• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Emirates Marketing Project***

And MacMananananannanan and Stevie Me.

I know we were all over the place at times, which resulted in two howlers from us, but we scored two good goals in reply, one of which they're yapping about Harry being offside. If the boot was on the other foot, it would about about grit, determination and hanging in there.

We finished up with Eric and Wanyama at Centre Half and did the business. COYS!
Was he offside? I thought it looked like Zabaleta played him onside. We did get lucky when Walker pushed Sterling though.

Overall, a very poor performance, but a decent result. With Liverpool and Man Utd also dropping points, it will be a decent weekend for us, even if Arsenal and Chelsea win as expected tomorrow. Hopefully Toby will be back soon though. I think we would struggle if we have to play many games without both him and Vertonghen.

And MacMananananannanan and Stevie Me.

I know we were all over the place at times, which resulted in two howlers from us, but we scored two good goals in reply, one of which they're yapping about Harry being offside. If the boot was on the other foot, it would about about grit, determination and hanging in there.

We finished up with Eric and Wanyama at Centre Half and did the business. COYS!

Well, I'd rather get a lucky point away at City, than "gritting" our way to a home defeat to the bottom placed team in the league :D

How... the... fcuk... did we get anything out of that?!? Feels like a win.

Crushing moral victory for Spurs.

The lads will come home buzzing because we turned an adverse situation on its head and left Guardiola still in a fair bit of a crisis situation. Since the start of December, they've - only beaten one decent team - Arsenal, happily - and lost to every other quality side they've played - Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Everton. Today's result has to feel like a loss for them after taking a two-goal lead at home.

I'm as confident and relaxed about Spurs fortunes this season as I've ever been.

Was he offside? I thought it looked like Zabaleta played him onside. We did get lucky when Walker pushed Sterling though.

Overall, a very poor performance, but a decent result. With Liverpool and Man Utd also dropping points, it will be a decent weekend for us, even if Arsenal and Chelsea win as expected tomorrow. Hopefully Toby will be back soon though. I think we would struggle if we have to play many games without both him and Vertonghen.

Wasn't me that said he was, it was one of those BT Sport Ballbags said that he might have been slightly offside.

I was very pleased with Poch's contribution today. Our players were clearly tense, nervous and panicky. They were trying hard but perhaps a bit too hard. Wrong decisions were the result. Too many were dithering on the ball, dribbling too much and passing backwards without swivelling and turning into space, Dubai might have a point the bigger dimensions of the pitch might be a factor, even Dembele was not finding the space but then they did have 4 players closing his options. It is these minor details players need to work on e.g get Dembele to play more 0ne-two touch passes, look forward etc.
However, Poch didn't leave the changes too late, he switched formations to protect Dier and the CBs by going to 4-2-3-1. He also reacted to the 2 early yellows which Wimmer and Dier picked up, in the past the refs have been quick to send our players off, so credit to our players for not losing the plot, aside of Walker's sleight of hand, we backed off, I think this helped City get possession, as we don't usually lose so many 50-50s.
I expect more teams will press us now, esp Pool, as Monaco and Leverkusen did. Our tactical flexibility now means we have a better chance of coping. On these occasions, we could do with moving the ball quicker, push and run, and particularly someone who can switch the ball effectively. A Hoddle would be gold dust, Eriksen was off today, but someone else with that awareness would be very useful.
Although, not quite the skill set we need, Carroll's use of the ball today was an example, for Swansea.
I am not sure who can provide that quality, Winks plays short very well, but a pressing swarm can't move to the other side of the pitch quickly to a switched ball, enabling us to utilise our pace on the flanks, especially, if that player can beat a man.

I see Howard Webb is desperate for attention, he says we must have video technology after the Walker/Sterling incident, shame he never felt the compelling need for it when Mendes shot was 2 foot over the line or when the ref gave Chelsea a goal that never was against us in the cup.

I see Howard Webb is desperate for attention, he says we must have video technology after the Walker/Sterling incident, shame he never felt the compelling need for it when Mendes shot was 2 foot over the line or when the ref gave Chelsea a goal that never was against us in the cup.
Or when he missed the de jong Kung fu attack on Xabi Alonso in the World Cup final, or for the countless decisions he awarded Utd.

But for Hugo playing like a qunt today, we' have won. He's won us enough games in the past though, so eh, phuck it. An undeserved point, might yet be crucial.
Absolutely, Hugo has been immense for us in the past. He can be forgiven those two brain farts today. Far more damaging to the City psyche than to us where we can be thinking 'played crap, but still couldn't be beat!'

No one was woeful today. Hugo made two critical errors but he also made some very good saves first half. We are playing a very good side who are three points behind us, not Sunderland and for a quarter of the game we played with only one recognized center back.

Yeah,but we bought him as an International keeper to make good saves,not to bigger it up later!

He did, when he got outclassed at WHL - that's where the whole thing comes from. To his credit, he's been very consistent in his views about us - he said we were brilliant before he came to the Lane, he said we were brilliant after and he's sticking to his guns now, even when his team nearly did to us what we did to them at the Lane.

I think a lot of that comes down to Guardiola being very passionate about tactics and teambuilding. He genuinly appreciates the job Poch has done with the team.

Back