• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa FC ***

Ollie Watkins to score anytime 11/8. Cant see it not happening up against Dier and Davies. My big hope is if they play that high line they did at Villa Park late last season

Unfortunately this has got 0-1 to Villa written all over it.

Its a shame that the freak injuries and suspensions that have slowly totted up in recent months (starting with Soloman and Perisic) have for the time being derailed our season.

We're still alright in terms of forwards, it could be a silver lining for Veliz to be called upon and see some action earlier than planned and for Gill to get a go. The season isn't derailed by not having Solomon or Ivan, it was just never railed in the first place by having no suitable back up at LCB or having to forlornly hope that GLC would suddenly remember he plays for a club as well as a country.

I am hoping that we'll see squad players step up and also ideally some youth as well, and that we'll somehow still be there or abouts by the time we get Maddison and Micky back. We obviously ought to remain positive but it's hard trying to make a rational positive prediction with a high line including Dier and Davies as a CB pairing. There's no fun in laying in to players that we know aren't suited so I hope the atmosphere remains good but these coming weeks are looking a bit rough.

Ollie Watkins to score anytime 11/8. Cant see it not happening up against Dier and Davies. My big hope is if they play that high line they did at Villa Park late last season
We should have bought him when Steve Perryman tried to set it up before he went to Brentford. Obviously hindsight, but he could have been ours for very little.

Son and Johnson are more than fast enough to exploit their back line
All comes down to how we pass and how we keep the ball
We will give away chances because we’re playing back up players… that’s life
But Pau Torres (if he okays) is rubbish at defending. We will target him for sure, probably with Kulu running at him

Son and Johnson are more than fast enough to exploit their back line
All comes down to how we pass and how we keep the ball
We will give away chances because we’re playing back up players… that’s life
But Pau Torres (if he okays) is rubbish at defending. We will target him for sure, probably with Kulu running at him
We don’t have the midfield atm to make it tick. Look at us against wolves. It was like watching a mourinho team, plenty of quality up top but only lots of busy players in midfield.

That same dynamic will likely be at play against villa unless lo celso plays and has one of his best games of his life.

Then with that bluntness we have a suspect defence at the other end.

Not a good combination.

Unfortunately this has got 0-1 to Villa written all over it.

Its a shame that the freak injuries and suspensions that have slowly totted up in recent months (starting with Soloman and Perisic) have for the time being derailed our season.
I’m sure 90% of your posts are negative.

Ange has said some very positive things on Lo Celso and Donley in his pre match media briefing.

With Phillips and Sarr likely out I would love to see Dorrington get a chance next to Dier.

PEH is actually decent but only if he is doing Sarr’s role in this system. The other two roles he cant do effectively.

So PEH for Sarr, Bentancur for Bissouma and Lo Celso for Maddison could be an interesting dynamic.

We don’t have the midfield atm to make it tick. Look at us against wolves. It was like watching a mourinho team, plenty of quality up top but only lots of busy players in midfield.

That same dynamic will likely be at play against villa unless lo celso plays and has one of his best games of his life.

Then with that bluntness we have a suspect defence at the other end.

Not a good combination.
That was because of the team Ange picked
Not because we didn’t have players who can play IMO
Having the inverted full backs work again will make a difference to midfield too

Me too. My GHod Bournemouth were poor that day. Totally dominated.

Even Janssen scored....

Joking aside. It hurts knowing that team that season didn't win the league or at least a cup. Just our luck having coming up against a freak leciester season, we then had to chase an outstanding Chelsea side

Back