• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund - first leg***

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was the same tie but in the Champions League everyone would be buzzing for this game, it's no less exciting for me because it happens to be in the Europa League, a tournament we are more than capable of winning.

European Trophys is the one thing we do have over Arsenal, and for all their years of competing in the Champions League they have never won it, I'd rather win this then move onto the bigger one!

I don't know why but the UEFACup/Europa Trophy is one of my favourite pieces of Silverware looks wise.

Out of interest, why do you say that?
I just think with the formation they play and the players they have they will blitz us in the first 30 minutes and they could be out of sight especially if he plays a weakened side which in a way I hope Poch does

I hope I'm wrong

I just think with the formation they play and the players they have they will blitz us in the first 30 minutes and they could be out of sight especially if he plays a weakened side which in a way I hope Poch does

I hope I'm wrong

I hope we DON'T get blitzed as well because if we do i worry how it will effect us mentally (we haven't been 'blitzed' by anyone yet this season...)
I suspect Poch knows this and he'll put out a competetive side. His rep is on the line as much as ours as a club is imo

I hope we DON'T get blitzed as well because if we do i worry how it will effect us mentally (we haven't been 'blitzed' by anyone yet this season...)
I suspect Poch knows this and he'll put out a competetive side. His rep is on the line as much as ours as a club is imo

I don't think Poch or our rep is on the line with this game. Player for player, they are a better side and I think that everyone knows this.

I am really looking forward to this game. I want to see us playing the best teams and I hope that we can give them a good game across both legs. Ending up winners would be even better.

I don't know why but the UEFACup/Europa Trophy is one of my favourite pieces of Silverware looks wise.

UefaCuptrophy_1229323.jpg

It is a big mofo

I don't think Poch or our rep is on the line with this game. Player for player, they are a better side and I think that everyone knows this.

I am really looking forward to this game. I want to see us playing the best teams and I hope that we can give them a good game across both legs. Ending up winners would be even better.

Ok maybe 'on the line' was a bit string. What i meant was that it would be no disgrace to lose the tie overall, BUT if we were to lose the first leg, say 4-0, then it would look like Poch after all we've made strides this season is not that great when it comes to the crunch.
A respectable loss wont be a problem. A disastrous one, where the tie is over before the end of the first game (and we haven't had a playyer sent off lol) and we are made to look like tactical pygmys would put a dent in his and our reputation imv.

Reminds me a bit of an old gramophone player. Would love for us to chuck it in the trophy locker in May. :D

Ok maybe 'on the line' was a bit string. What i meant was that it would be no disgrace to lose the tie overall, BUT if we were to lose the first leg, say 4-0, then it would look like Poch after all we've made strides this season is not that great when it comes to the crunch.
A respectable loss wont be a problem. A disastrous one, where the tie is over before the end of the first game (and we haven't had a playyer sent off lol) and we are made to look like tactical pygmys would put a dent in his and our reputation imv.

To even be at "the crunch" this soon after Poch arrived considering where we were when he arrived is a very solid performance.
One big team beating another big team kind of thoroughly happens somewhat regularly so I don't think too much should be read into this one game if that happens.

That being said I don't think it's likely that we'll get crushed 4-0 or anything like that. We have a good side and have looked good against other big sides this season.

Only a fool draws conclusions based on one result. You are right that some people might change their mind on him based on these two games but we probably shouldn't pay too much attention to them.

Dortmund will give up chances, or have done every time I've seen them this season. We have to be a little more clinical than we have been of late, and if we are we have a good chance in this tie.

Only a fool draws conclusions based on one result. You are right that some people might change their mind on him based on these two games but we probably shouldn't pay too much attention to them.

Tbh, i'm not so bothered about Poch's rep (although i think he will be to an extent); However, i would worry about what a crushing morale-sapping defeat would do to the squad at this stage. We have done well, but are still relatively green and are VERY young. In my opinion we should stay competitive and all talk of just resting most of our first team for this big game is just folly (what was the point of winning the group and travelling to Quarabag to just lie down at this stage??).
The fact that we have Villa (the worst team in the PL) afterwards gives us almost zero excuses for doing that also..

I hope I'm wrong
I'm also a bit worried about us going under in the first 30 minutes. Especially without Dier in the side.

First season that the Europa League isn't on Freeview and this is one of the most exciting final 16's yet... Might have to get BT Sport!

Dortmund v Spurs followed by Liverpool v United is a cracking line up.

I'm also a bit worried about us going under in the first 30 minutes. Especially without Dier in the side.
Like the good old days (think back to Young Boys and Inter away). Incredibly we bounced back really well in both games!

Look it could be a real football lesson but one we really need to be ready for because hopefully this is the calibre of opposition that we would like to be mixing it with from here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back