• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v BVB***

1-2 FT. Great all round performance. First comeback of the season. Top of the group! Lots of great individual performances. Well done Poch. Sorry for doubting you. Now put some time in on our dead balls !!!!!

*Now* throw the APOEL game if you want. *Now* we can relax.

But we needed our full first team to beat Dortmund today. And I'm glad we put that team out there.

Game was Dortmund's for the first thirty minutes, then the goal woke us up and we never took our foot of the gas from that point on. Kane scores a snapshot - Son does Son, and scores a wonderful goal instead of a simple one. 13 points, two wins against Dortmund, one against Madrid, and unbeaten heading into the dead rubber at APOEL - a fine display all-round in our second CL campaign under Poch.

Good second half, good win. We shouldn't go overboard, as Dortmund are poor right now, but we did the job. 2 great finishes.

Danny Rose did well 2nd half, looks like he's on his way back.

Excellent game, and a well deserved win for us! Top of the group, who would've guessed it.

Still think there's plenty to come from this team, especially going forward. Despite two assists, Dele still has a lot to go before he's back at his best. Kane unusually anonymous too, but still scores though. So happy to see Rose of old emerging in the second half. Dier awesome, Jan, Sanchez, Winks all very good.

Most importantly (after securing first place) we can now move on from the dreadful result on Saturday.

A very good performance in the end. A slow start, but we woke up after conceding and dominated the game after that. This Dortmund team is clearly not the strongest at the moment, but it's still a good achievement to win at their place. Pochettino's selection paid off in the end. Now we can rest everyone in the last group match.

No exceptional individual performances tonight, but a strong team performance. Danny Rose was back in the second half though. I also thought Sanchez and Winks played well. Eriksen had another sub-standard performance.

Haha, I'm watching the match on American TV through Kodi and there's this ... Doomsday Prepper's Gourmet Meal thing commercial, "YOU NEED TO BE PREPARED", hahahaha. With a GOURMET meal! Yeeah. Oh, lord.
Sorry, very off topic, but what the fudge. :D :p

Winks is absolute fire. He’s surely played himself truly ahead of Dembele now. He makes the team tick, whether we are playing deep he can hustle with strength. If we’re on the front foot he gets the ball forward quickly and well. He’s awesome.

Great goal from Kane. Great goal from Son. I guess with Dele, his assist for Son is that example of the ball bouncing his way when he tries those tricks when it hasn’t been for a few weeks.

Rose coming back, Aurier decent. Although they did play Auba onside in the first half, not sure whether that’s the fault of the cbs or them...but it happened.

Sanchez a beast. Much better fit for the central role than Dier, who also played well. Not sure why Dier was ever put there considering he’s better on the ball than Sanchez. Was it Poch trying to show him he was trusted as a top cb?

Son has to start upfront for us. Waste of time playing slow Llorente this game will all be about playing balls over the top to run on to.

The problem will be out central midfield. Dembele wont be playing 2 games in a week. Dier will be at centre half again. Sissoko can't keep hold of the ball against a pressing team. I'd drop back Dele Alli there.

----------------Lloris

---------Dier Sanchez Vertonghen

Aurier -Eriksen-Winks-Alli------Rose

---------------Son Kane

Well done Poch, you can copy my homework again at the weekend ;)

Winks is absolute fire. He’s surely played himself truly ahead of Dembele now. He makes the team tick, whether we are playing deep he can hustle with strength. If we’re on the front foot he gets the ball forward quickly and well. He’s awesome.

Great goal from Kane. Great goal from Son. I guess with Dele, his assist for Son is that example of the ball bouncing his way when he tries those tricks when it hasn’t been for a few weeks.

Rose coming back, Aurier decent. Although they did play Auba onside in the first half, not sure whether that’s the fault of the cbs or them...but it happened.

Sanchez a beast. Much better fit for the central role than Dier, who also played well. Not sure why Dier was ever put there considering he’s better on the ball than Sanchez. Was it Poch trying to show him he was trusted as a top cb?

Agreed. Winks was just phenomenal, clearly our man of the match. He's got that awareness of everything going on, always knows which touch he has to take when receiving a ball, and quite a few times today, snuffed out the danger by smelling where there might appear gaps he should plug. Hats off to the lad, what a player. Just phenomenal today.

Sanchez again as well, just phenomenal. Solid, doesn't put a foot wrong, so quick, so composed, looks like he's been playing with us for years. What a signing.

Rose was on fire in the second half, did really well. I liked Aurier's contribution too, and pretty much everyone picked up at the 30th minute mark. Dele had more fire in his boots than in a while, Son and Eriksen quick in possession, Kane with a great finish. Dier doing very well in defense.

Great match by us overall. I loved the effort we put in when we eventually woke up. Loved it. Said to myself, I can't complain if we lose, if we play like that, we're good enough.

Good result but could have been very different if the officials started giving them goals right, left and centre or allowed one of their players to rugby tackle our players and perform x-rated challenges on them without due punishment.

Back