• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project***

Yeah, but you get booked for kicking the ball away. Grealish did as well.

Richalison does like to get more bookings celebrating goals, than scoring them as well...
Grealish one was during play though. Stopped in taking the free kick..I don't see how booting a ball in celebration is the same.. Lots of players do that. Ok then.. Let's see some consistency on that from now on.

Grealish one was during play though. Stopped in taking the free kick..I don't see how booting a ball in celebration is the same.. Lots of players do that. Ok then.. Let's see some consistency on that from now on.
Stops the opposition taking the ball to the centre circle.
Every second counts

Every second wasted is now being added on. Goal celebrations are now designed to take as long as possible to get everyone organized for after the kickoff.

So we can score an own goal by an otherwise blameless soul.

In fairness, it’s hard to tell if he blew looking at it again, but he does bring the whistle to the lips and raise his arm to give the foul as soon as Haaland goes down.

He then does a half-hearted play on gesture, then brings it back for the free kick - only, I presume, because he’s (confusingly, granted) indicated for the free kick already.

How much were you paid Earl to miss the open goal?

To be fair so does Haaland normally, just not this season so far for some reason:

Certainly didn’t today! All he needed to do was kick a ball straight. I’ve seen him miss a number of openings. But he is only 23. Still Kane is a beater player as things stand.

This was like the Villa game in reverse. And to get a result at City with half of our starting outfield players not in the team is out-fudging-standing. This has to be a massive confidence booster. And with Cuti back, this could be the start of getting back into winning ways. COYS!

1:30am kick off here so just watched the full replay and wow, what a performance. To score 3 goals and get a draw away to Emirates Marketing Project with that team (Royal and Davies vs Haaland FFS) is incredible.

Still lots to do and lots of bumps along the way but something special is coming.

So I listened to Keane, Richards and Neville.. To be fair Neville applauded some of what we did. I honestly think Keane is totally against this style of play no matter what comes off.

Listening to him say they missed KDB, and could have been 6 up by half time.. Players miss chances. I remember after we drew with the scum they said they missed rice in the 2nd half.. Seems only they have a let off for having missing players.

Two reserve full backs as our center backs. Just let that sink in..

They had as many shots on target as we did. They shaded possession. So let's just complain about one ref call again.. Tiring .. we have played the top 4. Two away, two home. Toughest two away and we are undefeated.. Beat Liverpool. Lost cruelly to Villa.

The ref couldn’t win there
But … your talking crap if you think he is getting caught
This was such a crucial call, not only because it prevented City from getting the winner, but also one of the chasing players or Venom bringing Grealish down and getting a straight red, something that would have had repercussions way beyond just this game's result.

Football365 Conclusions

"The total commitment to playing out from the back is never going to be accepted by everyone. There will be times when it goes wrong, and those times will be jumped upon. Emerson Royal in particular is not remotely comfortable collecting the ball from his own keeper in close proximity to the goal. But, again, it’s not a tactic being used just to upset Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher. Although you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise. One of the absolute highlights of a thoroughly entertaining first half was a brilliant one-touch passing escape from the City press and into the attacking third that involved just about every Spurs player, all taking place under 45 seconds of constant complaining and criticism from the commentary duo urging Spurs to ‘go long’."

I remember this happening, laughing as we carved our way up the pitch and desperately waiting to see how they would dismiss it if we were to actually score.

Football365 Conclusions

"The total commitment to playing out from the back is never going to be accepted by everyone. There will be times when it goes wrong, and those times will be jumped upon. Emerson Royal in particular is not remotely comfortable collecting the ball from his own keeper in close proximity to the goal. But, again, it’s not a tactic being used just to upset Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher. Although you could be forgiven for thinking otherwise. One of the absolute highlights of a thoroughly entertaining first half was a brilliant one-touch passing escape from the City press and into the attacking third that involved just about every Spurs player, all taking place under 45 seconds of constant complaining and criticism from the commentary duo urging Spurs to ‘go long’."

I remember this happening, laughing as we carved our way up the pitch and desperately waiting to see how they would dismiss it if we were to actually score.
This one, right? Laughable. He couldn’t stop himself even as it was happening before his eyes.

This one, right? Laughable. He couldn’t stop himself even as it was happening before his eyes.

One of the other things I found laughable watching the game was Carragher and Neville's desire for us to sit deeper, to clear our lines when we had the chance and not take so many risks. As if that would have led to City creating fewer chances? In fact, we have the blueprint for that not even 1 year ago, when we lost 4-2. That day City had 16 attempts and 10 on target.

I think I know which style I'd prefer.

(The counterargument to that might be that we did pull it off with the 3-2 win in 2022, but that only happened because Harry Kane put in literally one of the best Premier League performances ever.)

That's brilliant. I live in Canada so I don't get the sky commentators.

But I had the same thing being said in mine. It's what they were trained to do as former players.. They know no different.

I think mine was Jim Beglin. The world feed. I never get big nose or Neville's etc
Yeh, I get the world feed - live in Sydney, and have fudging Beglin on too often. Including in this game. I literally had to mute him and the other guy (think it was Connor Mcnamara or something) for a few mins in the first half - they were driving me up the wall.

Beglin in particular, didn't seem to have one fudging iota about how we play. He kept banging on in surprise about the advanced positions Udogie took up as well as the positive runs he made. At one point he literally exclaimed "I hope someone is there to cover the lad?!" -- apparently Beglin has literally never watched Spurs play under Ange / has no idea that this is literally our system, our approach, and what Destiny & Porro do all day every day.

Offers literally zero insight, In fact the opposite applies - the more you listen to him the dumber you feel o_O

Back