• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City, Sunday 27th October***

What do you think he needs to learn and what should he change as a result?

Apart from a couple of sloppy spells in the first half there hasn't been much wrong with our performance today. We've played at a good tempo and on another day at least a couple of throughballs will reach their intended recipient. We've been a fraction off precision wise. Hull have offered very little.

Well there you go.

Three very valuable points on the board.

Up to fourth in the League.

Sure, there are still problems to be addressed but we can do that while we're picking-up the points.

Well....we won, and like a smart soul in here just said, if we keep on winning while playing badly, we are bound to gel and play better at some point. If we´re still in contention after Christmas, spring could be exciting!

Apart from a couple of sloppy spells in the first half there hasn't been much wrong with our performance today. We've played at a good tempo and on another day at least a couple of throughballs will reach their intended recipient. We've been a fraction off precision wise. Hull have offered very little.

I agree. People are going to slaughter that performance, but I think undeservedly. Creativity is a problem, but tempo and passing were much improved today.

That was yet another really uninspiring performance. We need ball players on the pitch, surely Eriksen should start ahead of Holtby who did VERY little against both Villa and Hull?

Maybe we were good for the 5 minutes in the first half when I actually fell asleep?

What do you think he needs to learn and what should he change as a result?

He needs to learn that we lack creativity and one touch players centrally. The only one who we have who can bring that is Eriksen. He needs to play in the big games rather than Holtby, at least til we get someone to replace MOdric in CM

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how you can genuinely believe that. Results are all important in the end but that was a poor poor performance. Harper was barely troubled all game.

Hull, a team with 7 injuries and 4 players making their first PL start this season, offered far more than they should have done tbh.

We got lucky with the penalty imo and we need to sort this out asap because I'm not quite convinced we can go through the season doing this. A lot of bedding in and more efficient attacking to be done over the next few months.

Phew. That was very, very lucky. Deeply unfortunate for Hull, awful refereeing decision.

This win should not hide the deep structural problems that still exist for us when we play at home. We are slow, laboured and devoid of creativity, too often focusing our play down a two-metre-wide corridor in the centre rather than quickly recycling possession, stretching play wide, cutting back from the edge of the box, etcetera. Today that was partly because Jan was unadventurous at left-back (depriving Lennon and then Eriksen of outside options too often), but even when Rose finally returns from that 'minor' injury we still won't look remotely convincing until we learn to press more, recover faster, recycle possession quicker and more effectively, and understand each other's runs better.

I fear in the wait for all that to happen, there will be plenty more days like this one. And we won't always have a whistle-happy referee to bail us out.

Back