• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City ***

I really think we should try a back 4 soon. Especially in matches like this.

We shouldn’t be playing six defensive players against Leicester. Even five is probably too many. I say six as Emerson is a defender who isnt a right wing back. Then back 3 and two holding midfielders. Perisic I’ve allowed as a more attacking player as he has an attacking instinct and can deliver in attacking positions.

We need to take the game to Leicester, not have so many players sat deep as we wait for Leicester to give us the ball so that we can attack.

Can't get to this one, so some lucky so and so has lucked out on the ticket exchange.
Always pessimistic about Spurs, not least because Leicester are due a win sometime, and who better to see than Doctor Tottenham?
Fearing the worst but hoping we smash, smash, smash them so badly, their fans demand a refund.

I suppose they are under pressure to try and get that first win aren't they, Which means we might finally face a side that leaves themselves more open and play right into our hands.
Or...
Rodgers has watched our recent games and seen how you just need to park the bus to stop our counter attacking and also send someone to stick close to Kane whenever he drops deep and you stiffle all our threat!

One of these two scenarios will play out.

We shouldn’t be playing six defensive players against Leicester. Even five is probably too many. I say six as Emerson is a defender who isnt a right wing back. Then back 3 and two holding midfielders. Perisic I’ve allowed as a more attacking player as he has an attacking instinct and can deliver in attacking positions.

We need to take the game to Leicester, not have so many players sat deep as we wait for Leicester to give us the ball so that we can attack.
100% this !!!
Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack

I think 3-4-3 can be very attacking if you have the right players in it. If we had a Perisic or Sess equivalent on the right then it could look very different (I think Spence could be). You have 5 bona fide attacking players then.

Davies/Lenglet and Romero would see a lot of the ball and have the licence to push on when needed also.

i think we’ve seen that when this system clicks with the right personnel then it’s very good. Just not much is clicking at the moment, more like clunking along.

Last edited:
I think 3-4-3 can be very attacking if you have the right players in it. If we had a Perisic or Sess equivalent on the right then it could look very different (I think Spence could be). You have 5 bona fide attacking players then.

Davies/Lenglet and Romero would see a lot of the ball and have the licence to push on when needed also.

i think we’ve seen that when this system clicks with the right personnel then it’s very good. Just not much is clicking at the moment, more like clunking along.

But that’s if we have the right players. As it is, opponents know they can focus ok defending the left side of our team as Emerson Royal offers too litte in attacking positions. And then Conte rests Kulusevski so we have zero from that side.

Are we obligated to sign Kulusevski? As otherwise…conspiracy theory… what if Conte wante to join Juventus at end of season and to keep Kulusevski there. I know thats extremely unlikely but so is dropping most creative player for 3 matches in a row as it negates our attack.

I think Levy needs to get Conte to sign a new contract soon regardless. Imagine if players start thinking that Conte could leave next summer.

But that’s if we have the right players. As it is, opponents know they can focus ok defending the left side of our team as Emerson Royal offers too litte in attacking positions. And then Conte rests Kulusevski so we have zero from that side.

Are we obligated to sign Kulusevski? As otherwise…conspiracy theory… what if Conte wante to join Juventus at end of season and to keep Kulusevski there. I know thats extremely unlikely but so is dropping most creative player for 3 matches in a row as it negates our attack.

I think Levy needs to get Conte to sign a new contract soon regardless. Imagine if players start thinking that Conte could leave next summer.
We have the option to renew Conte's contract for another year, so that's two years that he could be with us still. However, we all know that contracts mean fudge all to Conte. If he is not satisfied, he will walk, whether there are 10 years left on his contract or 1 week.

And maybe incoming players would look at a manager's contract, to know that they will be playing under that manager for a while. But I don't think that players already at the club look at a manager's contract length to decide whether to show up and perform. Nuno had almost 3 years left on his contract, but that didn't seem to make any difference. What the players will look at is his personality and whether he will lead them to success.

We have already triggered the deal to buy Kulu, just delayed the actual purchase

Very much this. Time to give Son a rest, and let him wreak havoc on the counter for the final 30 minutes or so, when Leicester are chasing the game. Hopefully.

I actually think it would do Son good. Less pressure off the bench, tireder defenders. At the moment he might be playing with the fear of losing his place and might even see the unfairness of the situation in regard to Kulu. Could set him free to be benched. Think the harmony of a squad relies on fairness to some extent.

I agree with most on Kulu must play and Son should be the one to be rested, he doesnt look confident at the moment and is struggling, I would like to see a change at RWB simply to see if it does make us more effective and would also like to see Dier rested/subbed to see how that would work out if the situation of the game should allow.

Back