here, it seems that people believe we were supposed to wipe the floor with manure.

Add the fact that just over a season ago top 4 sides were hammering us, it was a very credible performance.

Agree with early poster, some of the stuff on this board is just a total killjoy.

Man Utd haven't hammered us for a while.

Today was a poor performance, about from the last 5 minutes and the first 5-10 we never looked like scoring.

The passing today was absolutely terrible and United spent most of it in second gear

We lost due to one mistake, had two golden chances. Looked ok. Not massively upset. We desperately need a proper wing forward and a proper midfield goal scorer. Maybe an experienced DM for backup

Man Utd haven't hammered us for a while.

Today was a poor performance, about from the last 5 minutes and the first 5-10 we never looked like scoring.

The passing today was absolutely terrible and United spent most of it in second gear

Nonsense. They were tight in midfield, as you would expect them to be. But they were never remotely close to being in control of the game.

And even if we rarely threatened, they hardly looked like scoring at all.

We lost due to one mistake, had two golden chances. Looked ok. Not massively upset. We desperately need a proper wing forward and a proper midfield goal scorer. Maybe an experienced DM for backup
Experienced back up ? lol .. Ridiculous .. We need a proper cm whether defensive or otherwise instead of bentaleb .. Let him learn and earn his spot over new signing .. Today's performance by him was truly Brutal and it's not first time his passing has woeful .

Last edited:
Nonsense. They were tight in midfield, as you would expect them to be. But they were never remotely close to being in control of the game.

And even if we rarely threatened, they hardly looked like scoring at all.
At one point the had 87% possession.

I would say that's in control

Was worried about this one. See positives on last year. We already new we need a striker winger and midfielder. Hopefully we get at least two of the three

why dont you just communicate with the happy with the performance people then? :)Take your positivity towards those with a similar opinion. You dont have to respond to people who have a different view to you....there is no need to be so sensitive.

if you are happy and hopeful of better to come from the team then fantastic, but just let others say what they want without you needing to have a go back with your "bitching" "slit wristing" "killjoy" observations

live and let live;)

why dont you just communicate with the happy with the performance people then? :)Take your positivity towards those with a similar opinion. You dont have to respond to people who have a different view to you....there is no need to be so sensitive.

if you are happy and hopeful of better to come from the team then fantastic, but just let others say what they want without you needing to have a go back with your "bitching" "slit wristing" "killjoy" observations

live and let live;)

You're in favour of letting others say what they want but you don't want Raziel to say the kind of thing that he said?

Contradiction?

;)

You're in favour of letting others say what they want but you don't want Raziel to say the kind of thing that he said?

Contradiction?

;)

about the team............whats the point in constantly attacking fellow posters just because they have a different view

about the team............whats the point in constantly attacking fellow posters just because they have a different view

I do concede the point.

But I also happen to agree with Raziel that some of the reaction to a somewhat unfortunate and undeserved defeat at Old Trafford, on the first day of the season is......baffling.....(to be tactful). ;)

Back