• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Juventus ***

This. I'm really nervous, as I badly want us to win, but when we drew Juventus I saw both these games as bonus matches essentially. If we win, fantastic, if not, then at least we've met some top top opponents this year and we've done well.

Not saying we should be happy to go out obviously, but I think we should all take tonight in and just enjoy the occasion. :)
I saw the draw as playing an equal, if not slightly worse team than us. I don't feel there is any team in the competition that is that much better than us, so I don't see any game as a bonus match. I know that if we bring our A game it will be a formality. The one thing I am nervous about is whether we will bring our A game.

Do away goals count after extra time or on 90 mins?

Edit. 90 mins.....this is good as even if Juve do get their goal....we are 1 goal from going thru.

It has been a good CL campaign so far this season. Our win against Real Madrid in the group stage will be fondly remembered by fans and the media in future. But we have a chance to do even better by progressing to the Quarter finals at least. We did really well to come back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 in the first leg at Juventus. Due to that, we don't need to win the second leg to progress. We can progress on away goals rule if we avoid conceding more than 1 goal here. Let's hope we can play well and get a convincing win over Juventus to progress.

Kane did well to score against Juventus in the first leg. But he has not been at his best in recent matches. Hope he can find his best form and get a goal or two against Juventus. Apart from Kane, we also need others like Eriksen, Son and Lamela to help our attack. Lamela played well in the first leg. So, it will be wise to start Lamela again as his creativity and work rate will be usefull. Alli has not been in good form this season despite having 8 assists in the league. So, maybe Lamela can start instead of Alli. Son has been in good goal scoring form at home this seaosn. Maybe he can get a goal to help us in this match. Moura can come on later in the match to help our attacks.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. Our midfield of Dembele and Dier did well to control the first leg match. We will need them to be at their best again. Dembele has been in great form recently. Hope he can inspire us again. I think we should start Wanyama instead of Dier in this match. We need to stop Juventus getting any chances in midfield. This is where Wanyama will be more useful than Dier.

We need a match winning performance from our defence. After all, we can progress to the next stage if we don't concede any goals. Too bad Alderweireld is not fit for this match. Hope Sanchez will have an error free match with Vertonghen in defence. We need to avoid getting too ambitious in defence and avoid giving away any freekicks near our goal. Let's hope Llorie will be at his best to help us keep the clean sheet in this match.

It is going to be a tense match. Juventus are desperate to score and will be fired up from the start. We need to lift our game to stop them. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Juventus and progress to the Quarter Finals of the CL.

I did say that that the Real owner of AUTO OMT POST GENERATOR (AOPG) will be back.:)
I wonder if he has read the posts a few pages above ;)

Tottenham: Lloris (C), Trippier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane

Subs: Vorm, Rose, Wanyama, Sissoko, Lamela, Lucas, Llorente

Juventus: Buffon, Chiellini, Benatia, Sandro, Barzagli, Khedira, Pjanic, Costa, Matuidi, Dybala, Higuain

Bottom line is they have to score tonight....so although I don't want us to be defensive, at some point they will have to go for it.

And I reckon if they do score first they will retreat and do a stereotypical Italian job and protect that goal...at least if we equalise it f.cks them.

Team (virtually) picks itself with Aurier suspende and assuming Toby still not ready:

................Lloris..................

Trips....Sanchez.....Verts......Davies

.........Dier.......Dembele.........

Dele..........Eriksen........Son

...............Kane................

The only question is who Poch picks as subs.

As expected. No shocks. Llorente on the bench.

No arguments with the team, he had to pick Son with how he's been banging them in. Soon be kickoff, COYS!

Back