• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Juventus ***

Next year they will know better.
Exactly.
It took Fergie and Wenger a few years of regular CL football to learn all the little tricks you need.

Tonight we played against a club that knows all the tricks in the book and against Buffon and Chiellini, who know more than our whole squad does.

You learn more in defeat than in victory. And we will. Another season in CL next year and we'll have even more know how and be ready for it. In fact, I would say next season will be our first as an "established" CL team.

I hope the players can lift themselves. This would have taken allot of the the players. We might need to freshen up on Sunday. Rose, wanyama and Moura should start.

They have taken us out of the hardest group beating a favourite for the cup along the way. The players got done tonight. On wards and certainly upwards

My point is, if we are a nearly club it’s because we have nearly players, they can’t use it as an excuse to move elsewhere and claim some moral high ground.

Gutted the CL journey ended this year. But we will be back next season. Like it or not, we are still progressing. Becoming a bit more canny and skillful each year. Shame we can't catch a break or show a little more foresight. Poch is excellent at analysis and fixing things. What he needs to become a truly great coach is foresight. I'm not sure how you develop that. But Ferguson would give players a mental image of leaving the field having lost to ensure the team didn't have that feeling. At HT we needed to be ready to have a spell of backs to the wall fighting to protect our goal. With them needing 2, we had the game.

Despite the disappointment, we are the best team I think I've ever known at Spurs. There is everything to look forward to. I just hope Poch can dust the team down, learn himself about being proactive, and come back stronger and hungrier next time. We were so good in both games. If there is any way back for Toby, we need to find it.

Last edited:
Just got in and rewatched the highlights

Christ how did they get away with the fouls on son and Alli

Was it Lichtensteiner who punched him in the back

And how did they miss the stamp

And the shirt pulls

I think Allegri is right - he sensed a dip in our physicality and their players took advantage. I thought Chiellini's jump into Dele was hilarious at the time, because it was such an example of a great old pro trying to show the new kid who is boss. But I also thought it was funny because I know this Spurs gives it back just as much. You will never win every individual battle in a game like this but for that last 30 mins we probably lost the majority, and that is not something our game is built on.

With that said, I am still super proud. It is such as shame, and I think one of the most tiresome things in the world is football narratives. Yes, Juve are experienced, but we could have scored more, and we will score more in other games. We didn't only score 1 against Barnsley this year because they are so brilliant at the back etc...we played well. The players deserve massive credit. And I hope they don''t take this any other way than using it as fuel to keep doing what they have been doing.

At no time during this match did I feel like we were under pressure from their attack And that really hurts

I never noticed Dybala until he scored (great finish) and Higuain looked injured bug took his goal really well

I said it afterwards with my mate when walking out... that penalty to them may have helped us if it had been given and scored. We would have had to attack more and not play as we did. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Hugo have so many touches with his feet from pass backs

Barzagli's two stamps on Son and the subsequent kick after him were three red cards, really. I really hope UEFA take retrospective action. fudging horrible. He was clearly after injuring Son throughout the match. Dirty fudging bastard.

Chiellini can say what he want for all I care, he still hasnt won a CL and he never will.
I saw Son lying on the flooor after a couple of off the ball incidents but only now know why... Dirty fudger :mad: If the officials had seen it and sent him off then he wouldn’t have had the the chance to clear Kane’s header off the line in the 90tg minute!

I just had a look at the highlights (painful). You can go on about defensive nous and wily old Italians, and that is true to a point, but the bottom line is that with the chances we had the game should have been well over. We are not clinical enough and that was the difference between going through and not.

Gutted.
Just about thawed out from a frigid night at Wembley and still in shock that we lost the tie o_O Watching the highlights and reading the stats just compounds my bewilderment!

Bitterly disappointed with this defeat. This is typical Spurs, always lets you down when you put too much hope on them. After doing well to draw 2-2 in the first leg at Juventus, felt confident we would get at least a draw to progress. When we scored to lead 1-0, it looked almost impossible for us not to progress. Instead, in a traditional Spurs fashion, we somehow managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again ! Our lack of squad depth, especially lack of goal scoring players, and wastefulness in front of goal has been our main problem this season and this has come back to affect us now.

We had a mixed performance, dominating the match in patches but also let Juventus too much possession. Some of our key players like Kane and Eriksen also went missing for large part of the game. Son did well to score our only goal but he also wasted 3 chances to score as well. Kane has not been at his best in recent matches and he lacked the clinical touch in front of goal again. Kane had 2 chances to score which he wasted. He shot at side netting after rounding the goalie in the first half and his free header hit the post late in the match as well. Kane maybe one of the best strikers in the world now but he has to take his share of the blame for us going out of the CL. Over the 2 leg matches against Juventus, Kane scored 1 goal but wasted 4 or 5 chances to score.

I think we lost this match in midfield. Dembele and Dier played much better in the away match at Juventus but for some reason Dembele was not at his best here. This is why I wanted Lamela to start ahead of Son or Alli in this match. Lamela's work rate and tenacity would have helped our midfield defend much better. Thought Pochettino were too slow to bring on Lamela after we went down to 1-2. Alli seemed like too busy trying to get Juventus players booked rather than helping our attacks. Alli has not scored in his last 14 matches and he didn't look like scoring here as well. Disappointing that we didn't bring on Moura as his dribbling skills would have helped us. Not sure why we registered Moura for the CL when we don't want to use him when we badly needed it.

Our defence badly let us down in this match. Juventus didn't even look like scoring and only had 3 shots on target whole match but they still scored 2 goals from that. It is clear we badly missed Alderweireld. When we were first drawn against Juventus, I felt we would have better chance to progress only if Alderweireld was fully fit and this was proved here. Sanzhez simply lacks the composure of Alderweireld and his partnership with Vertonghen conceded 4 goals over 2 matches against Juventus which is not good enough if you want to progress to the Quarter finals of CL.

Find it hard to accept this defeat, being at home. It would have been much easier to accept if we had drawn at home and lost away. Maybe we were not really good in the CL this season. Too much hype was put into our wins over Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund who were both very poor in the group stages. It is clear we are not good enough to win the CL yet. Pochettino should try a win the League Cup/FA Cup first before trying to win the league. Only after winning the league, then we can aim to win the CL. Let's hope Pochettino has learned from this defeat and will go all out to win the FA Cup this season.

I think the difference today, was it was not the players themselves, but Poch and the management. Small margins, but maybe we walker and toby playing we see that out. Or if we make a sharp sub at 60 and sit deep when then changed shape, we see it out.

We played the better, had Juve well in our grasp, that's why its so frustrating. Poch needs to get our defensive foundation back. We can't concede 4 goals in the tie and expect to win. In short they defended better than us.
Yes, but if until the 60th minute they have done fudge all and we are comfortably on top, why disrupt things with a sub? I looked at their first goal again and had Davies been just a miisecond slower to react, Lichtsteiner would have been offside and the cross would have never happened. How things would have turned out after that is anyone's guess, but I think it would have been game over for Juve. This game wasn't lost on Poch not reacting (I mean, Allegri made his subs in the 61st min and they scored 3 mins after that, so even if Poch had reacted, it might still have been too late). The game was lost on very very very fine margins and luck being with Juve tonight.

upload_2018-3-7_21-55-25.png

Back