• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth**

Liverpool will have watched that and thought how the hell donwr play against spurs
We can’t defebd well enough to park the bus and if we give spurs space they will score...
They could well of been thinking that the last two/three seasons, but have none the less made us look second best in most of our match-ups..

gonads. You could see the ball bounce away from players several times today. Both Wembley and WHL are Desso grass, and there was an interview with the groundsmen i read before the season, and they said Wembley would be cut and watered exactly like WHL. You guys are making up stuff to fit your agenda.
Agenda, narrative.....give over....it's just their observation. Geez.

They could well of been thinking that the last two/three seasons, but have none the less made us look second best in most of our match-ups..

At WHL last sesosn they were good frost half but still took a soft penalty to score

Second half they did nothing

At tossfield we were awful and made it easy for them and they did their job well

"gonads"
"You guys are making up stuff to fit your agenda"

Warm and friendly. Nice to see another person trying to keep GG as a pleasant place to visit. If you re-read my post, I didn't state anything as fact, so don't think I can be accused of 'making things up' and I cant see why on earth I'd have an agenda.

To me, our passing and general play at Wembley this season has been pretty slow, as is Englands (always) at Wembley - neither us nor England seem to be able to play with any speed/tempo etc at Wembley - the sort of speed and tempo which is associated with the English game. I don't put that down to the size of the pitch given that the pitch isn't that much bigger, and if it was down to the pitch, then you might expect the games to be normal English speed/pace/tempo to start with, and the teams to tire. You'd also expect the bigger pitch to mean more space is available and it be easier for teams to attack quickly. So if you rule of out size of pitch, then you look at other things, one of which could be length of grass, type of grass, maybe something like the bounce/solidity etc of the turf etc. I've no idea what it is, but I don't think its just a coincidence that us this year and England pretty much always seem to be slow and ponderous at Wembley, rather than get any tempo going
We've had lots of games at WHL where the tempo and passing has been pedestrian. It's got nothing to do with the pitch. Some games just end up like that when the opposition sit back and takes away space.

Good to get that win on an overall not very good day at the office; with 4-5 first team players injured and star player having an off day/being mostly marked out of the game. And what a boring game too.

MOM for me was Jan, with a brilliant performance today. Also good to see Eriksen pick him self up after a poor (for his standards) first half. The change in formation obviously helped. First half set up didn't work, good to see Poch recognising that and changing at the break.

Lets hope Dembele, Davies and Wanyama are back for Tuesday. We definitely need them if we want to get anything in Madrid.

73k WTF total red for days and days then 16k short of capacity how does that work

As we seem to count bodies through the gates rather than tickets sold, it must be ST holders who don’t turn up but don’t sell their seats either. (Although 16k is a very high number of no shows).
The 3 seats next to me were unoccupied for the Cheatski and Burnley games, and again today (I wasn’t there for Swansea). Have they been bought just to get a ST next season I wonder. How many others are like that?

Today’s game started in the second half. First half was slow, pedestrian, lots of heavy touches, and just lacking in so many ways.
Second half was much better and straight from the off we looked so much more purposeful.
Verts was everywhere today. A stellar performance. Eriksen really started to click second half. I though Dele looked much more involved and effective. How he missed that header at the end I dont know. Sissoko looks like a player finally finding his confidence. He still looks a bit hesitant when he gets in and around the box but he did some good things today, including a nice overlapping run with Kane.
I hope GKN is OK. Bournemouth goalie should have gone for that tackle from where I saw it.
A couple more goals would have been welcome (especially with City being on fire) but 3 points, a Wembley PL win and a clean sheet, along with other results going in our favour, make it a very good day.

3 points great!
But we look so tired and slow.
If we are like that in Madrid we will come away with nothing!

As we seem to count bodies through the gates rather than tickets sold, it must be ST holders who don’t turn up but don’t sell their seats either. (Although 16k is a very high number of no shows).
The 3 seats next to me were unoccupied for the Cheatski and Burnley games, and again today (I wasn’t there for Swansea). Have they been bought just to get a ST next season I wonder. How many others are like that?

I'll hold my hands up to this, although in my defence I live in Leeds. Was at 350 on the waiting list for The Lane and was faced with the prospect of having 40,000 ST holders bounced in front of me for the new ground. Forced to buy a ST but personal circumstances mean I can't make every game and given the capacity of Wembley I can't pass my ticket on. Ticket Exchange hasn't filled it when given the opportunity (which is going to be rare on a match I'm not attending). I've paid my money and, if I'm unable to go, the Club's not losing out. If I could give it away to a deserving cause via the club (local kids etc.) I would, or resell it at cost, regardless of whether all other seats are sold or not (and I'd be happy with 50% or less) plus the price of a paper ticket, but it seems they'd rather let it sit empty. I'd give it away up here but Spurs supporters are a bit thin on the ground and opposition supporters in our end is going to be an issue I don't want traced back to me, no matter how well behaved they are. Hence my seat sits empty.

I'll hold my hands up to this, although in my defence I live in Leeds. Was at 350 on the waiting list for The Lane and was faced with the prospect of having 40,000 ST holders bounced in front of me for the new ground. Forced to buy a ST but personal circumstances mean I can't make every game and given the capacity of Wembley I can't pass my ticket on. Ticket Exchange hasn't filled it when given the opportunity (which is going to be rare on a match I'm not attending). I've paid my money and, if I'm unable to go, the Club's not losing out. If I could give it away to a deserving cause via the club (local kids etc.) I would, or resell it at cost, regardless of whether all other seats are sold or not (and I'd be happy with 50% or less) plus the price of a paper ticket, but it seems they'd rather let it sit empty. I'd give it away up here but Spurs supporters are a bit thin on the ground and opposition supporters in our end is going to be an issue I don't want traced back to me, no matter how well behaved they are. Hence my seat sits empty.

I’m not judging. Everyone has their own reasons why they can’t get to games.

There are many many thousand of ST holders outside of the UK now. There's gonna be thousands missing every game as long as those hold on to the ST. They only show up for the big games/when they can travel, and with the amount of tickets available, they won't get their tickets sold on the exchange.

I think sometimes we are not on our best and it spreads through the team, exception being jan and Lloris today, verts was absolutely awesome and I have often had a go at him for having to many games where he strolls through. Today like all this season he was very good.

Do think without rose and walker we are lacking pace in the wing back positions which was such a big part of how we played last season. Still a good side and not easily beaten but to create when teams sit back we need more pace in the team.

Think Dele is in a slump nothing seems to come off for him at the moment, I am all for giving players some time out of it when they are in a slump but Poch seems to like them to play themselves out of it.

Kane looked like the baby kept him up last night because he was just a second slower in taking shots, He ought to send the missus and nipper to the inlaws the nights before big games.

Good game crap atmosphere as usual fe chants of we are the shelfside we are the parklane but nothing else. I miss the old boy who always used to sell me my programme outside the White Hart Lane station, had some stroppy urban teen today who slammed it down on the counter without even looking at me. I could not wait to move away from North London and only go back for the football, but GHod i miss Tottenham.

Lloris - at least one great save and another clean sheet 8
Trippier - suffers height wise when he's the last man back post, solid otherwise 7
Toby - very sound today 8
Jan - MOTM defensively excellent and our best crosses came from him on the left 9
Sanchez - wobbly at times but can be forgiven as he adapts to England 6
Dier - needs to back himself passing wise, otherwise we're too slow in transition 6
Winks - good game but he's got room for improvement 7
Alli - flicks and tricks but most impressive today was his Lamela like pressing even late in the game 7
Eriksen - excellent performance and goal, which is I captained him in fantasy football 8
Son - not at his best, Poch should have replaced him with Sissoko earlier 6
Kane - had his chances but showed he's human after all, some excellent hold up play and passing 7

Sissoko absolutely beastly, excellent cameo 7
N'Koudou 6 poor guy
Llorente 6 not much chance to get involved

Poch - subs kind of helped but in the case of Sissnaldo came ten mins too late. Defensively we are so well drilled. 8

Lloris - at least one great save and another clean sheet 8
Trippier - suffers height wise when he's the last man back post, solid otherwise 7
Toby - very sound today 8
Jan - MOTM defensively excellent and our best crosses came from him on the left 9
Sanchez - wobbly at times but can be forgiven as he adapts to England 6
Dier - needs to back himself passing wise, otherwise we're too slow in transition 6
Winks - good game but he's got room for improvement 7
Alli - flicks and tricks but most impressive today was his Lamela like pressing even late in the game 7
Eriksen - excellent performance and goal, which is I captained him in fantasy football 8
Son - not at his best, Poch should have replaced him with Sissoko earlier 6
Kane - had his chances but showed he's human after all, some excellent hold up play and passing 7

Sissoko absolutely beastly, excellent cameo 7
N'Koudou 6 poor guy
Llorente 6 not much chance to get involved

Poch - subs kind of helped but in the case of Sissnaldo came ten mins too late. Defensively we are so well drilled. 8

Subs always come at 70 and 85 minutes and sometimes a third one in added time. George-Kevin earned his money this week.

I missed the second half but by all accounts it was a vast improvement on the other two and half games at Wembley in the league against crap opposition. Some interesting potential factors identified in this thread as to why we were not at it in the 2.5 games:

1. Size of pitch
2. Length of grass
3. Proximity of fans to the pitch
4. Crap atmosphere
5. Opposition parking the bus
6. Formation
7. Lack of blistering pace in wing back positions
8. Players not focused sufficiently for a PL game (i.e. missed placed passes, bad touch etc)

1-5 can be dismissed straight away as apparently we were very good in yesterday's second half. Don't get me wrong some of these don't help, but they are clearly small factors in regards to the performance when we play at Wembley against a crap team.

I also think some are giving too much credit to the formation change for the second half. Yes we are best with wing backs imo but we played that system against Swansea.

7 is huge imo and the lack of Rose and Walker is hurting us in these type of games for obvious reasons, but again neither of them and Aurier played in yesterday's second half.

Clearly 8 is the most valid factor here, first half was pathetic and unacceptable. Slow football, misplaced passes, stupid unnecessary flicks in the box. I suspect Poch lost his brick at half time, went fudging mad and it prompted the players to wake up.

Seems to me our biggest considerations to ensure we beat the numerous other crap teams still to visit Wembley, is getting Rose and Aurier in the team and Poch doing whatever he did at half time yesterday to motivate the players, before these games begin.

Back