• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea FC *****

If it goes wrong, and he fails to perform when faced with one of the best midfields in world football, would he have the confidence to boss a game again? Would he perform in a top-level premier league game, after nothing but lower league and reserve football for the most part of his career? Would we be patient and not immediately expect him to replace Dembele's impact on the game? And would we have confidence in his abilities to the extent where we continue to encourage him from the stands? Considering the reaction some of our players get after a bad game, I doubt it.

So, while it's a decent idea in theory, I wouldn't really want his career to be permanently damaged because we thrust him in at the deep end against Chelsea.

Well, what other options are there? Livermore and Parker are injured, Hudd, while one of my favourite players, is far too slow against a team with players like Hazard, Mata, Ramires and Oscar. I think we need someone agile and good with the ball at his feet who also covers a lot of ground.
Carroll far exceeded my expectations in the Europa League last season and has the potential to become a very good deep lying playmaker. I don't buy into your theory about him being permanently damaged if he doesn't perform, also doubt our fans would suddenly turn against one of our best talents (from our own academy) after one bad game.

Anyway, here's hoping Mousa is fit to play.

Well, what other options are there? Livermore and Parker are injured, Hudd, while one of my favourite players, is far too slow against a team with players like Hazard, Mata, Ramires and Oscar. I think we need someone agile and good with the ball at his feet who also covers a lot of ground.
Carroll far exceeded my expectations in the Europa League last season and has the potential to become a very good deep lying playmaker. I don't buy into your theory about him being permanently damaged if he doesn't perform, also doubt our fans would suddenly turn against one of our best talents (from our own academy) after one bad game.

Anyway, here's hoping Mousa is fit to play.

The key point. Though, in relation to the fans turning on an academy player due to a few bad games, Dean Marney, and, for a considerable section of the support, Jamie O'Hara spring to mind.

The key point. Though, in relation to the fans turning on an academy player due to a few bad games, Dean Marney, and, for a considerable section of the support, Jamie O'Hara spring to mind.

Marney was never going to make it. O'Hara, in addition to being a lady garden, came from Arsenal's academy.

Marney was never going to make it. O'Hara, in addition to being a lady garden, came from Arsenal's academy.

One could argue Carroll's never going to make it either, what with his (relative) physical frailty and struggles while on loan at Derby. Point being, that argument could be made for any youth teamer currently on our books, much like it was made for Marney. Same thing with O'Hara; just because he undoubtedly was a lady garden doesn't mean it justifies our fans giving up on him that early.

We are a demanding club, with demanding fans; it would be different if we had a famous youth academy that produced player after player. In that case, we'd probably be more forgiving of our young lads, because we know our academy doesn't get a lot wrong. But we have an academy that has been regarded for much of its history as mediocre, so we are inclined to be a wee bit suspicious of any player emerging from it. Hopefully that's changing, though, with the rise of Livermore, Caulker and co.

fudge chelsea, isolate their attack and their nothing. Their defence is brick and the reason they wont win the league.

yea how do we go about doing that? Isolate Torres, Hazard, Oscar and Mata?

I definitely think there's a goal or 2 in it for us, I'm just not sure about us at the other end, I could see it being quite high scoring actually, maybe a 3-2 one way or the other. Neither team looks too special at the back.

But was a self-confessed Spurs fan.

And how was he a ****? By saying the wrong thing once when the team he loved had loaned him out?

Strange comments.

And how was he a ****? By saying the wrong thing once when the team he loved had loaned him out?

Strange comments.

=D>

I really thought O'Hara would progress in our team and I've certainly got no ill feeling towards him.

Strange comments.

Yea I don't remeber this "fans turned on him" thing, whenever he played for us I thought he was pretty good, fantasticly versatile, well worthy of a squad place but not quite good enough for a regular 1st team position. The reason he left was because he wanted to play every week, not because we thought he was brick, because he clearly wasn't.

The only fan backlash I can remember was him on tv wanting Pompey to win the Semi so that he could play at Wembley in an FA cup final - what a w*nker hey?!

Lloris
Walker
Gallas
Caulker
Vertonghen
Sandro
Dembele
Lennon
Dempsey
Bale
Defoe

Easy team to pick nowadays, clear what our first team currently is.

If I remember correctly, HR got lucky with the fortuitous pairing of Thud and Modric in the centre after (I think) Palacios got suspended.

I dont think anyone saw that as an ideal pairing at first in centre midfield. It seemed to gel though and we went on to beat Chelsea, Arsenal and then memorably Manbricky to qualify for the CL for the first and only time (so far).

If Dembele isnt fit, lets hope AVB can also come up with an equally inspired CM pairing!

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, HR got lucky with the fortuitous pairing of Thud and Modric in the centre after (I think) Zakora got suspended.

I dont think anyone saw that as an ideal pairing at first in centre midfield. It seemed to gel though and we went on to beat Chelsea, Arsenal and then memorably Manbricky to qualify for the CL for the first and only time (so far).

If Dembele isnt fit, lets hope AVB can also come up with an equally inspired CM pairing!

I'll get my boots.

Terry is now banned for this game.

Can't decide whether that's good or bad. :-k

Saw on Twitter a stat on him.

2.04 points per game with Terry in the team.
1.60 points per game without Terry in the team.

In saying that, in Luiz & Cahill they have two more mobile & quicker defenders. Although Luiz will be the target for us as he is a liability at the back a lot of the time.

i think if dembele isnt fit it is almost a certainty avb will play livermore and sandro. sad but true

I don't see how that is sad. All it means is we'll need to have creativity elsewhere.

Swap Livermore for Palacios and that was the pairing that bossed AC Milan at the San Siro, and they're actually a big team as opposed to these racist pricks we're playing saturday.

Livermore may not have as much bite in the tackle but he's a much better passer than Wilson, and he can track Ramires all day, which Huddlestone if he plays will not be able to do.

The Sandro Livermore partnership at the start of the season was ugly, no denying it, but I think a lot of that came from a lack of understanding in attacking play, now the players understand the system a bit more it'll be easier to ensure they won't get overrun.

Completely off topic but Dawson is going to be on Hawksbee & Jacobs this afternoon (at some time in the next 3 hrs).

Just thought I'd put it in a thread people will see without having to start a new one.

I imagine he will be discussing the Chelsea game though...;)

Back