• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT** Tottenham Hotspur v Huddlestone Town 29th Sept

Our form in the league have been inconsistent this season. After winning our first 3 matches including the brilliant away win over ManU, we then lost to Watford and Liverpool before beating Brighton. That defeat to Waford away is very damaging to us, any way you look at it. We should be beating teams like Watford home and away if we want to stay in the title race. Similiarly, Huddersfied is another match we should be winning regardless of where we play. We did beat Huddersfield home and away last season. We will need to repeat that performance and result to stay in touch in the league. It is going to be a bit difficult to concentrate on this match due to us playing Barcelona in the CL on Wednesday. Hope all the players won't let Barcelona distract us from giving their best in this match.

Kane has not been at his best so far this season. He did score the penalty against Brighton. Let's hope Kane will find back his goal scoring boot in this match. Lamela is in red hot form now, scoring 2 goals and getting 1 assist in his 3 league matches so far. But Lamela still have not started a league match so far. I think Lamela deserves to start this match for proving his worth in all his substitute appearances. It will help us greatly if Lamela can continue his goal scoring run in this match. Moura started this season in great form, scoring 3 goals but he has not scored in 5 matches since then. Let's hope Moura can get a goal or two as well. Son too badly need a goal as he has not scored in his last 15 matches for us. I think we will miss Eriksen and Alli who are out injured.

Our midfield are still very inconsistent this season. This is largely due to injuries to Wanyama and Dembele who are still struggling for form. Wish we can have both Wanyama and Dembele back to their best in this match. Dier has become too error-prone but hope he will play well if starts this match. The return of Sissoko from injury problems will give us more options in midfield. Somehow feel Sissoko can still play a big part this season if he stays fully fit. So, want to see Sissoko play a part in this match.

Our defence is conceding too many goals this season. In fact, we cannot seem to stop conceding goals recently. Strangely, we have only kept clean sheet against ManU away this season. Vertonghen and Alderweireld are our best defenders but they too have not been at their best this season. Alderweireld not playing much of last season seem to have made him rusty. We badly need Alderweireld back to his best. Too bad Lloris is still out injured. But Gazzaniga did well to help us beat Watford in the League Cup. We will need him to continue his good form in this match. Let's hope our defence will play to their best potential and keep the clean sheet in this match.

Huddersfield are bottom of the league, without any win so far this season. There is no reason why we cannot beat them in this match as long as we avoid being complacent and make use of our chances. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to continue our winning run before we face Barcelona in the CL.

It sucks that Dele is out, we really miss the x-factor he brings to the table. Likely line-up:

Gazza;
Trips, Toby, Verts, Rose;
Dier, Dembele;
Son, Lamela, Lucas;
Kane

Should be good enough to win it, but I reckon it'll be a hard fought game today.

Everybody dance now!

We seem to be getting too many injury problems this season with Eriksen, Alli and Aurier being the latest to get injured. Wish we can have all our best players fully fit soon. Huddersfield won't make it easy for us in this match as they are desperate to get their first win of the season. We need to get an early goal to help us settle our nerves and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Huddersfield and stay in the top 4 race.

It sucks that Dele is out, we really miss the x-factor he brings to the table. Likely line-up:

Gazza;
Trips, Toby, Verts, Rose;
Dier, Dembele;
Son, Lamela, Lucas;
Kane

Should be good enough to win it, but I reckon it'll be a hard fought game today.
Agree with that time, Moura and Son should pose plenty of questions and Pamela should enjoy the responsibility of playing as the 10 (unless Poch plays Lucas through the middle and then Pamela on the left which I think negates both of their skills a little). Only issue is if that team didn’t put them away in 70 there’s little on the bench to change it up.

Gazzaniga
Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Sanchez - Rose
Dier - Dembele
Lucas - Son
Kane (c)
Subs
Whiteman
Davies
Winks
Sissoke
Wanyama
Lamela
Llorente​

343 it seems.

Dier and Dembele in the middle. I'd expect to see us very solid, but struggling to create much.

343 it seems.

Dier and Dembele in the middle. I'd expect to see us very solid, but struggling to create much.

Need to CBs to step out of defence and drive forward when there is space. And Rose and Trippier have to stretch the play and provide width.

343 it seems.

Same set up as last year here. Trips and Rose will be camped up with the front 3 I presume. You might be pleasantly surprised (I hope!).

Jeez, the classic line up from Poch when challenged to find a solution... zero midfield "creativity" from Dier and Dembele.

Trusting the wingbacks will give us width, yet Dier and Dembele will be s-l-l-o-o-o-w-w to give them the ball and thus Huddersfield will be happy to soak up crosses.

SURELY when Eriksen is out you have to play your other creative through-ball meister, Lamela? Rather than the pace of Son against a deep sitting team?

Hmm, prove me wrong Poch, but we've seen this AVB line-up before.

Back